Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJM for OBJ and a pick...
Hard pass.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 01:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Simple answer.  They did not trade him because we need a competent #2 QB and no one made an offer that would fill that hole.

(10-05-2016, 01:30 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Im sure we can all assume that any deal fizzled out probably because Mike was asking too much for AJ

(10-05-2016, 01:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not sure about that, but Duke Tobin said the opposite during an interview in one of the preseason games. 

Brown said that he would trade McCarron for the right price at the end of March. If they got a first rounder for him or a 2 and another pick we could have got another QB in the draft. Hell we could have got Prescott possibly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Love how people are saying no because he lost his cool and said he isn't having fun.

Meanwhile two players on defense literally cost us a playoff game because they lost their cool, and one has done dirty hits. And everyone was clamoring for him to return and happy to see him back. Kind of hypocritical.

But yes. I'd easily trade McCarron for OBJ. But this isn't Madden and no GM is stupid enough to get rid of one of the best young receivers in the game for a backup QB.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 03:00 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Love how people are saying no because he lost his cool and said he isn't having fun.

Meanwhile two players on defense literally cost us a playoff game because they lost their cool, and one has done dirty hits. And everyone was clamoring for him to return and happy to see him back. Kind of hypocritical.

But yes. I'd easily trade McCarron for OBJ. But this isn't Madden and no GM is stupid enough to get rid of one of the best young receivers in the game for a backup QB.

And yet once again.....how are you planning on paying him?
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 03:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And yet once again.....how are you planning on paying him?

You don't think we have $6 million for two years?

The Bengals aren't low on money.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd pull the trade just to see Giants fans storm MetLife and burn it to the ground.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
We need a quality backup. Macaroni almost won us a playoff game. *hiccup* Jeremy HIll
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 05:29 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We need a quality backup. Macaroni almost won us a playoff game. *hiccup* Jeremy HIll

No McCarron didn't almost win the playoff game. The defense did, though. You don't get to be shit for 3.5 quarters against the 31st ranked pass defense, fumbling and INT'ing the day away, score when the defense gives you 40 yard fields, and then suddenly be the hero.

56.1% Completion
212 Yards
5.2 YPA
1 TD/1 INT
5 Rushes/9 Yards
3 Fumbles/1 Lost

If McCarron did *anything* in the first three quarters, the Bengals would have blown out the Steelers with how the defense was playing.

Stop. It.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
"Someone say...   pick?"

[Image: th?id=OIP.M35b876444eac04bd4420443decf2f...=271&h=153]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 07:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: No McCarron didn't almost win the playoff game. The defense did, though. You don't get to be shit for 3.5 quarters against the 31st ranked pass defense, fumbling and INT'ing the day away, score when the defense gives you 40 yard fields, and then suddenly be the hero.

56.1% Completion
212 Yards
5.2 YPA
1 TD/1 INT
5 Rushes/9 Yards
3 Fumbles/1 Lost

If McCarron did *anything* in the first three quarters, the Bengals would have blown out the Steelers with how the defense was playing.

Stop. It.

Eh, then put the blame on Hill. You're right though, Dalton probably would have won that game.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 12:41 AM)spazz70 Wrote: AJ is going to be a good QB in this league if given the chance...Eli is 35 and about done...No one is happy in NY...

Would you trade AJ and a pick for OBJ?  Or even straight up?  He is not a happy camper at all.

This would make the fleecing the Bengals pulled off on the Raiders look like a good trade.  
Reply/Quote
I'll pass on Odell Unotres...It would take too much to get him here and even more to keep him.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 03:44 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I truly believe we are fine at WR!

We need a center and better coaching.

I wouldn't go that far.  The WR group needs to perform a lot better.  I think the potential is there, but if the draft was next week, I'm going WR and C in the first 2 rounds.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 03:43 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: You don't think we have $6 million for two years?

The Bengals aren't low on money.

Only if you are not planning on resigning anyone after this year.....
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 02:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Only if you are not planning on resigning anyone after this year.....

You're vastly underestimating the Bengals potential budget. Your mind would be blown by how other teams always "magically" find money.

OTC has the Bengals currently listed as $10.6m under their cap this year. In 2017 they have them estimated at $44.5m in cap space.

Zeitler ($8m) will be gone trying to chase DeCastro money, replaced by a draft pick, Fisher, or Westerman for $400k-$1m.
Whit ($8m) will probably be brought back for less or equal money.
Kirk ($7.5m) keeps getting hurt and likely won't make $7.5m in 2017 if the Bengals bring him back.
Peko ($3.7m) will be replaced by Andrew Billings for much less.

etc

- - - - - - - - - -

I can't believe it's week 5 and you're already trying to bring up the offseason cult mantra that if you spend money in FA, you'll lose everyone you care about. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Last I checked Eli is still young and rarely gets hurt. I think the Giants fans would probably kill their owner
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 01:07 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I wouldn't go that far.  The WR group needs to perform a lot better.  I think the potential is there, but if the draft was next week, I'm going WR and C in the first 2 rounds.

Just write this in ink until something dramatic changes.  The top two draft picks will be...

CB and DE, likely in that order...
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 08:10 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You're vastly underestimating the Bengals potential budget. Your mind would be blown by how other teams always "magically" find money.

OTC has the Bengals currently listed as $10.6m under their cap this year. In 2017 they have them estimated at $44.5m in cap space.

Zeitler ($8m) will be gone trying to chase DeCastro money, replaced by a draft pick, Fisher, or Westerman for $400k-$1m.
Whit ($8m) will probably be brought back for less or equal money.
Kirk ($7.5m) keeps getting hurt and likely won't make $7.5m in 2017 if the Bengals bring him back.
Peko ($3.7m) will be replaced by Andrew Billings for much less.

etc

- - - - - - - - - -

I can't believe it's week 5 and you're already trying to bring up the offseason cult mantra that if you spend money in FA, you'll lose everyone you care about. Lol

Wasn't Lafell just a one year deal as well?  And I am really beginning to wonder about Eifert's deal.  I am also uncertain of the length of Michael Johnson's deal.  

With the number of compensatory picks coming the Bengal's way next year, I wonder if they won't keep McCarron next year as well.  One of the big teams that I could see needing a QB is SF (Man, they were awful last night...and Hyde looks like an amazing back.  Gabbert just awful) but I don't think McCarron fits a Chip Kelly offense.  Furthermore, the success of QBs Wentz and Prescott will likely have more and more teams thinking they can add through the draft.  

As much as I would like to see the Bengals pick up a very nice draft pick for AJM, I can't help but think it might be better to keep him his last year of his contract as a security blanket.  I feel bad for the guy, though, as there are a lot of turds starting over him in the league that aren't anywhere near the QB AJM could be, IMHO.  Personally, I think he is EXACTLY the QB the Jets need.  
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 08:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Just write this in ink until something dramatic changes.  The top two draft picks will be...

CB and DE, likely in that order...

Nah we do CBs every other year...
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 05:58 AM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Last I checked Eli is still young and rarely gets hurt.  I think the Giants fans would probably kill their owner

I guess you haven't checked in a while, cause 35 ain't young by football standards.  Tongue

Reply/Quote