Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ On The Trade Block Too...
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/report-serious-talk-aj-green-trade

They want to get rid of all the vets..
Reply/Quote
Talk is talk. Everyone tries to make a news story. I believe stuff when teams make a statement.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 09:42 PM)Destro Wrote: Talk is talk. Everyone tries to make a news story. I believe stuff when teams make a statement.

Where there's smoke theres fire... I totally believe it. Theres too much going on with all the vets, AJ, Geno, Dunlap. I think they know the team is years away from becoming a serious contender and are cleaning house. 

Right or wrong decision I think the front office are seriously feeling out the value of these guys..
Reply/Quote
I've never seen a fire sale from a Bengals organization but it would make me so happy
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 09:40 PM)GodFather Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/report-serious-talk-aj-green-trade

I hope they do.. It's working in Miami.. They have been worst than us the last 20 years too.. 
Reply/Quote
If we could get a 3rd or 4th I’d do it and not think twice.

Sanu brought back a 2nd, so I don’t think it’s that unrealistic.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Just pisses me off they didn’t do anything when GB offered a 1st for Green.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 09:53 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Just pisses me off they didn’t do anything when GB offered a 1st for Green.

Do you have any proof of this?

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 09:44 PM)GodFather Wrote: Where there's smoke theres fire... I totally believe it. Theres too much going on with all the vets, AJ, Geno, Dunlap. I think they know the team is years away from becoming a serious contender and are cleaning house. 

Right or wrong decision I think the front office are seriously feeling out the value of these guys..

He very well could be traded, but using your analogy, sometimes the media makes the smoke. Gets clicks, reads and reposts. No one really cares if it is correct or not. 
Reply/Quote
Third or fourth rounder would be great. Don’t know if that’s realistic or not. Of course he will have to have two really good weeks at which point people won’t want to trade him. We get a third rounder and AJ gets a shot with someone. Everyone wins.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 09:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Do you have any proof of this?

Somewhere. Somehow. In Packer radio it was mentioned last year.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 09:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If we could get a 3rd or 4th I’d do it and not think twice.

Sanu brought back a 2nd, so I don’t think it’s that unrealistic.

I'd do a 4th and not even blink. I'd strongly consider a 5th.
Reply/Quote
The note of "serious talk" is buried deep in Barnwell's article. Believe me, if he had any real insider info about "serious talk" it would've been the headline of its own article, not an oh by the way thing. This could just be a casual reference to last year's trade rumors that led to nothing.

I'm not saying it positively won't happen. Maybe the team learned from Miami did last year, and after naively and stubbornly thinking we had the talent to compete right away they're trying to follow their model. I'm just saying this article isn't "smoke."
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 09:44 PM)GodFather Wrote: Theres too much going on with all the vets, AJ, Geno, Dunlap. I think they know the team is years away from becoming a serious contender and are cleaning house. 

They are 9-28-1 over the last 2+ Seasons

And 22-46-2 in the last 4+ Seasons

the problem is, they are much too late, just like with the reds and frazier, bruce, Leake, chapman, BP, cueto, etc

You dont suck for 4 years, then draft the top college QB in a decade, then spend a bunch of your cap on worthless 31+ vets, then try and trade them mid season once they show they suck

lol, WAKE UP BUNGLES YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG (AND HAVE BEEN FOR THIRTY FU.CKING YEARS). What a bunch of morons
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 09:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Do you have any proof of this?

You don't believe it pissed him off? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Would have been cool if the Bengals thought to put some of these old guys on the trade market last offseason when some of us fans were clamoring for it. They might have been able to upgrade the OL with some of that $.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 10:38 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Would have been cool if the Bengals thought to put some of these old guys on the trade market last offseason when some of us fans were clamoring for it. They might have been able to upgrade the OL with some of that $.

That takes leadership, analysis, a plan, execution and foresight.

Our lowly laughingstock bungles have zero of these qualities.
Reply/Quote
Would like to see some moves. They really need to get younger and add picks.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 09:40 PM)GodFather Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/report-serious-talk-aj-green-trade

AJ had unrealistic expectations coming into the season, or rather fans did.  He was past 30, hadn't
played much in 2 seasons and would be matched up against the best DB's in the beginning of the season.  Receivers fade fast in the NFL because of matchups, they are playing against 24-28 year old guys at the peak of their skills.  AJ's bad season didn't surprise me at all, in fact I expected him to look bad.  If the Bengals had cut him, the fans would have howled in outrage.  Now fans howl in outrage all season long.  

Defense is terrible this season.  Offensive is about average in the league.  This is the reverse from what I expected.  
Trades for our aging vets are DOA.  The Bengals are stuck with them for the rest of the season.  For me this season is simply one of preserving the mental and physical health of one QB, Joe Burrow.  Who coaches next year isn't a concern, whoever does will relish the opportunity to coach Burrow.
Reply/Quote
What several of you are missing is that they all want to get away from this albatross. AJ, Los, and Geno still have plenty in the tank. They just want TF out of this organization. Remember Whit? Yeah, they're all still friends. I have no doubt that he's explained the difference between this abomination and other organizations. Organizations that actually understand how to win.

There is not an executive or coach in Cincy that understands how to win. I give Simmons a pass, but this fish is rotten from head to tail.

Best of luck to the ones lucky enough to escape this perpetual black hole.
Reply/Quote