Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AJ ready to get with Burrow
(05-09-2020, 11:38 AM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Its funny you bring up Haynesworth because I was thinking of him in regards to a post you made earlier in this thread.  Talk about a guy that had talent but zero desire.  What a waste

"The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"

- A Bronx Tale

I followed Haynesworth since his colleeg days at Tennessee.  One of the most physically gifted DTs I have seen.  He played 9 years in the NFL.  In the two seasons he was playing for a contract he had a total of 14.5 sacks.  In the other seven he had 16.  Not even Bill Beleichick could get anything out of him.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2020, 12:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Imagine Ross taking that hit from Rey Lewis.

You know which one I mean.  I think it was from '09.

And if it’s the one I’m thinking of Chad bounced right back up...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2020, 12:31 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: No in fact its not. Quarterback licks his fingers or spits on his hands to get some better grip and then passes to the receiver. Repeat this over and over in a throwing session. If at some point the receiver rubs his nose or mouth for whatever reason there ya have it he is potentially infected.

Okay, doctor.  Whatever.  I'm so ***** tired of covid 19 self proclaimed experts.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2020, 05:27 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Dalton asked to be released. He could have made more had he stayed here.

Because he asked to be released, does not mean we had to release him.. you assume they would have kept him.. if that is true than they would not have released him.. In the end they did let him walk so your post is mute.. We DID NOT pay him 17 million
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2020, 12:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Imagine Ross taking that hit from Rey Lewis.

You know which one I mean.  I think it was from '09.

(05-09-2020, 03:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And if it’s the one I’m thinking of Chad bounced right back up...

I saw 85 get taken off the field in an ambulance and played the next week. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2020, 06:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Because he asked to be released, does not mean we had to release him.. you assume they would have kept him.. if that is true than they would not have released him.. In the end they did let him walk so your post is mute.. We DID NOT pay him 17 million

His post can't talk? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
AJ is hungry.I’m sure,and from what he has said here,that he is more than ready to get with it.He knows what Burrow is capable of.Can’t wait to see Burrow and AJ light it up.AJ,Boyd,Higgins,Tate,it’s going to be fun to watch.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2020, 12:31 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: No in fact its not. Quarterback licks his fingers or spits on his hands to get some better grip and then passes to the receiver. Repeat this over and over in a throwing session. If at some point the receiver rubs his nose or mouth for whatever reason there ya have it he is potentially infected.

New tests give results in about 10 minutes. I'm pretty sure the NFL can secure enough tests to test the players before each practice and game. If they test positive, they don't play. If they don't, then they play or practice. It's not rocket science.
Reply/Quote
HELL YA!
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2020, 11:20 AM)fredtoast Wrote: They have spent about a third of there lives as working partners.  We tend to think of all NFL players as full grown men, but Andy was just 23 and Green 22 when they started out with the Bengals.  They did a lot of growing up and learning together.  

Lots of other receivers have come and gone, but it has always been Andy an A.J for the last 9 years.

I'm so thankful that its over..
1 td and 6ints in playoff competition is a complete and 100% QB choke job...
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2020, 11:27 AM)Sled21 Wrote: New tests give results in about 10 minutes. I'm pretty sure the NFL can secure enough tests to test the players before each practice and game. If they test positive, they don't play. If they don't, then they play or practice. It's not rocket science.

If they test positive are they out for 3 weeks? Fantasy football gonna be rough this year lol
Reply/Quote
I’m still hoping that he’s traded before the season open as I believe it’s the best organizational move right now. Get rid of the 32 year old, add a draft pick and swoop in on a top Oline guy. I know I’m in the minority but it’s my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2020, 09:56 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I’m still hoping that he’s traded before the season open as I believe it’s the best organizational move right now. Get rid of the 32 year old, add a draft pick and swoop in on a top Oline guy. I know I’m in the minority but it’s my opinion.

Great way to start off their relationship with our new franchise QB. Trade the guy he specifically said he wants on the team...

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2020, 09:56 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I’m still hoping that he’s traded before the season open as I believe it’s the best organizational move right now. Get rid of the 32 year old, add a draft pick and swoop in on a top Oline guy. I know I’m in the minority but it’s my opinion.

I would agree to one thing you mentioned.. yes by organizations and fans you are in the minority.. but don;t worry those that wanted to trade back in the draft were in the minority too... all good
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2020, 10:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Great way to start off their relationship with our new franchise QB. Trade the guy he specifically said he wants on the team...

So, just give the GM decisions to the unproven, rookie QB? I’d make him earn that kinda pull. You could get a second round pic and a proven and healthy top o lineman to protect that Rookie QB and both guys could contribute to the immediate and long term future or roll with an aging, high injury risk, question mark. It’s a hard decision on a popular guy but that’s what winners do. Brady was a bit bigger fish than AJ and the Pats made the tough but right call.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2020, 10:48 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: So, just give the GM decisions to the unproven, rookie QB? I’d make him earn that kinda pull. You could get a second round pic and a proven and healthy top o lineman to protect that Rookie QB and both guys could contribute to the immediate and long term future or roll with an aging, high injury risk, question mark. It’s a hard decision on a popular guy but that’s what winners do. Brady was a bit bigger fish than AJ and the Pats made the tough but right call.

The team wanted AJ back anyway, so no, it was not letting the rookie QB make GM decisions. But when you’re a franchise that people spent months trying to convince said QB to pull an Eli on, I think tagging your #1 WR is a good move if that makes him happy. And it doesn’t stop them from bringing in someone on the OL. If they wanted Peters, Warford, or whoever they could afford them with Dalton’s money off the books now. Also you’re dreaming if you think AJ is bringing back a 2nd. This is the same kind of talk that Dalton would absolutely bring back a 3rd or 4th...

Just look at the return Nuk Hopkins got. I realize BOB is a moron, but still.

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2020, 10:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The team wanted AJ back anyway, so no, it was not letting the rookie QB make GM decisions. But when you’re a franchise that people spent months trying to convince said QB to pull an Eli on, I think tagging your #1 WR is a good move if that makes him happy. And it doesn’t stop them from bringing in someone on the OL. If they wanted Peters, Warford, or whoever they could afford them with Dalton’s money off the books now. Also you’re dreaming if you think AJ is bringing back a 2nd. This is the same kind of talk that Dalton would absolutely bring back a 3rd or 4th...

Just look at the return Nuk Hopkins got. I realize BOB is a moron, but still.

I get what you’re saying and you’re right about the Eli thing. Burrow hasn’t actually signed yet too. I love me some AJ but I really see it playing out as AJ playing half of the year, the Bengals getting nothing for him and nothing else added to the line. The team already gets an A for its free agency, I’m just being a bit greedy while this weird Bengals offseason still last. I get your points and I’m not saying that you’re wrong.. A healthy AJ would be awesome for 2-3 more years. I don’t think it plays out that way but I hope that it does.
Reply/Quote
Sounds good! I guess people easily forget just how talented a healthy AJ really is. Also factor into the equation that he will most certainly get less touches, meaning less wear and tear. His touches will probably be of the more meaningful variety.

Boyd, Mixon, and Higgy Baby, are going to get their's. Thus, easing AJ's workload. And, that's not even accounting for the other offensive cats.
I think AJ will have a very good season. He will teach Joe where he likes the ball, and Joe will get it to him.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2020, 10:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Great way to start off their relationship with our new franchise QB. Trade the guy he specifically said he wants on the team...

Actually the worst thing you can do to a rookie QB is let him think he is going to be making the GM decisions.

If the Bengals wanted to re-sign Green I can see why they would make that decision, but they better not be letting a rookie QB call the shots.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2020, 12:53 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Sounds good! I guess people easily forget just how talented a healthy AJ really is. 

None of us have a clue how talented a healthy AJ is because even healthy WRs start to decline at his age.

Hard for me to believe that injuries bad enough to keep a player out for 18 months won't have any effect on his play when he returns.
Reply/Quote