Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
AJ starting to play like AJ
Good game today... a great game compared to the rest of this season. Finally getting his legs under him.
Reply/Quote
He saved us on that 4th down.
Reply/Quote
The downers will jump all over this and bring up the deep ball that he and Burrow couldn’t complete. AJ looked good today against a good corner. Good to see him back. That catch on the sideline was vintage AJ.
Reply/Quote
It's never a good game when we lose.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I was really impressed with his first or second catch, where instead of going down he was pushing with his legs for more yardage. Hamstring seems fine.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Good game today... a great game compared to the rest of this season. Finally getting his legs under him.

Most of his production today came from slant routes.

We'll see if that's the norm or not, but it might have to become the go-to for AJ from now on.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Most of his production today came from slant routes.

We'll see if that's the norm or not, but it might have to become the go-to for AJ from now on.

And if that's the case and he can secure contested passes, fine. Let Higgins go deep.
Reply/Quote
Yep was definitely positive to see him getting involved often. Higgins looking damn good for a rookie too.
Reply/Quote
He was not garbage.
Reply/Quote
He made some nice grabs today, but he’s still getting 0 separation.

Same with Higgins on the deep ball that should have been a TD. Lack of speed is killing us.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:38 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The downers will jump all over this and bring up the deep ball that he and Burrow couldn’t complete.

The ball literally hit him in the hands, just like a couple of others that were dropped today by other receivers..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I wish he played defense, too! It's tough to win any game when you give up 31 points... although a 21-point lead can change things
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The ball literally hit him in the hands, just like a couple of others that were dropped today by other receivers..

At least 6-7 drops today. Just brutal.

Reply/Quote
Looked like he was trusting his legs and not afraid of getting hurt if he laid out for a catch.

And to all the drops today, c’mon man! Catching is like the bare minimum qualification for a WR. Hits you in the hands or chest, it’s on you.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:02 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Looked like he was trusting his legs and not afraid of getting hurt if he laid out for a catch.

And to all the drops today, c’mon man! Catching is like the bare minimum qualification for a WR. Hits you in the hands or chest, it’s on you.

I can’t remember the last time I saw that many drops in one game.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:38 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The downers will jump all over this and bring up the deep ball that he and Burrow couldn’t complete. AJ looked good today against a good corner. Good to see him back. That catch on the sideline was vintage AJ.

AJ Green has always been notorious for not being the kind of WR to come back and high-point the ball. While he's been so great in so many ways, that's one thing that's always been a negative of his.

With that said, it was nice to see him be a big contributor the offense again.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Good game today... a great game compared to the rest of this season. Finally getting his legs under him.

It was good to see. He looked like the "real" AJ today, minus a deep ball TD. But a good sign none the less. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He made some nice grabs today, but he’s still getting 0 separation.

Same with Higgins on the deep ball that should have been a TD. Lack of speed is killing us.

Someone should tell him it's hard to run at top speed when you keep looking back over your shoulder. 

Hell, my wife even pointed that out. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Someone should tell him it's hard to run at top speed when you keep looking back over your shoulder. 

Hell, my wife even pointed that out. 

Haha Strahan gave him shit for it.

Reply/Quote
Someday we will understand what it is with Bengal receivers and dropped passes - we've had this stupid problem going all the way back to 2010 at least.
Reply/Quote