Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ or Boyd
Both of them are heading into free agency in 2020 and both will be looking for big money; So which one should we keep or should we keep both and sink 30 million into the position?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 04:33 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Both of them are heading into free agency in 2020 and both will be looking for big money; So which one should we keep or should we keep both and sink 30 million into the position?
The one that wins us some playoff games.
Reply/Quote
Knowing this organization, neither. Mike will use his Gruden card and say we need to rebuild via the draft.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 04:33 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Both of them are heading into free agency in 2020 and both will be looking for big money; So which one should we keep or should we keep both and sink 30 million into the position?

Has to be the proven (year in and year out) player. Green.
Reply/Quote
AJ Green.
he changes how defenses play the Bengals
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 06:02 PM)impactplaya Wrote: AJ Green.
he changes how defenses play the Bengals

Exactly.

I'm still trying to figure out if this was even a serious question..............

AJ can take the top off of defenses, as well as run any route in the book, so defenses have to game plan around him and dedicate at least two defenders to stopping him every play.

Boyd, while good, is nothing that can't be replaced.  
Reply/Quote
AJ is getting older but as we've seen the last couple of weeks, Boyd isn't ready for that next step. Very solid #2, but that's it. AJ was still playing at a high level before the injury. Think he has 2-3 good years left. Can we make the most of those 2-3 years? Probably not.

That said, I think the Bengals will lock up both next summer. Ross is slowly coming along, but if he has another year where's he knicked up every other game or the OC refuses to use him in more than 1 way, you can't afford to let Boyd walk away or else you might as well let AJ walk too and start rebuilding that position.
Reply/Quote
Idk.. have to wait to find out. And i wouldnt absolutely say no to aj green leaving.
Reply/Quote
If AJ had any aspirations of winning a SB he should just leave the team in FA. Much like Jones, this team may not be able to sign him even if they match dollars.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 06:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Exactly.

I'm still trying to figure out if this was even a serious question..............

AJ can take the top off of defenses, as well as run any route in the book, so defenses have to game plan around him and dedicate at least two defenders to stopping him every play.

Maybe because he is 31 and has less years left overall. Boyd probably has 8-10 years left vs Green who has 2-4 years left. 
J24

Reply/Quote
Mikey's Big Plan: Let AJ go, pick up a 3rd round comp pick and use the pick to draft a project LB who will be cut 3 years later.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Tyler Boyd is making squat right now so he will likely be receptive to a short extention after this season as long as it includes a decent signing bonus.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

mmm...having been treated to the likes of core,malone,ross,eriksson, kumerow, alford,tate,etc that seems to me to be a pretty blase statement.

see no reason why we cannot keep both unless we strike incredibly lucky in the draft with a top draw, pro ready WR in the mid rounds
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 07:11 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Mikey's Big Plan: Let AJ go, pick up a 3rd round comp pick and use the pick to draft a project LB who will be cut 3 years later.

Landry got a 5 year 75 million dollar deal that's what I think Boyd will get or similar. He won't be that cheap.
J24

Reply/Quote
Green is going to be 32 heading into that season. I’m not so sure a big contract is in his future. The contract won’t be small, he’s a great receiver but he is going to start his decline before then.
Reply/Quote
Jakeypoo Wrote:Landry got a 5 year 75 million dollar deal that's what I think Boyd will get or similar. He won't be that cheap.

Jarvis Landry plays outside he plays the slot... he has 2 career years with over 100 catches and this is the only season he has less than 80.

Tyler Boyd hasnt even came close to that kinda production and when he is producing it's only from the slot. He will be a lot cheaper than people think. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

Yeah, I don't really understand the question. Boyd is not a #1 WR, as witnessed by his play without AJ Green in the lineup. Boyd requires someone else to pull coverage away from him.

Green, on the other hand, will be a future HoFer if he stays relatively healthy the next couple of years, and he opens up everything else.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 07:04 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: If AJ had any aspirations of winning a SB he should just leave the team in FA. Much like Jones, this team may not be able to sign him even if they match dollars.

That's what the franchise and transition tags are for. 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 09:37 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: That's what the franchise and transition tags are for. 

And friends...  don't forget friends.

[Image: 200.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 08:26 PM)Synric Wrote: Jarvis Landry plays outside he plays the slot... he has 2 career years with over 100 catches and this is the only season he has less than 80.

Tyler Boyd hasnt even came close to that kinda production and when he is producing it's only from the slot. He will be a lot cheaper than people think. 

When the hell did Landry play outside dude is clearly just a slot. Anyways dude is on Pace for 1,200 yards he is going to get paid.
J24

Reply/Quote