Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AJ McCarron is a future star
(08-27-2015, 07:15 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: So you'd rather him take a chance and get hurt and be out for the season like Jordy Nelson in a meaningless game?  Well, I guess that would lower the amount of money he'd be able to sign for....

No, Jordy got hurt on a non-contact play....
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 09:24 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Did you watch the game or just view stats?

I wanted us to draft McCarron, I like and still think AJ can be a good back up QB and possible starter someday in the NFL. But, he did not look good. He had no zip. He threw a lot of wounded ducks and everything deep was no velocity, wobbly and under thrown. He went 80 yards against the Bucs 4th string defense late in the game padding the stats.

I think your hatred towards AD has made you lose all objectivity. You are going to ignore Dalton's 40 wins in 4 years? Why?

I hope AJ progresses, but any objective fan watching that game would not be happy with either QB, but less happy with AD as he made AJ's arm look like a high school QB in that game if you compared the two.

I watched the game, DVR'd it, and watched AJ's 2nd half a few times.

I thought his throws were accurate, he did throw a wounded duck as his lone deep throw that could easily have been picked off, but I saw a guy come in with a lot of rust and he shook it off rather quickly.

I don't buy the whole "prevent defense" argument either, TB wasn't dropping CBs in a quarters or prevent D, they were staying in the Tampa 2.  The reason the TEs and RBs were open was because the CBs were playing soft at the line and playing back a few yards, that's why Kroft had a couple grabs and the RBs were open in the flats.  AJ took what the defense gave him, and his deep throw was a good idea because that's the soft spot of the Tampa 2, but he floated it instead of throwing it as hard as he could to fit it in the space between CB and S.

I think it'll be a lot like his practice performances so far, rusty at the start and then quickly adapting and getting comfortable.  The more playing time he gets, the better he'll get.

I saw a lot of reason for optimism.

And I saw a lot of reason for pessimism when it comes to Andy Dalton.  I don't hate the guy, but I don't like it when he lays an egg on the football field.
Reply/Quote
From Hobson:

Quote:“He’s definitely been a guy not afraid to hold people accountable,’ Jones said. “He plays with that edge. Guys know if they’re not on their stuff and not doing things the right way, he’s not going to be afraid to get after them."

Doesn't sound like he fits Marvin's scheme. :snark:
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 12:36 AM)BigSeph Wrote: I watched the game, DVR'd it, and watched AJ's 2nd half a few times.

I thought his throws were accurate, he did throw a wounded duck as his lone deep throw that could easily have been picked off, but I saw a guy come in with a lot of rust and he shook it off rather quickly.

I don't buy the whole "prevent defense" argument either, TB wasn't dropping CBs in a quarters or prevent D, they were staying in the Tampa 2.  The reason the TEs and RBs were open was because the CBs were playing soft at the line and playing back a few yards, that's why Kroft had a couple grabs and the RBs were open in the flats.  AJ took what the defense gave him, and his deep throw was a good idea because that's the soft spot of the Tampa 2, but he floated it instead of throwing it as hard as he could to fit it in the space between CB and S.

I think it'll be a lot like his practice performances so far, rusty at the start and then quickly adapting and getting comfortable.  The more playing time he gets, the better he'll get.

I saw a lot of reason for optimism.

And I saw a lot of reason for pessimism when it comes to Andy Dalton.  I don't hate the guy, but I don't like it when he lays an egg on the football field.

Don't forget that while AJ was playing with 2nd and 3rd stringers, he was also playing AGAINST 3rd and 4th stringers, regardless if they were playing prevent or not.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 08:21 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Don't forget that while AJ was playing with 2nd and 3rd stringers, he was also playing AGAINST 3rd and 4th stringers, regardless if they were playing prevent or not.

Those 2nd and 3rd stringers AJ was playing with looked like they wanted to play for him as well.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 08:42 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Those 2nd and 3rd stringers AJ was playing with looked like they wanted to play for him as well.

Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 08:42 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Those 2nd and 3rd stringers AJ was playing with looked like they wanted to play for him as well.

Nobody, and I mean nobody wants to play for a guy that uses THAT much ketchup. Gross.

[Image: aj-mccarron-sports-illustrated.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 08:59 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Nobody, and I mean nobody wants to play for a guy that uses THAT much ketchup. Gross.

I'd jump in if that was steak sauce.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 09:30 AM)Interceptor Wrote: I'd jump in if that was steak sauce.

You destroy the savory flavor of a solid cut of beef with STEAK SAUCE?!

No wonder you're a big McCarron fan.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 09:33 AM)djs7685 Wrote: You destroy the savory flavor of a solid cut of beef with STEAK SAUCE?!

No wonder you're a big McCarron fan.

He's a ketchup guy, I'm steak sauce guy. And that is ground beef (I think?), not a steak.

Steak needs NOTHING! Just needs to be cooked black & blue!
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote

man are u correct..we had the the opportunity to speak with AJ, Sanu, Jones etc..and those first stringers dont want to play for dalton..as a matter of fact whitworth and the rest of the offensive line did not want to play for andy dalton

whitworth told us that we he had andy living at house whe n he was first drafted..that andy ate all the good food and that they had not spoken since..UMMMMM Confused

i guarantee you that those 2nd and 3rd stringers ..if they actually do make the team would love to play for andy dalton

give us a break
Reply/Quote
Nice "edgy" article on McCarron.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-serve-youth-in-NFLs-backup-QB-derby-/32b6abf0-e89e-4b86-9b71-60c5af6d3740
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 11:37 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Nice "edgy" article on McCarron.  

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-serve-youth-in-NFLs-backup-QB-derby-/32b6abf0-e89e-4b86-9b71-60c5af6d3740

I like that...... ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 11:34 AM)xavierdude Wrote: man are u correct..we had the the opportunity to speak with AJ, Sanu, Jones etc..and those first stringers dont want to play for dalton..as a matter of fact whitworth and the rest of the offensive line did not want to play for andy dalton

whitworth told us that we he had andy living at house whe n he was first drafted..that andy ate all the good food and that they had not spoken since..UMMMMM Confused

i guarantee you that those 2nd and 3rd stringers ..if they actually do make the team would love to play for andy dalton

give us a break

Yes. You know everything. Ninja
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 12:10 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Yes. You know everything. Ninja

Now can I get a "ROLL DAMN TIDE!" 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 01:33 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Now can I get a "ROLL DAMN TIDE!" 

[Image: 516f39990e8fee246398b5d8e947a3b8.jpg]
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 11:37 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Nice "edgy" article on McCarron.  

Well, he atleast has some fire and his teammates all see it.

Dalton definately needs more of that. Dalton just needs to get consistant. The thing is, if he starts out hot he
seems to play that way the entire game. If he starts out with an early pick, he just falls to pieces as we saw
times last year and again last Monday.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 02:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well, he atleast has some fire and his teammates all see it.

Dalton definately needs more of that. Dalton just needs to get consistant. The thing is, if he starts out hot he
seems to play that way the entire game. If he starts out with an early pick, he just falls to pieces as we saw
times last year and again last Monday.

Yep, and all the other teams see this as well.

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 08:59 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Nobody, and I mean nobody wants to play for a guy that uses THAT much ketchup. Gross.

He needs all that ketchup since his passes have no mustard!

(08-28-2015, 02:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well, he atleast has some fire and his teammates all see it.

seems to play that way the entire game. If he starts out with an early pick, he just falls to pieces as we saw times last year and again last Monday.

Maybe it's a matter of semantics, but the pick 6 was almost 5 minutes into the second quarter.  That, to me, is not early.
Reply/Quote

I use more than that.
If it were me, those fries would be covered, too.
ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote