Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AJ McCarron POSITIVE THREAD
He can play... Period... 2 starts against the best defense.. dude can play... And players respond to him.. I truly believe we can win with him in.

Guy is a Champ...
Reply/Quote
He was superb in the first half against predominately man coverage but struggled big time
against zone packages - improvement in that area comes with time and experience.

Hoping AJ is able to play effectively Sunday against the ratbirds and that our defense can
come up big in round one the following week.

Tough pill to swallow watching a bye which was ours for the taking squandered.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 04:26 PM)Rattler Wrote: He was superb in the first half against predominately man coverage but struggled big time
against zone packages - improvement in that area comes with time and experience.

Hoping AJ is able to play effectively Sunday against the ratbirds and that our defense can
come up big in round one the following week.

Tough pill to swallow watching a bye which was ours for the taking squandered.

2 starts...  He is doing really really well.  
Reply/Quote
He has to prove he can win big games in the NFL. He was there in the first half, abysmal in the second half.

Sure, he showed positives in the first half when throwing to the sideline. But all he really showed was that he's a quality backup.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
That second half I fault on the extremely poor offensive line, from the running and pass protection. doesn't matter what QB is in the backfield the Broncos D made adjustments and manhandled the offensive line that second half. AJ did what he could under those circumstances.
Reply/Quote
AJM did fine. This loss wasn't/shouldn't be blamed on him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 04:34 PM)GodFather Wrote: That second half I fault on the extremely poor offensive line, from the running and pass protection. doesn't matter what QB is in the backfield the Broncos D made adjustments and manhandled the offensive line that second half. AJ did what he could under those circumstances.

They confused the living shit out of him and your right the O-line after playing so well in the 1st half
looked like horseshit in the 2nd half most of the time.

With the game on the line Andre Smith was beaten like a drum.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 04:30 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: He has to prove he can win big games in the NFL. He was there in the first half, abysmal in the second half.

Sure, he showed positives in the first half when throwing to the sideline. But all he really showed was that he's a quality backup.

Prove he has to win...  give the guy his props his 2nd start....  Give me a break....  Most backups would piss their self if they Had to go in Denver and play against that defense... 2nd half was field position and Hue Jackson calling... and AJ Green deciding he was double teamed.... Sidelines throws.. Eifert down the middle out and then Hewitt.. going down... pfftt... dude is a champ.
Reply/Quote
He is definetly a Qb with starting potential.

Maybe Hue gets a job and needs a Qb and trades us another 1 and 2/3 for AJM haha
Reply/Quote
I like him and I think he's playing really well for a backup. He may wind up a starter somewhere. That said, if Dalton had the exact same games against SF and Denver, the tune would be different from some people. Dalton would've been roasted for only leading the offense to 17 points while fumbling away the game.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 07:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I like him and I think he's playing really well for a backup. He may wind up a starter somewhere. That said, if Dalton had the exact same games against SF and Denver, the tune would be different from some people. Dalton would've been roasted for only leading the offense to 17 points while fumbling away the game.

you got that right about Dalton, he would have been roasted.  but AJM has done a very nice job in his absence.  sure as hell beats the back up QB's we've had around here in the past.  disasters!
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 04:08 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: He can play... Period...  2 starts against the best defense.. dude can play...   And players respond to him..  I truly believe we can win with him in.  

Guy is a Champ...

His deep throw is great.  Just needs more playing time.  But right now, Dalton is our best QB.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 04:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He is definetly a Qb with starting potential.  

Maybe Hue gets a job and needs a Qb and trades us another 1 and 2/3 for AJM haha

That is SO going to happen.  
Reply/Quote
I like him. It was a tough test and ultimately, not being able to run the ball hurt the team. Hopefully he gets the job done against Baltimore and Denver slip up against the Chargers, which is not an easy game.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 07:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I like him and I think he's playing really well for a backup. He may wind up a starter somewhere. That said, if Dalton had the exact same games against SF and Denver, the tune would be different from some people. Dalton would've been roasted for only leading the offense to 17 points while fumbling away the game.

I see what you are trying to say but I dont understand what it is your saying.  He is a starter somewhere that is here for us...  Dalton would have been grilled cause he has been in the league and starter for much longer..  not only 2 games..  But AJ McCarron is playing really well not ONLY as a back but- but also for a starter in which has only played for 2 games.  The Lack of support for this guy is almost sickening after reading much of these threads...  We should be supporting this guy with everything we have...  but for some reason some dumb reason it has become Andy vs AJ around here...  which blows cause it makes us no better than stooler fans.  Andy yes is the guy but right now he does not take snaps from BODINE....  So I think it is time for us as FANS to give AJ a bit more respect...  We still have a great shot at winning a playoff game and I dare say it the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
Obviously Green was Macs bread and butter. Soon as he got away from him he started sucking.
Reply/Quote
I am happy with his starts so far.. if we go 2-1 and the loss being a OT loss with him as QB.. I don't think you can expect much more
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 08:12 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I am happy with his starts so far.. if we go 2-1 and the loss being a OT loss with him as QB.. I don't think you can expect much more

Absolutely. 

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 04:30 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: He has to prove he can win big games in the NFL. He was there in the first half, abysmal in the second half.

Our last two starters (Carson and Andy) weren't able to do that here either. Just saying.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 08:04 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: you got that right about Dalton, he would have been roasted.  but AJM has done a very nice job in his absence.  sure as hell beats the back up QB's we've had around here in the past.  disasters!

Agreed. He may be the best backup we've had since Kitna.

(12-29-2015, 08:10 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I see what you are trying to say but I dont understand what it is your saying.  He is a starter somewhere that is here for us...  Dalton would have been grilled cause he has been in the league and starter for much longer..  not only 2 games..  But AJ McCarron is playing really well not ONLY as a back but- but also for a starter in which has only played for 2 games.  The Lack of support for this guy is almost sickening after reading much of these threads...  We should be supporting this guy with everything we have...  but for some reason some dumb reason it has become Andy vs AJ around here...  which blows cause it makes us no better than stooler fans.  Andy yes is the guy but right now he does not take snaps from BODINE....  So I think it is time for us as FANS to give AJ a bit more respect...  We still have a great shot at winning a playoff game and I dare say it the Super Bowl.

1. When I said McCarron could be a starter "somewhere", I was talking about his long term future. You seem to agree that Andy is the guy here, so if he's going to be a long term starter, it's going to be elsewhere.

2. I've been around these boards for over 5 years and I have a great memory. Dalton has been getting ripped since his rookie season and it really intensified during his 2nd season. Whether you consider McC a rookie or a 2nd year player, Dalton was getting ripped on a consistent basis at the same point in his career. One of the first threads that really tore into Dalton was after he threw a couple INTs against the 49ers in his 3rd game.

3. I support all players that I feel help the Bengals win. Right now I think McC is one of those players. I think he's a fine backup option or starter for when Dalton goes down. He seems like a good guy off the field as well. In fact, I don't even think I've said anything negative about McCarron yet. I just find it interesting how differently he's treated. Dalton is held to a much stricter standard of success, and he always has been.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote