Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ McCarron getting outplayed
I'm thinking that the Bengals placed just a tad too much faith in McCarron for too long and Alabama QBs still suck.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2018, 07:26 AM)Jason_NC Wrote: They did the trade, Cleveland blew it.  

They didn't blow it.  They just changed their mind.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Doesn't matter what AJM and that other guy do. Josh Allen will be the starter, maybe even from Week 1. And Buffalo will finally have their stud QB.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 09:47 AM)McC Wrote: They didn't blow it.  They just changed their mind.

well they really haven't done hue much favors up there lol
Reply/Quote
You gotta think Mayfield's career is already on the trading block. It's against the laws of nature for Cleveland to have a decent QB.. It kind of makes me miss Mr J Football.. It was fun watching the midget getting beat up on by nearly every team especially the Bengals.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2018, 09:30 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I agree.  I was never a big fan of his, but I wish him well.  But I still agree about him being benched.

This baffles me, as does everyone else saying things like good riddance.  

Do all of you forget that he was a stupidest-fumble-in-the-history-of-football away from winning us our first playoff game in almost 30 years?

Don't get me wrong because I love Dalton and think that he's much better, but to ignore what AJ did in that one season alone is mind-blowing.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2018, 11:23 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: This baffles me, as does everyone else saying things like good riddance.  

Do all of you forget that he was a stupidest-fumble-in-the-history-of-football away from winning us our first playoff game in almost 30 years?

Don't get me wrong because I love Dalton and think that he's much better, but to ignore what AJ did in that one season alone is mind-blowing.

I just wasn't a fan of his.  And I agree with McC that Josh Allen is going to win the starting job.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 09:47 AM)McC Wrote: They didn't blow it.  They just changed their mind.

Exactly, the checks and balances saved Hue from another debacle of a trade with Bengals, unfortunately for us. 

McCarron was outplayed here as well except some refused to accept the fact. 

Do not hate the kid, yet never viewed him as the second coming either. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
There is no debating the hotness of his wife though.

He hit the lottery there.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2018, 11:23 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: This baffles me, as does everyone else saying things like good riddance.  

Well, he was slightly better than average with a team that Dalton was an MVP contender on and he pretty much sucked for 3 quarters before that one throw to AJ for a touchdown. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 12:20 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Well, he was slightly better than average with a team that Dalton was an MVP contender on and he pretty much sucked for 3 quarters before that one throw to AJ for a touchdown. 

Truth

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Will say this though, am not against AJM succeeding and hope he does.

Did the Bengals fine on field without whining and causing a scene about who should start like many fans and media were doing.

Expected him to leave via FA if he was not starting when time arrived. Not his fault team did not move him.

Feel he did everything right here and deserves his shot. Just never thought he was better than Dalton.

But AJM is a class act as well.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2018, 05:59 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Peterman is already familiar with all of the Bills's receivers. 

Peterman has more familiarity with the Chargers' secondary than he has with the Bills' receivers. 

(06-15-2018, 07:26 AM)Jason_NC Wrote: They did the trade, Cleveland blew it.  

Not trading a 2nd and 3rd for a QB who is currently battling with a backup who threw 5 INTs in a single half seems like the opposite of "blowing it" to me.

It's mind blowing that a Bengals QB played one quarter of semi-competent football in the playoffs.  This pretty much sums up being a Bengals fan to me.
Reply/Quote
Wish McCarron well but I'd say at best he's Allen's backup.
Reply/Quote

Have you forgotten mark sanchez' infamous butt fumble?
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2018, 06:54 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: Have you forgotten mark sanchez' infamous butt fumble?

The butt fumble was stupid but didn’t effect the game as much, much-less cost their franchise the first playoff win in over two decades.
Reply/Quote

while McCarron was the QB he did absolutely nothing for 3 qtrs. to help this team only reason we had shot was the Defense and burfict removing rothlisbuger from the field for a few series.

We say good riddance cause hopefully we don't have to hear about how Great his gonna be anymore... now that we have see hes not.
Reply/Quote