Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AJ ready to get with Burrow
(05-08-2020, 10:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't care what some people here claim, AJ is a football player and football players hate it when they can not play.

This is a true statement and applies to all who engage in competitive sport.  Even the second- and third-string players want to start someday and they put the work in to get there.  Also, let's put some more analysis into this thread:  The quarterback-receiver chemistry cannot be understated.  I remember Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson getting together in the offseason on a regular basis.  Carson and Chad also made it a point to get in the car and take a short ride up I-74 to Indianapolis to watch Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison work on routes, etc.  What Andy Dalton and AJ Green had was a near miraculous chemistry which put up the twelfth most touchdowns for a quarterback-receiver duo in NFL history.

Now we move into the Joe Burrow and AJ Green era and let's talk about it.  With AJ Green's athleticism and ridiculously huge catch radius, almost any quarterback will be able to develop chemistry with AJ.  Even AJ McCarron had immediate chemistry with AJ Green in the latter part of the 2015 season.  AJ is going to make Joe's transition to the NFL a lot easier.  Even so, I'm not sure how easy the overall transition will be and this depends on the offensive playbook.

If Zac Taylor and Brian Callahan are smart they'll build the entire Bengals' offense around what Joe Burrow can do, not try to morph him into an unfamiliar scheme or, even worse, simply hand him the 2019 playbook.  That was the genius of the Bengals' founder, Paul Brown, who could adjust the offensive scheme to his players' strengths as we saw with Virgil Carter. If Zac has foresight he'll be watching hours upon hours of LSU film along with Joe Burrow,and AJ Green while taking copious notes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mike is loyal to guys which is why he was willing to pay Andy 17 million. He will give AJ a more than fair deal question is whether AJ takes it.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2020, 01:37 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I'm not sure how easy it will be for some of those guys to travel during quarantine times... particularly Tate and Higgins. Hopefully AJ has a private jet that can pick them all up lol

It's pretty easy, they buy a row in 1st class and sit in the middle of two empty seats. Wear a mask. Wash their hands. They will be fine.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2020, 01:37 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I'm not sure how easy it will be for some of those guys to travel during quarantine times... particularly Tate and Higgins. Hopefully AJ has a private jet that can pick them all up lol

More and more states each week are allowing you to travel outside of their state to most places... So that will probably be very minimal issue come sometime in June...
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2020, 10:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Ready?  Hell, I bet he is frothing at the mouth.

He missed a whole season and when he finally does get healthy and able he is not allowed to get together with his teammates.

I don't care what some people here claim, AJ is a football player and football players hate it when they can not play.

Plus he's all out of hoodies to wear on the sidelines. 

Chad spoiled us with his durability, 

As to the OP: I hope JB doesn't say "Let's get together at Welcome Stadium".
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2020, 02:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's pretty easy, they buy a row in 1st class and sit in the middle of two empty seats. Wear a mask. Wash their hands. They will be fine.

The average airliner right now is carrying 17 passengers.  About a week ago, a friend of mine flew from Georgia to Vermont on a 747 that had eight passengers.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
A QB throwing to receivers is social distancing by its very nature. Not many two yard passes being thrown outside of pee wee football.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

I think Mike Brown has a private Hot Air Balloon. Maybe they can use that. 

Reply/Quote
I heard they are not inviting Ryan Finely to the throwing session due to his inability to throw the ball 6 feet.

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2020, 02:30 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Mike is loyal to guys which is why he was willing to pay Andy 17 million. He will give AJ a more than fair deal question is whether AJ takes it.

Bengals did not pay Andy 17 million.. he was released .. not sure what you are saying
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2020, 04:55 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Bengals did not pay Andy 17 million.. he was released .. not sure what you are saying

Because Andy asked not because MB said he wasn't going to pay him. IMO it was the wrong move and showed he is too loyal. 

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2020, 04:55 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Bengals did not pay Andy 17 million.. he was released .. not sure what you are saying

Dalton asked to be released. He could have made more had he stayed here.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2020, 08:45 AM)pally Wrote: Despite earlier saying he wouldn't participate in OTAs if franchised, AJ at least appears ready to get together with Joe when he can.  Maybe this is a small sign that he and the team are coming closer to a deal.  Or just a sign he is ready for some football

On letting Joe take the lead

Saying all the rights things as usual. Man, I hope we can get a multiple year extension and AJ stays healthy with Burrow.

If AJ is still in his prime and doesn't regress much he might be able to break records with his talent to go with Burrow's accuracy.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2020, 03:59 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

Love Boyd lol
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2020, 02:30 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: More and more states each week are allowing you to travel outside of their state to most places... So that will probably be very minimal issue come sometime in June...

Yeah, Kentucky's travel ban just got spanked in court.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2020, 11:36 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

They percentage of NFL players who had enough talent to make it there without busting their asses is miniscule.  And you have to love to play to bust your ass that hard.  

I have played with 3 different guys who made it to the NFL. They were all among the hardest working guys on the team.  The Albert Haynesworths of the world are extremely rare

Its funny you bring up Haynesworth because I was thinking of him in regards to a post you made earlier in this thread.  Talk about a guy that had talent but zero desire.  What a waste

"The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"

- A Bronx Tale
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2020, 11:38 AM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Its funny you bring up Haynesworth because I was thinking of him in regards to a post you made earlier in this thread.  Talk about a guy that had talent but zero desire.  What a waste

"The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"

- A Bronx Tale

Good movie.

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2020, 04:10 PM)McC Wrote: A QB throwing to receivers is social distancing by its very nature. Not many two yard passes being thrown outside of pee wee football.

No in fact its not. Quarterback licks his fingers or spits on his hands to get some better grip and then passes to the receiver. Repeat this over and over in a throwing session. If at some point the receiver rubs his nose or mouth for whatever reason there ya have it he is potentially infected.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2020, 04:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Chad spoiled us with his durability, 

Imagine Ross taking that hit from Rey Lewis.

You know which one I mean.  I think it was from '09.
Reply/Quote