Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJM for OBJ and a pick...
(10-05-2016, 12:41 AM)spazz70 Wrote: AJ is going to be a good QB in this league if given the chance...Eli is 35 and about done...No one is happy in NY...

Would you trade AJ and a pick for OBJ?  Or even straight up?  He is not a happy camper at all.

bad trade for both teams... OBJ is a head case that is gonna get himself kicked out of games.  Eli still has a few years left and they would have to sign McCarron long term to keep him...
Reply/Quote
lol

Jesus for a 4th rounder and Bodine

Ppl on here man smh
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 10:54 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Or, perhaps they are brand new receivers working under a brand new OC and haven't quite jelled yet and pressure is mounting thus causing even more mental error? I dunno, I saw AJ drop a pretty critical pass a few weeks back as well. Sure, maybe my little 'theory' is hilarious.. after all i did make it up on the spot however Leonard, our line is pretty bad and you know this. Andy has like 2 seconds to get rid of the ball most of the time with defenders in his face. How is a receiver suppose to set their position 15 yards down the middle of field in 2 seconds while trying to stay open? The rhythm on offense is just so out of whack right now. Everyone has like 2 seconds to make a play. That shit would make me nervous all the time and bad nerves are bad in this situation. I personally would overcompensate making matters worse. I would drop the damn ball.

BUT, Zampese says he is working on it so at least we have that. Ninja 

AJ has always been good for like 4-6 drops of the most routine catches possible per year. Dude makes leaping circus catches, and then will randomly occasionally drop a ball that hits him right in the hands and chest with nobody within 7 yards of him.

If the ball was a two steps ahead of the WRs, or two behind, I would agree it's the OL causing a timing issue. Most of the drops are of the hits-both-your-hands variety, though.

Is fair to mention that LaFell's hands (or lack thereof) was a complaint among Patriots fans last year. So it's not coming out of nowhere. Also apparently Uzomah decided he doesn't need or doesn't like gloves to improve his bad hands.

Yeah, you're right, Kenny Z will fix everything. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 11:40 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: AJ has always been good for like 4-6 drops of the most routine catches possible per year. Dude makes leaping circus catches, and then will randomly occasionally drop a ball that hits him right in the hands and chest with nobody within 7 yards of him.

If the ball was a two steps ahead of the WRs, or two behind, I would agree it's the OL causing a timing issue. Most of the drops are of the hits-both-your-hands variety, though.

Is fair to mention that LaFell's hands (or lack thereof) was a complaint among Patriots fans last year. So it's not coming out of nowhere. Also apparently Uzomah decided he doesn't need or doesn't like gloves to improve his bad hands.

Yeah, you're right, Kenny Z will fix everything. Lol

AJ is good for making a game losing error at least once a year. Against the Broncos we pretty much lost when he dropped the ball this year. Last year he fumbled on the drive that we would have won the Texans game. The year before that he fumbled on the drive we could have won the game with against Pittsburgh. The year before that he dropped a TD pass in the playoff game that could have turned the game around. The year before that he dropped a TD pass against the Cowboys that would have been the game winner. There's a couple more like the fumble against the Patriots in 2014 and other games like that, but this is just off the top of my head... Fwiw for as many mistakes he has he makes them up with 10 good plays.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That's like saying if you have a car for four years and never wreck it, the seat belts and air bags did zilch for you.....
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 04:22 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: LaFell is averaging 39 yds/gm over the last three weeks 

And last year Marvin Jones averaged 47 yards per game in week 2 through 4.

So what is your point?

And why does week one not count?
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 12:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dalton is throwing and completing more deep passes than he has ever before in his career.

I thought last year he had more.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 04:22 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bengals are among league leaders in drops.

Link?

From what I found they are 16th in both total drops and drop percentage.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-receiver-drops-percentage/2016/

http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 12:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And last year Marvin Jones averaged 47 yards per game in week 2 through 4.

So what is your point?

And why does week one not count?

Week one does count, but it does beg the question if it was just an anomaly. He's been pretty consistently meh since then.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 12:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Link?

From what I found they are 16th in both total drops and drop percentage.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-receiver-drops-percentage/2016/

http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

Jesus, learn to multi-quote so you don't have a new post already there every time I respond to you.

I outright call bullshit on whatever method they're using for counting drops. 4? Lol... they had more than that in Week 2 alone.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 12:46 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I thought last year he had more.

He did.  I was wrong.  

Dalton has completed 4 passes thrown over 20 yards past the line of scrimmage this year (1 per game)

Last year he completed 19 in 13 games (1.5 per game)
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 12:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Jesus, learn to multi-quote so you don't have a new post already there every time I respond to you.

I outright call bullshit on whatever method they're using for counting drops. 4? Lol... they had more than that in Week 2 alone.

Okay then.  If you disagree with how they count Bengals drops then how do you know how many drops every other team has?  What is your basis for for claiming Bengals are among the league leaders?
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 12:55 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote:  He's been pretty consistently meh since then.

You mean pretty much the same as Marvin Jones over the same stretch last year?
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 12:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Jesus, learn to multi-quote so you don't have a new post already there every time I respond to you.

Yeah we had 8-9 drops week 2 lol
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 09:37 AM)jason Wrote: Nobody wants AJ McCarran.

There. I said it. The guy was mediocre while he started. Look at what Wentz and Prescott are doing. I expect them to come back to earth somewhat, but c'mon. McCarran isn't a hot commodity.

If they want OBJ, they'll have to come off AJ Green not AJ McCarran.

You're probably right, but 2-3 months ago you'd be wrong. His highest value was at that point. I'd bet Cleveland San Fran would give up a nice pick for him.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 01:19 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: You're probably right, but 2-3 months ago you'd be wrong. His highest value was at that point. I'd bet Cleveland San Fran would give up a nice pick for him.

Why didn't they then? Mike Brown came out in March saying that McCarron could be traded.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 01:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Okay then.  If you disagree with how they count Bengals drops then how do you know how many drops every other team has?  What is your basis for for claiming Bengals are among the league leaders?

Because I can't imagine any other team had a week like the Bengals' Week 2. Had to of been at least 8 drops that week. Then a pretty consistent 3-ish/week for the other three.

Here's a tweet from Daniel Jeremiah, NFL Network guy. Not saying he's 100% gospel or anything, but at least there's something more official to back up what I am saying...

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/780812810599051264
"The Bengals have already dropped 13 passes (most in the NFL). Last year, they only dropped 25 passes (29th most in the NFL)"

That was before last week's Dolphin's game. So add at least another 3 there.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 01:22 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Why didn't they then? Mike Brown came out in March saying that McCarron could be traded.

Simple answer.  They did not trade him because we need a competent #2 QB and no one made an offer that would fill that hole.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 01:22 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Why didn't they then? Mike Brown came out in March saying that McCarron could be traded.

Im sure we can all assume that any deal fizzled out probably because Mike was asking too much for AJ
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Not sure about that, but Duke Tobin said the opposite during an interview in one of the preseason games. 

Reply/Quote