Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ reportedly
https://www.totalprosports.com/2020/02/22/a-j-green-reportedly-wants-out-of-cincinnati/

Not totally upset if he leaves. He has been my favorite player to watch but he cant stay healthy and frankly if he diesnt want to be here then see ya!

Edit: sorry for the half assed thread, I have a 4 month old future bengals fan to look after and got in a rush
Reply/Quote
Some NFC executive "Thinks" AJ wants out of Cincinnati. Really? AJ himself has stated he wants to stay here. So many people stating their opinion this time of year, so much drama.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2020, 04:51 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Some NFC executive "Thinks" AJ wants out of Cincinnati. Really? AJ himself has stated he wants to stay here. So many people stating their opinion this time of year, so much drama.

Could be someone wanting AJ to become available, or possible reading into things that haven't actually been said.  AJ made a statement a short while back where he said something about "football being a business" and "being fully aware of what he brings to a team".  I also remember him saying something about "the franchise tag not being the way to go".  

So while AJ hasn't publicly stated that he want's out of Cincinnati, there is still enough mystery in some of the things that he has said, that someone might construe it as him wanting out.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2020, 05:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Could be someone wanting AJ to become available, or possible reading into things that haven't actually been said.  AJ made a statement a short while back where he said something about "football being a business" and "being fully aware of what he brings to a team".  I also remember him saying something about "the franchise tag not being the way to go".  

So while AJ hasn't publicly stated that he want's out of Cincinnati, there is still enough mystery in some of the things that he has said, that someone might construe it as him wanting out.

I don't think he would mind it either way but there is no chance he goes without compensation.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
If he doesn't want to be here then he should go.

Reply/Quote
Baltimore? I don’t see any way they a) let him go for nothing and b) trade him to a division opponent.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2020, 04:51 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Some NFC executive "Thinks" AJ wants out of Cincinnati. Really? AJ himself has stated he wants to stay here. So many people stating their opinion this time of year, so much drama.

My first thought exactly. Now, all you need to be able to write an article and title it “XXX reportedly wants out” is for anyone at all to think they want out? This is unbearable
Reply/Quote
Such a dumb and lazy piece of "journalism" if you want to call it that. He reportedly wants out because some guy thinks he wants out that nobody can name. On top of that, nobody has a quote or reason given for believing this to be the case. Just some dude saying he thinks so.

I think Patrick Mahomes wants to be traded to the Bengals. You can just tell. I mean, just look at him. I heard an "executive" might think so too. Also, he's be a good fit in Carolina, so watch for that. Translation: Patrick Mahomes reportedly wants to be traded to the Bengals.

Utter and absolute trash.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2020, 05:31 PM)samhain Wrote: Such a dumb and lazy piece of "journalism" if you want to call it that.  He reportedly wants out because some guy thinks he wants out that nobody can name.  On top of that, nobody has a quote or reason given for believing this to be the case.  Just some dude saying he thinks so.  

I think Patrick Mahomes wants to be traded to the Bengals.  You can just tell.  I mean, just look at him.  I heard an "executive" might think so too.  Also, he's be a good fit in Carolina, so watch for that.  Translation: Patrick Mahomes reportedly wants to be traded to the Bengals.  

Utter and absolute trash.

Sounds like alot heresay .....Loved AJ when he was healthy and productive..but problem is I cant recall how long ago that was ?? 
That said, I really want them to seek a good trade to start with a fresh ,young and durable WR stable (Diana Ross being the exception)
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2020, 04:33 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: https://www.totalprosports.com/2020/02/22/a-j-green-reportedly-wants-out-of-cincinnati/

Did you really just post this piece of crap?
Reply/Quote
Reminds me of article or quote someone posted 6 or 7 years ago about the Bengals being desperate to trade Carlos Dunlap to unload his contract. People who say this shit have no clue how this team operates.

Does a serious football journalist or Cincinnati beat writer know more than you're rank and file hardcore Bengal fan about how business is done here? Likely. Does the average national internet NFL blogger/podcaster/social media "like" *****? Unlikely. People just make this stuff up.
Reply/Quote
If he doesn't want to stay then tag em and/or trade em. Personally I hope he stays 3 more years
Reply/Quote
Pure speculation to put it mildly.

Having said that I could see him wanting out. He knows he's on the back side of his career.
Reply/Quote
I don't blame him if he does want out. If the ownership would show some effort in free agency and draft Burrow maybe he will change his mind.
Reply/Quote
So an NFC exec supposedly told the guy who covers the Steelers for ESPN.

Man, between this and the Burrow crap, the Steelers sure seem like they are desperate.
Reply/Quote
Again.. I cant say this enough.. STOP LISTENING TO SPORTS TALKING HEADS... all they do is create drama to justify them having a job.
Reply/Quote
According to the media nobody wants to be here...

Reply/Quote
They better tag him....try to work out a deal or try to trade him. They probably will just let him walk though.
Reply/Quote
I dont believe it.. just like how everybody's saying Burrow dont wanna be here either.. Aj and Burrow are going to light it up. Burrow trusts his receivers and gives them a chance to make a play. Andy Dalton never did that. Aj needs to stay.
Reply/Quote
If AJ wants out, that's understandable, and none of us should hold a grudge against him for it.
The Patriots and Saints are perrinial contenders, and I for one, wouldn't blame him.

Ts, I follow him pretty close, as I have since Georgia. I think part of him wants to play for a contender, but he has fond feelings for Cincinnati. He just doesn't like the current circus!!
I hope he stays. I think he's a true blue kind of guy and player. If we get some quality pieces in here, and show a willingness to compete,he will be all in.
Those that think he's done are terribly misguided! This guy has a ton left in the tank for a team that shows they want to win as much as he does.
Burrow will need a player like AJ!!!! Burrow can be successful here,but he can really use a vet like AJ to help him. In the same breath AJ could really benefit from a cerebral QB like JB.

Let's face it, Andy has talent,but his football IQ has always been questionable. Compared to a guy like Finley, his football IQ is Einstein level. Compared against a player like TB, he is simply Vince Youngish.
Reply/Quote