Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AJ McCarron is a future star
(08-30-2015, 01:02 PM)McC Wrote: Who the hell ever said that?  Why on earth would anybody ever hope that?

Come on fellas, each time you trash our QB in reality you are hoping he fails so they look elsewhere whether you want to admit it or not.

I understand and respect why you feel the way you do, but there is not another logical explanation since AD is our starting QB right now, yet you and others continue to bash him at every turn.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 01:05 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Come on fellas, each time you trash our QB in reality you are hoping he fails so they look elsewhere whether you want to admit it or not.

I understand and respect why you feel the way you do, but there is not another logical explanation since AD is our starting QB right now, yet you and others continue to bash him at every turn.

You're looking into people's minds?

I do not bash him at every turn or anything close to that.  If he plays well, I say it.  If not, I say that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
McCarron looked better last night. But the Bears defense is terrible and everyone looked good. Except one guy. But that's a different story.

McCarron is oblivious to pressure. Which is good and bad.
You have panicky - Dalton
You have oblivious - McCarron
You have aware - Rodgers/Brady/Manning/Brees etc.

It's good because he sits in the pocket. It's bad because he got his shit rocked for it a few times. Those will lead to turnovers in real games.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 01:22 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: McCarron looked better last night. But the Bears defense is terrible and everyone looked good. Except one guy. But that's a different story.

It's good because he sits in the pocket. It's bad because he got his shit rocked for it a few times. Those will lead to turnovers in real games.

He moved well in the pocket.   made several plays after breaking the pocket.  I don't know how you call this oblivious because he had complete colapses in the line from the 2nd/3rd string guys.  I'm not saying this guy is the next coming of Brady, but he looks better than any of these first round quarterbacks that came out last year.  Arm was strong and accurate and none of the nerves you associate with young quarterbacks.  He didn't get shaken when he took sacks and played with passion.  No stupid awe shuck looks on his face after missing a pass.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 01:54 PM)Okeana Wrote: He moved well in the pocket.   made several plays after breaking the pocket.  I don't know how you call this oblivious because he had complete colapses in the line from the 2nd/3rd string guys.  I'm not saying this guy is the next coming of Brady, but he looks better than any of these first round quarterbacks that came out last year.  Arm was strong and accurate and none of the nerves you associate with young quarterbacks.  He didn't get shaken when he took sacks and played with passion.  No stupid awe shuck looks on his face after missing a pass.

woah woah woah.... hold on. Marioto has looked good and Winston hasn't looked like a complete bum either. Bridgewater is busy killing it in Minnesota. Derek Carr has looked good as well. There are plenty of young QBs holding their own. McCarron looks good, but it was in limited playing time. Garrapolo is the second coming of Brady in limited play time. If Dalton ever gets unseated, then we will know, until then, just speculation.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 01:56 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: woah woah woah.... hold on. Marioto has looked good and Winston hasn't looked like a complete bum either. Bridgewater is busy killing it in Minnesota. Derek Carr has looked good as well. There are plenty of young QBs holding their own. McCarron looks good, but it was in limited playing time. Garrapolo is the second coming of Brady in limited play time. If Dalton ever gets unseated, then we will know, until then, just speculation.

I said last years class ..... you know like the one where he was drafted.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 01:54 PM)Okeana Wrote: He moved well in the pocket.   made several plays after breaking the pocket.  I don't know how you call this oblivious because he had complete colapses in the line from the 2nd/3rd string guys.  I'm not saying this guy is the next coming of Brady, but he looks better than any of these first round quarterbacks that came out last year.  Arm was strong and accurate and none of the nerves you associate with young quarterbacks.  He didn't get shaken when he took sacks and played with passion.  No stupid awe shuck looks on his face after missing a pass.

lol McCarron is not ahead of Teddy right now, not even close.

He displayed poise, not presence in the pocket. Having one is good but you need both to consistently win in there. He walked into some pressures because he didn't feel them. He's still working on it.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 01:58 PM)Stormborn Wrote: lol McCarron is not ahead of Teddy right now, not even close.

He displayed poise, not presence in the pocket. Having one is good but you need both to consistently win in there. He walked into some pressures because he didn't feel them. He's still working on it.

I really don't understand the point you're trying to make.  you guys make a post comparing him to future hall of fame quarterbacks after 2 preseason games and now ur comparing him again a guy who played a season.  This guy looks great after 2 preseason games end of story.  Im not saying replace dalton and im not saying he's brady, but he doesn't have any signs of a bust.  The human condition of talking down on topic a to make topic b look better is so tiresome.  

Reply/Quote

(08-30-2015, 02:05 PM)Okeana Wrote: I really don't understand the point you're trying to make.  you guys make a post comparing him to future hall of fame quarterbacks after 2 preseason games and now ur comparing him again a guy who played a season.  This guy looks great after 2 preseason games end of story.  Im not saying replace dalton and im not saying he's brady, but he doesn't have any signs of a bust.  The human condition of talking down on topic a to make topic b look better is so tiresome.  

You did that, I just pointed out the BS.

He did fine last night, made throws he didn't make the week before. I'm simply keeping the reality in check.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 01:05 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Come on fellas, each time you trash our QB in reality you are hoping he fails so they look elsewhere whether you want to admit it or not.

I dont want AD or any of them fail. I want the Bengals to win it all. Heck I was on the AD wagon longer than most that aren't anymore. But after watching him for four years now, I just haven't seen enough from him to suggest he is good enough to win the Super Bowl, coaching (Marvin) aside. As I have said, hope that changes this year, but it's getting harder and harder to think it will. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 01:56 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: woah woah woah.... hold on. Marioto has looked good and Winston hasn't looked like a complete bum either. Bridgewater is busy killing it in Minnesota. Derek Carr has looked good as well. There are plenty of young QBs holding their own. McCarron looks good, but it was in limited playing time. Garrapolo is the second coming of Brady in limited play time. If Dalton ever gets unseated, then we will know, until then, just speculation.

You are right.The way I see it, We have a backup QB for once thats not just a league journeyman. I look at the good and the bad in preseason and try to keep it real. People that lost their minds about the TB game need to calm down as well as the people who think McCarron should start. The nice thing about AJ is that we dont know what his limits are yet, good or bad but the potential to be good or even a franchise QB is there so far. If there is one thing I like about McCarron over Dalton is his calmness to keep looking down field when under pressure. He also has a little fire in him. So right now we have a good thing going. Bring on the season, im soooo freakin ready. Who-Dey
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 12:20 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Except AD chokes come playoffs and has a terrible win percentage in said playoffs.

The team has choked in the playoffs. The team has a bad win percentage in the playoffs. AD doesn't win games by himself...or lose them. McCarron won't either.

Anybody see the throw AD made down the seam to Burkhead last night? The announcers were praising it....over the LB and in front of the safety who were both bracketing Burkhead. It was the exact same throw he attempted to Eifert in the TB game that was the second INT. A little off one way or the other and the result is an INT. My point is, everyone was ripping him on Tues, but praising the same throw on Sun. That's life in the NFL....the QB takes the most heat for the ups and downs. Its better to support your team (and realize they wont win 16 games, nor be perfect), than it is to constantly be negative.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 02:48 PM)Beaker Wrote: The team has choked in the playoffs. The team has a bad win percentage in the playoffs. AD doesn't win games by himself...or lose them. McCarron won't either.

Anybody see the throw AD made down the seam to Burkhead last night? The announcers were praising it....over the LB and in front of the safety who were both bracketing Burkhead. It was the exact same throw he attempted to Eifert in the TB game that was the second INT. A little off one way or the other and the result is an INT. My point is, everyone was ripping him on Tues, but praising the same throw on Sun. That's life in the NFL....the QB takes the most heat for the ups and downs. Its better to support your team (and realize they wont win 16 games, nor be perfect), than it is to constantly be negative.

Im not constantly negative so blah blah blah

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 02:51 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Im not constantly negative so blah blah blah

If that's all you got from that reply then ok. The constantly negatives know who they are. Do you disagree with the rest of the reply also?
Reply/Quote

Because he never saw or felt them coming. 
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 02:55 PM)Beaker Wrote: If that's all you got from that reply then ok. The constantly negatives know who they are. Do you disagree with the rest of the reply also?

No as I know they have all choked in the playoffs, coaching included. My comments here are directed soley at the QB.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 01:22 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: McCarron looked better last night. But the Bears defense is terrible and everyone looked good. Except one guy. But that's a different story.

And last game McCarron looked OK because it was against the Tampa 3rd stringers.

Or because they were playing a prevent D.

This week he looked OK because the Bears D is bad.

Why do I have a feeling that if AJ started week 1 against the Raiders and lit them up, it would be because the Raiders D is "terrible?"

Keep downplaying his performances all you want.  Most fans might be excited or satisfied with them, considering McCarron's age and experience.

Essentially your post reads as "He only looked ok because the Bears D is awful, and if we play him he's going to turn the ball over because he has poor pocket awareness."
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 03:11 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Because he never saw or felt them coming. 

God forbid a NFL QB focus on his receivers more than what's going on beside and behind him.

You do realize that some trust is required, that your OL will block for you, right?

Have you ever played football?
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 04:16 PM)BigSeph Wrote: God forbid a NFL QB focus on his receivers more than what's going on beside and behind him.

You do realize that some trust is required, that your OL will block for you, right?

Have you ever played football?

No what's football? 
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 04:12 PM)BigSeph Wrote: And last game McCarron looked OK because it was against the Tampa 3rd stringers.

Or because they were playing a prevent D.

This week he looked OK because the Bears D is bad.

Why do I have a feeling that if AJ started week 1 against the Raiders and lit them up, it would be because the Raiders D is "terrible?"

Keep downplaying his performances all you want.  Most fans might be excited or satisfied with them, considering McCarron's age and experience.

Essentially your post reads as "He only looked ok because the Bears D is awful, and if we play him he's going to turn the ball over because he has poor pocket awareness."

1. Because it's true.
2. Also true.
3. Yet again true, the Bears are not good. 
4. Well, the Raiders are terrible on defense. So bad example. Try again. 
5. Not down playing. Just discussing. 

It didn't read like that, maybe just to an idiotic turd like yourself who only deep down just wants to scream ROLL DAMN TIDE
Reply/Quote