Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
AJM
Should the Bengals make a change of quarterback and go with AJ McCarron the rest of the season?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dalton was 21-27 with 2 TD's and 0 Int's.

Could he have made a couple plays here and there? Yes...but I don't think it was a QB issue.

Our running game is terrible.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 02:29 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Should the Bengals make a change of quarterback and go with AJ McCarron the rest of the season?

If the ship doesn't right soon, yes.  I will give Lazor until the week after the bye to try and correct some of Dalton's regressions.  If not, then yes.  On the other hand.......

(09-25-2017, 02:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Dalton was 21-27 with 2 TD's and 0 Int's.

Could he have made a couple plays here and there? Yes...but I don't think it was a QB issue.

Our running game is terrible.

.....you have this.  Almost over night, Dalton went from horrible to at least serviceable in one game under Lazor.  What a conundrum we have.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Dalton only had a handful of good throws, the best being the AJ touchdown. The others any qb could have made.

At this point I could care less, but if AJM was in there I wouldnt complain one bit.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I don't mean to jump the gun as a fan and I'm not blaming it all on Dalton but if you look at Dalton's history like playoffs and games where everything is on the line he chokes it's that simple he does not hit open players.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
The only partial allure of playing McCarron is if the coaches thing he has the potential to be great.

I don't see it though. He has a very limited arm.
Reply/Quote
As long as we draft Rosen or Darnold who cares.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 02:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The only partial allure of playing McCarron is if the coaches thing he has the potential to be great.

I don't see it though. He has a very limited arm.

The main issue I have with AJ is the way he holds on to the ball longer.....that won't bode well behind Piano Man's squad I fear.  I'm game for anything at this point....but his arm and his tendency to hold onto the ball give me pause.

Reply/Quote
I think he makes better decisions under pressure and then Dalton though but he does have a slower release
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 02:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: The main issue I have with AJ is the way he holds on to the ball longer.....that won't bode well behind Piano Man's squad I fear.  I'm game for anything at this point....but his arm and his tendency to hold onto the ball give me pause.

Let's face it buddy...for a QB to succeed here at a high level the organization needs to catch lighting in a bottle. Good offensive line. Good WR's. Good running game. And above average to good defense.

The odds of building all of that exclusively through the draft are small.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 02:48 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think he makes better decisions under pressure and then Dalton though but he does have a slower release

That's definitely a positive trait for him.....of course we haven't really seen him under heavy duress yet either.  In 2015, we had a very good line.....now look at them.  Just look at them.  As I said, give Lazor and Dalton a shot, if they can't get it going, put #5 out there.  Dalton deserves a crack under a NFL caliber OC, just as AJM does if Dalton fails.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 02:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Let's face it buddy...for a QB to succeed here at a high level the organization needs to catch lighting in a bottle. Good offensive line. Good WR's. Good running game. And above average to good defense.

The odds of building all of that exclusively through the draft are small.

Agreed 100%.  Without an Aaron Rodgers or someone of that caliber, you ain't doing shit in Cincy.  We caught that lightning n 2015, I truly feel, only to see it go down the tubes on a fluke play.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 02:50 PM)Wyche Wrote: That's definitely a positive trait for him.....of course we haven't really seen him under heavy duress yet either.  In 2015, we had a very good line.....now look at them.  Just look at them.  As I said, give Lazor and Dalton a shot, if they can't get it going, put #5 out there.  Dalton deserves a crack under a NFL caliber OC, just as AJM does if Dalton fails.

So if I understand you correctly you are still evaluating the new offensive coordinator?
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
McCarron won the only playoff game in last 20 plus years until poor coaching and player discipline threw it away.

Under incredible pressure, McCarron led the comeback. Andy has never done this in a playoff game.

McCarron is a winner.

If we lose to Cleveland, McCarron should be given a shot at playing 4 to 5 games to see what he does.

I have always been an Andy supporter and he is obviously a great human being. I get his rating yesterday but he missed several wide open throws any one of which could have won the game.

McCarron throws a better long ball for sure.

Need to really give McCarron a shot if we lose next week to see whether we really need to draft a QB.

If Andy is the QB in a 3-13 season and McCarron does not get a real chance then we need to draft one.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 02:52 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: So if I understand you correctly you are still evaluating the new offensive coordinator?

Yes.  I think he made some strides in his first game.  This team was utter shit under a guy who had no business calling plays in the NFL. I even read there were rumblings within the organization about KZ as OC at the end of LAST YEAR.  So why did you let him start 2017?

We all know what Dalton is....but you have to admit, he looked good at the end of Gruden's tenure, and even better under Hue.  He even played well at the start of 2016.  I think two things have deep sixed him.  One, imagine what your internal clock would be like if, in the back of your mind every play, you had #70 "protecting" your blind side.  Two, KZ did the o line and Dalton absolutely zero favors in his inability to call a game, get the offense into a rhythm, and to establish an identity. Lazor came out running slants, crossing routes, worked the seam, and got the run game going a little bit.  That's a step in the right direction. More boots, waggles, rubs, bubble screens, shovels, slants, etc., and we'll see if he can scheme a little bit against our weaknesses.  It's not going to be pretty, but at least it might be competitive.  I liked his playcalling A LOT better than Zamp's and it was only his first game.  He made some questionable decisions here and there, but overall it was a drastic improvement.

If he continues to improve, and Dalton continues to slide, then lets see what Lazor can do with 5.

Reply/Quote
I just think AJ McCarron has the Swagger Andy Dalton is a great person no doubt but he doesn't have the Swagger.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 03:05 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I just think AJ McCarron has the Swagger Andy Dalton is a great person no doubt but he doesn't have the Swagger.

Could be.....but Dre K has swagger too.... Ninja

Reply/Quote
I seriously want to know why people think McCarron is going to be this amazing QB. I'm at a loss cuz I've really never seen much out of him.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
AJ McCarron has the "it" factor in it does spread to the team under pressure. Andy Dalton looks like a gazelle running for his life as he's being chased by a cheetah.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 03:00 PM)bengals67 Wrote: McCarron won the only playoff game in last 20 plus years until poor coaching and player discipline threw it away.

Under incredible pressure, McCarron led the comeback. Andy has never done this in a playoff game.

McCarron is a winner.

If we lose to Cleveland, McCarron should be given a shot at playing 4 to 5 games to see what he does.

I have always been an Andy supporter and he is obviously a great human being. I get his rating yesterday but he missed several wide open throws any one of which could have won the game.

McCarron throws a better long ball for sure.

Need to really give McCarron a shot if we lose next week to see whether we really need to draft a QB.

If Andy is the QB in a 3-13 season and McCarron does not get a real chance then we need to draft one.

THE DEFENSE WON the only Playoff game in 20+ years AJM and the offense did next to nothing. and couldn't even run the clock out...
Reply/Quote