Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ or Boyd
(11-24-2018, 02:47 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Receivers are not hard to find,you even get later roubd guys becoming big names like tyreek hill and brown. I would look at first is aj showing signs of any decline next year, 2 can you get anything for him. 3 what if ge wants to play for a contender and we arent it? 

I disagree. Replacing a WR the caliber of AJ would be very difficult.

For every Antonio Brown, there is a Kevin White, DeVante Parker, Breshad Perriman, Nelson Agholor, Phillip Dorsett, Corey Coleman, Will Fuller, Josh Doctson, Laquon Treadwell, Corey Davis, Mike Williams, etc.

So, no. Makes zero sense to let AJ walk in favor of Boyd. That was the question posed by OP. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Actually had a discussion like this before. Great WRs come out like hay in a hay stack. You can find them anywhere with the talent at the position. But you don't drop a WR like AJ especially with what he is to the city and team. That is absolutely silly. Boyd is fine but you can find more of him, and you can't invest too much money in WR. But if I had to pay 16 mil a year for AJ, or 12 mil a year for Boyd for 3 years, I'm taking AJ every time
Reply/Quote
I think keeping AJ or not depends more on John Ross than Tyler Boyd. If John Ross can find his arse with both hands by 2020 he's going to be our #1 WR.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote