Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ on His Contract
(11-07-2019, 10:15 PM)J24 Wrote: Yes it because none of them have been career threatening. It's not like he tore his Achilles or anything. 
Also while we're at it let's address another  blatant lie you told.the dude isn't in decline he is averaging 86 yards a game during over the past three years( if you discount the Buffalo game in 16 and 18 Broncos game where he got hurt after 1 target)

He's absolutely in decline. He's had 1 1000 yard receiving season in the past 4 years.

694 yards last year. 0 this year. That's a decline. It's due to injuries...but it's a decline.

Sad because I really like AJ.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 11:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He's absolutely in decline. He's had 1 1000 yard receiving season in the past 4 years.

Because of injuries, not declining skill.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 11:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Because of injuries, not declining skill.

Indeed. But a guy that gets you 1200 yards a year is more valuable than 700.

In general though, injuries will erode skill. Plus, he'll be 32. Odds of him playing 16 games next year have got to be low.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 11:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Indeed. But a guy that gets you 1200 yards a year is more valuable than 700.

In general though, injuries will erode skill. Plus, he'll be 32. Odds of him playing 16 games next year have got to be low.

You just never know. Many thought Eifert would never play a full season again, and he’s halfway there.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 11:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You just never know. Many thought Eifert would never play a full season again, and he’s halfway there.

Who?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 11:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who?

The guy wearing Chad’s number that we never throw to.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 11:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You just never know. Many thought Eifert would never play a full season again, and he’s halfway there.

And the Bengals have been rewarded with 192 receiving yards in 8 games.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 08:02 PM)J24 Wrote: Or the Bengals can cut other players sign a LB, a OT, and still have enough room to sign AJ, Billings, and Hopkins. So yes I would say my plan is a lot better than yours.

Regardless of who they sign, it’s about what else you can get in return for that money that he will make. The team has tons of weak areas that the money could be better put to use at. If there was a free agent on another team in the same situation, you wouldn’t be for bringing in a huge question mark for a ton of money. Your love for AJ is probably blinding your judgement.
Reply/Quote
Eifert has played in 22 of his past 56 games.

Wasted money. Would have been better spending it elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 08:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Right on! He's clearly in decline sadly. Has been for 4 years.

Yes. People think that those that are against bringing him back don’t like AJ. He’s probably one of the best guys on the team but that doesn’t win games.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 05:41 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) Know one was going to give AJ a first  probably a third or fourth RD pick in witch they can get back in either off season. 1.) Via trade or franchise Tag 2.) The goal is to sign him long term.

A 3rd or a 4th? Where the **** do you come up with some of the stuff you say? I'm not saying you are...i'm just saying...you say a lot of shit that only a troll would say, to get a reaction. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 11:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: And the Bengals have been rewarded with 192 receiving yards in 8 games.

That’s not on him. Taylor apparently doesn’t realize TE’s can catch passes.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 11:48 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Yes. People think that those that are against bringing him back don’t like AJ. He’s probably one of the best guys on the team but that doesn’t win games.

Neither does “fixing the line” by spending money on guys like Hart and Glenn.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 07:11 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Hey, someone with a brain! There’s actually people on here saying to give him whatever he wants, just get him signed. I just don’t get it!

With so many past examples, i'm sure the situation will end up with Mike Brown having shit all over his face again. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 04:26 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: “ "I don't really care about (the contract negotiations)," was Green's exact quote. "If (the Bengals are) worried about me not playing or not being healthy, then there's 32 teams out there. I'm not really worried about that situation."

This sounds like it is going downhill fast. Green was supposed to finally make his 2019 debut this week but has since removed himself from consideration. The Bengals should have traded their longtime No. 1 wideout ahead of last month's deadline, but that is something only a smart franchise would do.

From rotoworld.com.

I’m so close to telling this franchise to eat my ass..

That's the quote but the question he was asked is if the ankle would effect his contract negotiations.

Hes said what was quoted above and paraphrasing that everyone knows what he can do when he's healthy and on the field.

People are reading way to far into a quote taken out of context. You can listen to the actual interview on the front page.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 11:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You just never know. Many thought Eifert would never play a full season again, and he’s halfway there.

You have a point with Eifert, I didn’t think he’d play again. It’s not about that with AJ. I just think that AJ’s output won’t give value to the amount the Mike will probably pay him. I also think that the huge chunk of money would be better spent at other positions. AJ was younger in 2017 and he played every game. The team had better players and won 7 games. I saw a guy that would make a circus catch in one play and would let the next go through his hands for an interception. He will be 3 years older next year, coming off of multiple injuries and playing on a worse team. I’d rather shake it up and turn the page and not be happy with the 5-7 wins next year because they signed AJ.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 11:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Neither does “fixing the line” by spending money on guys like Hart and Glenn.

I totally agree. 17 million should land you an established stud lineman, I would hope! The Hart thing was mind boggling and everyone on here seemed to agree beforehand.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 11:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Eifert has played in 22 of his past 56 games.

Wasted money. Would have been better spending it elsewhere.

We should have traded Eifert for anything and forced Drew Sample to get out on the field and either get better or prove that he's worthless.

Side note, I know wikipedia isn't the end all judge of anyone but Drew Sample's is bizarrely devoid of any info on the guy. Are we sure he actually played football in college?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drew_Sample
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 11:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: With so many past examples, i'm sure the situation will end up with Mike Brown having shit all over his face again. 

That seems to be the requirement.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 12:21 AM)Nately120 Wrote: We should have traded Eifert for anything and forced Drew Sample to get out on the field and either get better or prove that he's worthless.

But then he can’t be an unaddressed question mark for the next few years. Let that rookie contract run out, extend and then they can try to find out if he’s any good. Those extra years will help justify this back pick. It’s bad regardless of how he ever plays because he would’ve been there for the Bengals in the 4th round.
Reply/Quote