Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AJ McCarron is a future star
Video 
(08-30-2015, 02:15 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Against the Jets in 2013 right before the half. That's just off the top of my head.

If you're talking about the third one here, I wouldn't say that's the same. Yeah, Andy got it over the safety, but it was an easier throw.

Not meaning to hate on Andy, but he does have his limits.

AJMc has some, too. Not very fast, for example.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
AJ clearly has talent, but he's by no means off the charts in terms of physical traits. However, he does look like he might have the intangibles that really special guys have. Think Joe Montana ... highly unlikely he's going to be a Montana, but I think it's possible he could turn out to be pretty damn good.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 02:21 AM)Shady Wrote: If you're talking about the third one here, I wouldn't say that's the same. Yeah, Andy got it over the safety, but it was an easier throw.

Not meaning to hate on Andy, but he does have his limits.

AJMc has some, too. Not very fast, for example.

How was that an easier throw? He had to throw it in a very tight window. If it was anywhere else it wouldn't have been a TD.
Reply/Quote
I think it's always a harder throw when you have to hit a guy running top speed across the field with a LB in front and a safety behind.

The Jets TD was a nice throw, but I don't think it was as difficult.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 02:32 AM)Shady Wrote: I think it's always a harder throw when you have to hit a guy running top speed across the field with a LB in front and a safety behind.

The Jets TD was a nice throw, but I don't think it was as difficult.

Whatever you say Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 02:25 AM)Utts Wrote: AJ clearly has talent, but he's by no means off the charts in terms of physical traits. However, he does look like he might have the intangibles that really special guys have. Think Joe Montana ... highly unlikely he's going to be a Montana, but I think it's possible he could turn out to be pretty damn good.

He kind of reminds me of Ryan Fitzpatrick.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
Nothing more awesome than a bunch of dudes on the computer honestly assessing the difficulty of an NFL pass.

So much LOLZ

Boths QBs looked good tonight.
I am not quite as worried about the backup spot anymore.
Still need to see more AJ though but its a good start.

As for some people overreacting and wanting AJ to challenge Dalton this year or start?
I remember the same stuff in the 2008 preseason when Fitzwheels was playing really well and some posters suggested he could upgrade Palmer.
Then It happened.... LOL we saw how that ended.

But all in all my meter doesn't swing too far either way for exhibition games.

Just excited to see the Bengals focused this week and looking to get after a team after the Monday night paycheck collection.
Reply/Quote
He did look good. He could challenge Dalton next year since the Bengals can walk away from Dalton's contract after this season. What I liked most was really his passion and fire. The energy was different with him in there.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 07:38 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: He did look good.  He could challenge Dalton next year since the Bengals can walk away from Dalton's contract after this season.  What I liked most was really his passion and fire.  The energy was different with him in there.

Exactly Bonnie!! 

It is  a great feeling knowing we have AJ on the team from my perspective..  I love his Passion and how the team responded when he came in the game!!

WHO DEY!
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 07:55 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: Exactly Bonnie!! 

It is  a great feeling knowing we have AJ on the team from my perspective..  I love his Passion and how the team responded when he came in the game!!

WHO DEY!

If McCarron keeps progressing, we have a very solid QB room. I know it will never happen, but I would even advocate putting McCarron is a game when bad Andy shows up....like last yrs Browns game. When Andy is going to have a bad game, it tends to become apparent very early. But ML will cite games like TB last yr where he had a bad first half, but the Bengals came back to win as a reason not to make the switch. Although to be fair, nobody played well in the first browns game. The D was awful too, and when they did pull Dalton, Campbell couldn't get anything done either.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 02:25 AM)Utts Wrote: AJ clearly has talent, but he's by no means off the charts in terms of physical traits. However, he does look like he might have the intangibles that really special guys have. Think Joe Montana ... highly unlikely he's going to be a Montana, but I think it's possible he could turn out to be pretty damn good.

The "it" factor is different for different people. My "it" factor is a winner. AD has one of the highest win percentage of any QB in NFL history who has started as a rookie. AD has the "it" factor also.

As for AJ, he looked much better last night than last week where in my opinion he struggles against 2nd and 3rd stringers, and then did well against 4th stringers.

I hope AJ continues as we always need a capable backup for every position. He is an upgrade to Campbell in  my opinion already and I saw a lot of things out of him last night that gave me hope he can be a very good NFL QB. I just caution everyone to be cautious anointing him a star right now as he is a 2nd year QB, has played 2 games. One game he struggled, one game he looked great. My point is our fans get upset when AD is inconsistent. Our fans ignore the fact AD was a starter week one even with no OTA's and AJ is already in year #2 and has yet to play one snap in a real game.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 07:38 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: He did look good.  He could challenge Dalton next year since the Bengals can walk away from Dalton's contract after this season.  What I liked most was really his passion and fire.  The energy was different with him in there.

I saw no more energy from AJ than AD last night.

I saw AD with a ton of fire and 3 rushes to keep drives alive.

I didn't see more fire from AJ last night, I did not see more energy from the players either.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

This ^^^^ excellent Bonnie
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 12:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The "it" factor is different for different people. My "it" factor is a winner. AD has one of the highest win percentage of any QB in NFL history. AD has the "it" factor also.

As for AJ, he looked much better last night than last week where in my opinion he struggles against 2nd and 3rd stringers, and then did well against 4th stringers.

I hope AJ continues as we always need a capable backup for every position. He is an upgrade to Campbell in  my opinion already and I saw a lot of things out of him last night that gave me hope he can be a very good NFL QB. I just caution everyone to be cautious anointing him a star right now as he is a 2nd year QB, has played 2 games. One game he struggled, one game he looked great. My point is our fans get upset when AD is inconsistent. Our fans ignore the fact AD was a starter week one even with no OTA's and AJ is already in year #2 and has yet to play one snap in a real game.

Except AD chokes come playoffs and has a terrible win percentage in said playoffs. He doesn't have "it" when it matters the most. Maybe it will change this year, but I doubt it, if they even make the playoffs again.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 12:20 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Except AD chokes come playoffs and has a terrible win percentage in said playoffs. He doesn't have "it" when it matters the most. Maybe it will change this year, but I doubt it, if they even make the playoffs again.

Agreed. If he had the "It" factor he wouldn't be arguably the worst QB in NFL playoff history.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 12:20 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Except AD chokes come playoffs and has a terrible win percentage in said playoffs. He doesn't have "it" when it matters the most. Maybe it will change this year, but I doubt it, if they even make the playoffs again.

Just like all of the 45 players dressed.

The last guy to show "it" in the playoffs was Ced Benson vs. the Jets...
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 12:48 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Just like all of the 45 players dressed.

The last guy to show "it" in the playoffs was Ced Benson vs. the Jets...

MLJ vs. SD.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

I am glad all of you hoping AD continues his playoff woes already know AJ will be a playoff stud. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 12:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am glad all of you hoping AD continues his playoff woes already know AJ will be a playoff stud. Ninja

Did someone say "I hope AD continues his playoff woes?"

Did someone say "I know AJ will be a playoff stud?"
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 12:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am glad all of you hoping AD continues his playoff woes already know AJ will be a playoff stud. Ninja

Who the hell ever said that?  Why on earth would anybody ever hope that?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote