Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ McCarron Greeted By Browns Owner and Head Coach Before Game.
(11-27-2017, 09:17 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I hope that he goes to Pittsburgh and becomes the starter there. I would absolutely love getting 2 wins on them and them having a bad record every year when he's the starter.

Because it's not like AJ has ever won anywhere, right???? Whatever
Reply/Quote
Isn't this considered collusion? I mean, McCarron is a Bengal, and Browns brass is on the field chatting it up with him? 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 01:39 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Because it's not like AJ has ever won anywhere, right???? Whatever

In the NFL the only time he's ever won a game was against another team with a backup QB. So, yeah...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Information 
Last I checked, players were still allowed to talk to friends on another team. No need to make a mountain out of a molehill. But I hope AJM is found unrestricted, and he can go somewhere where he can contribute. That place isn't going to be Cincinnati, unless Dalton gets hurt.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 01:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Isn't this considered collusion? I mean, McCarron is a Bengal, and Browns brass is on the field chatting it up with him? 

If they broke any rules depends on what they were talking about. If it was 'hey, sorry about that cluster ****, hope you have a good rest of the year' then I think they're ok. If it was 'hey, sorry the Bengals dropped the ball, come see me when they take your ankle monitor off,' then yeah, that could be an issue for the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 02:23 PM)snowy Wrote: Last I checked, players were still allowed to talk to friends on another team. No need to make a mountain out of a molehill. But I hope AJM is found unrestricted, and he can go somewhere where he can contribute. That place isn't going to be Cincinnati, unless Dalton gets hurt.

(11-27-2017, 02:29 PM)Benton Wrote: If they broke any rules depends on what they were talking about. If it was 'hey, sorry about that cluster ****, hope you have a good rest of the year' then I think they're ok. If it was 'hey, sorry the Bengals dropped the ball, come see me when they take your ankle monitor off,' then yeah, that could be an issue for the Browns.

I'm not sure I've ever heard of an owner seeking out a specific player to talk to. Especially right after a botched trade attempt. 

Hard to prove what was said though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
According to them, they were discussing the Iron Bowl..... hard for anyone to prove otherwise, and really, I think they probably were. If Hazlett wanted to talk to McCarron about anything else, there are many better places to do it than on the field on regional tv....
Reply/Quote
Everybody has their favorite QB... nothing more to it.

We should demand a 1st round pick for AJM, and then negotiate from there.... what's this 2nd or 5th round pick I keep hearing, you dont negotiate up, you negotiate down.
Reply/Quote
Either way, I gotta say I'm looking forward to the "start Driskel" posts that will come from Dalton's Dumbasses next year. Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 02:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm not sure I've ever heard of an owner seeking out a specific player to talk to. Especially right after a botched trade attempt. 

Hard to prove what was said though.

Pretty much. They weren't exactly hiding the discussion. It's not like Jimmy sent AJ's agent a "See you in 2018" card or anything.
Reply/Quote
I would think the Browns at this point would be looking at Lamar.....
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 06:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I would think the Browns at this point would be looking at Lamar.....

Doubt it.

They've ended up ruining the career of pretty much every quarterback that they've ever drafted highly.  I think they go with the proven McCarron and roll with him, especially because I think it would also please their fans.  They'd be pissed if they draft another QB high, ruin him, and set their franchise back however many years.

I think they actually may be happy that they botched the trade because now they can get AJ in the offseason and let him have a full offseason to learn the playbook and players/coaches, while throwing him into that dumpster fire midseason could have hurt AJ's confidence and development with the offense, which would have had their fans calling for them to draft a first rounder when, in reality, AJ had no chance of satisfying anyone.

I think the AJ loses his grievance and the Bengals put a second round tender on him, get it, and are able to improve the line.

Win-win  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Hue might not be the only former Bengal position coach that might try to talk management into offering up something for AJM. Bronco's QB situation may be even worse than Cleveland's.

As to the conversation at hand: I'd assume it was more an apology than tampering.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Heard they were just talking about the Auburn/Bama game but sure would love to get that first pick in the 2nd round for AJM.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 11:27 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's too be determined by the NFL. Basically what it will come down to is if the NFL believes our doctors assessment that he wasn't healthy enough to be active.

Mike Brown isn’t losing this one. This is the kinda stuff he lives for....
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 06:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: They've ended up ruining the career of pretty much every quarterback that they've ever drafted highly.  I think they go with the proven McCarron and roll with him, especially because I think it would also please their fans.  They'd be pissed if they draft another QB high, ruin him, and set their franchise back however many years.

Hmm, well I do think the Browns will wreck everything with a QB so we agree that.  With that being said, it depends on what you mean about drafting a QB "high."  The way I see it the only QB's they've drafted in the 1st round since reformation are Tim Couch (#1), Brady Quinn, Brandon Weeden, and Johnny Fartball (all #22 overall).  So in the 18 years they've been back they've taken 1 QB who was pretty good at #1 overall and then 3 guys with moderate, to gigantic red flags at #22.  They've also taken 6 QBs in later rounds that all failed to be Tom Brady or Russell Wilson (or Dak Prescott before the past few weeks where he's now apparently a giant fraud in people's eyes).

Meanwhilst, we laugh at them for passing on guys like Wentz (#2), Watson (#12), Mahomes (#10), Pig Ben (#11) and there might be some other "higher than #22" QBs in there.  The Browns haven't taken a high pick QB since Couch, who coincidentally, was the closest thing to a competent QB they've put on the field since the real Browns went to Baltimore.  I might give a pass to Brady Quinn, but trading down and then taking a baseball player who is almost ready for AARP in Weeden, or trading down to take Johnny Fartball don't count as legit tries in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 11:51 AM)jj22 Wrote: It was the most blatant form of tampering in modern league history. And everyone peeped it. Marvin and co won't do a thing because it was with his good buddy. If this was another team we'd have the Browns 2nd round pick in short time.

A job interview in plain sight. Unprecedented.

It's hard to call it tampering when a deal was already made and everybody knows it.  If the Browns hadn't botched it, McCarron would be there now.  Collusion might be a better term, but nobody takes collusion seriously when it's between the Bengals and Browns.  LMAO.  
Reply/Quote
Hue Jackson must be a very convincing and charismatic person.. remember how he was able to take with him a couple of bengal players to the raiders... including the glorious Carson Palmer.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 03:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: According to them, they were discussing the Iron Bowl..... hard for anyone to prove otherwise, and really, I think they probably were. If Hazlett wanted to talk to McCarron about anything else, there are many better places to do it than on the field on regional tv....

This was part of it.......

(11-27-2017, 08:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As to the conversation at hand: I'd assume it was more an apology than tampering.

....and probably a little of this as well.  No way Hue and Haslam are THAT stupid.  The FO?  Maybe....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 02:46 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Hue Jackson must be a very convincing and charismatic person.. remember how he was able to take with him a couple of bengal players to the raiders... including the glorious Carson Palmer.

Palmer even ended up throwing a few passes to TJ Houshmandzadeh that year.  It was wacky.
Reply/Quote