Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ green is the 5th highest paid WR in the nfl
And he isn’t even a top 100 option at the position.

They had the choice to spend 18m to either protect their 1st overall qb, or sign an aged oft injured, fragile Former star WR

And they chose to spend the money on him.

I feel like that decision alone is the dumbest move this franchise has made in a long time. And that’s saying something
Reply/Quote
Hiring Taylor was dumber.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Hindsight 20/20. If he comes back and plays like old AJ, we aren't having this conversation. No one could have predicted he would have gone from top 10 WR to 5th or 6th best on our team, and if you say you did, you're lying.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 06:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hiring Taylor was dumber.

Can’t really argue there.

We have plenty of options
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 06:52 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Hindsight 20/20. If he comes back and plays like old AJ, we aren't having this conversation.  No one could have predicted he would have gone from top 10 WR to 5th or 6th best on our team, and if you say you did, you're lying.

I mean... A lot of people did question it though. Like, a lot of people. Mainly because of his inability to stay on the field. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 06:52 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Hindsight 20/20. If he comes back and plays like old AJ, we aren't having this conversation. No one could have predicted he would have gone from top 10 WR to 5th or 6th best on our team, and if you say you did, you're lying.

He was injured for 2 years.

I was Adamant they don’t franchise him.

He was also going to be 32 years old.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 06:55 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I mean... A lot of people did question it though. Like, a lot of people. Mainly because of his inability to stay on the field. 

No one predicted he would be this bad though. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 06:55 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: He was injured for 2 years.

I was Adamant they don’t franchise him.

He was also going to be 32 years old.

His health has not been a problem this year and there are a lot of 32 yo WRs that aren't the 5th best WR on their team. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 06:56 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: His health has not been a problem this year and there are a lot of 32 yo WRs that aren't the 5th best WR on their team. 

What does that have to do w anything?

It’s a waste of 18m that should have been used to protect their franchise qb

Are you legitimately arguing in favor of bringing aj back?
Reply/Quote
AJ wanted to test the market and see if he could get a long-term deal with a desperate team and instead we tied him down with a big ol' one-year payday. Dum dumbs, abound.

I have to side with AJ on this one by default because he pretty much said "Please don't franchise tag me" and Mike Brown, never one to let a player call the shots, said NOPE!
Reply/Quote
Getting separation/route running was never his strength per say. He's always been an athletic freak with amazing hands/contested catch ability. His inability to separate is really highlighted this year as his athleticism has declined. The scheme doesn't taylor to him either. I'm wondering if he takes a cheap deal to come back next year, or takes 5 mil per from a contender. A lot depends on what they do with the HC position I bet.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 06:51 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: And he isn’t even a top 100 option at the position.

They had the choice to spend 18m to either protect their 1st overall qb, or sign an aged oft injured, fragile Former star WR

And they chose to spend the money on him.

I feel like that decision alone is the dumbest move this franchise has made in a long time. And that’s saying something

Drafting Ross. Hiring Taylor. Mike Brown not being aborted.

I can think of many worse decisions. At least AJ has a track record of success.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 07:07 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Drafting Ross. Hiring Taylor. Mike Brown not being aborted.

I can think of many worse decisions. At least AJ has a track record of success.

No Mike Brown means what...Pete Brown runs the team?
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 07:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: No Mike Brown means what...Pete Brown runs the team?

Never know. Pete Brown could have brought in a GM.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 07:02 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: What does that  have to do w anything?

It’s a waste of 18m that should have been used to protect their franchise qb

Are you legitimately arguing in favor of bringing aj back?

Heck no, I'm saying calling it the dumbest move in a long time is a stretch. If he is even 3/4ths of what he was, he's our best WR. Can't fault them for hoping he'd bring that spark he did for 8 straight years.

You also have to understand that part of the reason our QBs hold onto the ball so long is because our WRs have the worst separation ability in the NFL. A top AJ changes that. Liked is said, hindsight 20/20 
Reply/Quote
He's actually the 2nd highest according to this:

https://overthecap.com/position/wide-receiver/2020/

The only receiver with a higher cap number this year is Julio Jones.
Reply/Quote
Did he have a catch today? I had work and just didnt care to watch. Last time I felt like this, Gus Frerotte was throwing left handed ducks..
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 07:29 PM)Tony Wrote: Did he have a catch today? I had work and just didnt care to watch. Last time I felt like this, Gus Frerotte was throwing left handed ducks..

Nope. You missed a wild one though...

Reply/Quote
I'm not going to beat them up for paying him. They got a chance to see what he had without a long term commitment. That was obviously an expensive route to go, but probably the safest. While a decline in his play could have been expected, I don't think anyone envisioned him being as ineffective as he has been in 2020. There are times that he doesn't look like he belongs on the field anymore.

AJ said he'd play if he was tagged, but he wouldn't be happy about it. I'm paraphrasing, but that statement echoes every time I watch him make a low-effort play, fail to high-point a ball, or run some obviously incorrect route. He never should have said that, because now it really feels like a Bengal great who was once beyond reproach is sandbagging because he missed out on a fat contract on the open market.

if he takes a bargain deal to play for a contender and has a bounce-back next season, it will be a bad look for him as a person among this fanbase.
Reply/Quote
The AJ Green tenure is over. He is just collecting 18 million paycheck now. He is done! Sad to say and I loved you man, but saying goodbye is so hard. You were my favorite. Either you don’t care or your physical skills are no longer there. Regardless, you need to go. At one time you were the greatest. Now you are an annoyance. Good bye and I love you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote