Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AJ costs Andy his job
(10-30-2019, 07:45 PM)BengalChris Wrote: When was the last time the Bengals medical staff gave out an accurate return estimate for an injured player?

Those guys probably still do bloodletting using leeches. I bet they’re all giddy over that newfangled Pasteur technique of sterilizing things.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 07:45 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Can we stop with the excuses? You.could argue that many others cost him his job. I have been a huge Dalton supporter till around last year. I went round with people who wanted McCarron in over him. But enough is enough. He is the only QB in history to be 8-0 and 0-8. What that tells me, is he is not good enough elevate his team and put a team on his back. He's not going to be back next year, unless as a mentor, so might as well see the new guy(s). The person who has to shoulder most of the blame is the player who was benched. He threw three interceptions in 5 plays two weeks ago. He laughably fumbled whiffed a throw in the end zone. He's thrown 22 yards in one half one game this year. 

Alex Erickson having close to 100 yards against the Rams and having over 100 yards against the Jags tells me that he is actually elevating his team and putting them on his back.

Alex Erickson... you must think this guy is so good that he would have even better stats if he had a different QB throwing to him.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 11:49 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Alex Erickson having close to 100 yards against the Rams and having over 100 yards against the Jags tells me that he is actually elevating his team and putting them on his back.

Alex Erickson... you must think this guy is so good that he would have even better stats if he had a different QB throwing to him.

Yes Alex Erickson is proof Andy Dalton is amazing

He threw the ball 50+ times Sunday. I’d hope someone has reviving yards. Lol
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 11:57 PM)mt415tress Wrote: Yes Alex Erickson is proof Andy Dalton is amazing

He threw the ball 50+ times Sunday. I’d hope someone has reviving yards. Lol

Glad you see the light. 

Yep, Erickson having tons of yards is proof of Dalton's ability.  You stating that Dalton threw it 50+ times doesn't mean someone actually catches the passes.  It just means Dalton is throwing it a bunch of times not that someone is actually getting the stats.  His 32 completions is what got Erickson the yards.
Reply/Quote
There's absolutely no way Dalton getting benched can be blamed on AJ. Our medical team always messes this stuff up. A guy gets a knee sprain and then 2 weeks later has his arm amputated (exaggeration for affect only). So I think most expected AJ to be out longer. Also, even if AJ slow played coming back, I don't blame him. It's a contract year. He could potentially cost himself millions if he rushed back and injured himself further. Don't forget, this isn't just a business for the owners.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 12:10 AM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Glad you see the light. 

Yep, Erickson having tons of yards is proof of Dalton's ability.  You stating that Dalton threw it 50+ times doesn't mean someone actually catches the passes.  It just means Dalton is throwing it a bunch of times not that someone is actually getting the stats.  His 32 completions is what got Erickson the yards.

Deshon Kizer threw 1700 yards to Kenny Britt, Corey Coleman, Ricardo Lewis, Seth Devalve and Rashad Higgins in 2017. 

He must be a hell of a qb
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 09:18 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: This take is so hot it melted my 1998 Blackberry

Jokes on you. The Blackberry didn't come out until 1999. HA!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 11:49 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Alex Erickson having close to 100 yards against the Rams and having over 100 yards against the Jags tells me that he is actually elevating his team and putting them on his back.

Brady would make him super bowl mvp.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Maybe AJ refused to play unless Andy got benched or traded.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 12:30 AM)mt415tress Wrote: Deshon Kizer threw 1700 yards to Kenny Britt, Corey Coleman, Ricardo Lewis, Seth Devalve and Rashad Higgins in 2017. 

He must be a hell of a qb

Do you think Kizer would have better stats with a better WR, like Green?

1700 yards out of 2,894 for the whole season, well minus 1 game.

Dalton has 2252 on the season without Green.  If Dalton were to play the whole season and without Green he would easily eclipse 3,000 and possibly get 4,000.  Hell if you just double his current numbers (which isn't accurate) he would have 4,504 yards.  If you want to take out 1 game, then he still has over 4,000 yards.

Go ahead and mention Kizer though, it almost makes you look smart.  If you think the 2017 Browns' biggest issue in 17 was the QB then by all means keep mentioning him.  The defense, WR core (as you are stating), poor coaching, no stability and many other factors should have been addressed long before Kizer was looked at.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 01:27 AM)ah5 Wrote: Brady would make him super bowl mvp.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Bill would have.... except that Brady would automatically win MVP just for getting out of bed that morning. 

I have already mentioned Chris Hogan... who is pretty much Alex Erickson.  Dalton was doing for Alex as Brady did for Chris.  Chris wasn't wanted until the Bills brought him in.  Then he leaves the Bills and goes to NE and wins 2 SBs with them.

A HC that knows how to scheme to get his guys open.  WRs that are sure handed and an OLine that protects the QB.  All recipes for success. 

We have a sure handed WR in Erickson, but not a HC that can scheme to get him open and an OLine to protect the QB.  That is only 1 out of 3.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 01:30 AM)Shady Wrote: Maybe AJ refused to play unless Andy got benched or traded.

Tiger That is definitely in the realm of possibilities... 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 01:56 AM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Dalton has 2252 on the season without Green.  

Most of those yards were in the end of the game when the opposing defense is in a prevent defense mode. Andy also had a game where he only had 22 yds in the first half, threw three interceptions in five play stretch, fumbled away the ball when the team was moving in for a score that could have put them up, not even taking into effect the number of batted balls, inability to move in the pocket. It was time.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 08:09 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Most of those yards were in the end of the game when the opposing defense is in a prevent defense mode. Andy also had a game where he only had 22 yds in the first half, threw three interceptions in five play stretch, fumbled away the ball when the team was moving in for a score that could have put them up, not even taking into effect the number of batted balls, inability to move in the pocket. It was time.
Andy had a lot of garbage yards and scores this year when the game was out of reach or the other team was up 2 or more touchdowns.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 07:44 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: AJ did not cost Andy his job.

Signing Dre Kirkpatrick over Jones/Sanu and Whitworth/Zeitler lost Andy his job.
Drafting busts to replace those guys lost Andy his job.
Non-existent free agency strategy cost Andy his job.

This.....and some is on his own poor play this year.

As to the OP.....not likely. I read an interview where Green stated he put a halt to the contract talks himself when he got hurt. They were in negotiations then. The only real demand he has is that he doesn't want tagged 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 08:22 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Andy had a lot of garbage yards and scores this year when the game was out of reach or the other team was up 2 or more touchdowns.

Most of our losses were by a score or less tho..... realistically, the only garbage yards were whatever he got late against Shitsburgh, and the long pass to Ross against SF. Every other game, we have been legitimately in them until late in the action, even in London.  He had a bad year, no need to try and make it look worse, imo.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I remember 3 games where Andy either got us the lead or tied the game only for the defense to piss it away. I'm in agreement that we should see what Finley has but this 0-8 start is not Andy's fault. It's the fault of the worst oline in football, playcalling, and the worst defense in the league. Plus playing with possession receivers. That 22 yard half, the receivers dropped what 5 or 6 catchable balls?
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 01:56 AM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Do you think Kizer would have better stats with a better WR, like Green?

1700 yards out of 2,894 for the whole season, well minus 1 game.

Dalton has 2252 on the season without Green.  If Dalton were to play the whole season and without Green he would easily eclipse 3,000 and possibly get 4,000.  Hell if you just double his current numbers (which isn't accurate) he would have 4,504 yards.  If you want to take out 1 game, then he still has over 4,000 yards.

Go ahead and mention Kizer though, it almost makes you look smart.  If you think the 2017 Browns' biggest issue in 17 was the QB then by all means keep mentioning him.  The defense, WR core (as you are stating), poor coaching, no stability and many other factors should have been addressed long before Kizer was looked at.

In 2017-2018 Blake bortles threw over 100 yards to keelan cole 4 times! Including 3 TDS.

The way he elevated keelan cole. It’s unfathomable why he was benched. If your eyes bortles must be Montana. Lol
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 02:01 AM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Bill would have.... except that Brady would automatically win MVP just for getting out of bed that morning. 

I have already mentioned Chris Hogan... who is pretty much Alex Erickson.  Dalton was doing for Alex as Brady did for Chris.  Chris wasn't wanted until the Bills brought him in.  Then he leaves the Bills and goes to NE and wins 2 SBs with them.

A HC that knows how to scheme to get his guys open.  WRs that are sure handed and an OLine that protects the QB.  All recipes for success. 

We have a sure handed WR in Erickson, but not a HC that can scheme to get him open and an OLine to protect the QB.  That is only 1 out of 3.

Brady only won mvp In 66% of his Super Bowl wins.

You’re so stupid, it hurts to read your posts
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 09:06 AM)mt415tress Wrote: In 2017-2018 Blake bortles threw over 100 yards to keelan cole 4 times! Including 3 TDS.

The way he elevated keelan cole.  It’s unfathomable why he was benched.  If your eyes bortles must be Montana.  Lol

You do realize you are proving my point?

You should actually ask my opinion on Bortles before trying to use him as an example.

Bortles is a good QB.  He does what he is supposed to do.  He shouldn't be benched.

Is he Montana?  No. But then again not many QBs are. 

Some QBs like Bortles, Dalton, Foles, Cousins, Alex Smith aren't given the respect they should be getting, because they don't play like Wilson or Mahomes or Watson.

Thanks for making my point for me though.
Reply/Quote