Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ-don't shoot the messenger

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
[Image: a0a6d899502d6313d9383d025eeeb6efcf48062b...7b6b01.jpg]

I really want AJ to be back and healthy, but the odds of a 32-year-old WR missing the last year and a half with injuries and coming back without issue were very slim.

Hopefully it doesn't linger, but this is the second WR hamstring issue now. Is the strength and conditioning dept failing this team?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 12:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: a0a6d899502d6313d9383d025eeeb6efcf48062b...7b6b01.jpg]

I really want AJ to be back and healthy, but the odds of a 32-year-old WR missing the last year and a half with injuries and coming back without issue were very slim.

Hopefully it doesn't linger, but this is the second WR hamstring issue now. Is the strength and conditioning dept failing this team?

well if the players had been working out with the team's strength and conditioning team at any time during the off season, you could possibly blame them.  But they didn't so it is rather difficult at this point to put the blame on them

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 01:01 PM)pally Wrote: well if the players had been working out with the team's strength and conditioning team at any time during the off season, you could possibly blame them.  But they didn't so it is rather difficult at this point to put the blame on them

But aren't they also responsible for stretching and getting players loose? If not, who is and can we blame them then?

Reply/Quote
Lol at blaming strength and conditioning coaches for a couple of guys with unknown extent of possible injuries. Some of you guys need to relax. At least let them make an official injury report and update before you start freaking out.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 01:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: But aren't they also responsible for stretching and getting players loose? If not, who is and can we blame them then?

I heard Larry Fitzgerald is nursing a hamstring, also. Maybe we can blame the Bengals’ strength and conditioning department?

Strains happen when you play sports.
Reply/Quote
He and Tee Higgins really are clones!

Just a hammy... for now. Burrows weapon list diminishing quickly. Auden Tate looking more viable each day.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 01:15 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I heard Larry Fitzgerald is nursing a hamstring, also. Maybe we can blame the Bengals’ strength and conditioning department?  

Strains happen when you play sports.

Larry Fitzgerald is 37 years old and hasn't missed a game in 5 years and only missed 6 games in 16 years.

AJ Green has missed 23 games in the last 2 years (29 in the last 4).
Tyler Boyd has missed 8 games in the last 3 years.
John Ross has missed 24 games in the last 3 years.

Not really apples to apples there.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 01:17 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: He and Tee Higgins really are clones!

Just a hammy... for now. Burrows weapon list diminishing quickly. Auden Tate looking more viable each day.

Yeah, whomever chose Tate as their "forgotten guy" is looking pretty strong with their prediction right now.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 01:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: But aren't they also responsible for stretching and getting players loose? If not, who is and can we blame them then?

Uh, the players themselves???
Reply/Quote
No worries. Burrow will make stars out of our 3rd, 4th, and 5th string wideouts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 12:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hopefully it doesn't linger, but this is the second WR hamstring issue now. Is the strength and conditioning dept failing this team?

(08-17-2020, 01:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Larry Fitzgerald is 37 years old and hasn't missed a game in 5 years and only missed 6 games in 16 years.

So, Mr. Apples-to-apples,  Since it apparently took TWO hamstring issues to raise your concern about our strength coaches who was the other one?
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 01:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Larry Fitzgerald is 37 years old and hasn't missed a game in 5 years and only missed 6 games in 16 years.

I’m comparing one hamstring injury to another hamstring injury.
Reply/Quote
Sore hammy? soak it in cider. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 01:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So, Mr. Apples-to-apples,  Since it apparently took TWO hamstring issues to raise your concern about our strength coaches who was the other one?

Higgins

So right now Burrow is practicing with a WR group of Boyd/M Thomas/Erickson/Tate. That's not ideal.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 01:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Higgins

So right now Burrow is practicing with a WR group of Boyd/M Thomas/Erickson/Tate. That's not ideal.

Do we know if Higgins is not practicing? All I have seen is Boyd's comment but nothing else. 
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 01:46 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Do we know if Higgins is not practicing? All I have seen is Boyd's comment but nothing else. 

He's not practicing yet.

Reply/Quote
Do these guys even do Deadlifts to help strengthen their hamstrings? It should be a staple in their lifting regimen. Especially in the offseason.
Reply/Quote
Hamstrings are the most common injury in most sports.

It doesn't sound like AJ's was serious so he and Higgins will likely be practicing this week.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote