Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
According to CBS Sports.........
(10-28-2015, 09:10 PM)revans513 Wrote: Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger: 'Not getting my hopes up about Sunday'

He's worried about getting through a week of practice. That sounds to me like the knee might not be as good as what we are led to believe.

Personally, I'd rather he be in good health and we whip them.

Because the Blue Whale gives birth to the second biggest baby in the world......
What could possibly be a bigger baby???

A Steelers Fan

I believe half of what I see and a tenth of what I hear, short of him in a wheelchair I think Big Jen plays this week
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 10:44 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: one of those guys on TV says its not who you play but when you play them... Ill take a no rothelisburger team....  Steelers didnt seem to care when they beat the bengals after hurting palmer and other QBs...

The only reason i would want Ben to hobble out there is so we can send him back to the bench.

They actually celebrated it, especially with that "We-Dey" cheer in the locker room afterwards.

I agree, though, but I'll add that I hope we hobble him just enough so he thinks he can still play and just hurts their chances even more by being out there.

Part of me says I don't want him to play because it might help our chances, but then the glory-seeking part of me says I hope he plays and we dominate him so Steelers fans can shove it up their ass.
Reply/Quote
If he plays, just bring the house every down until he's out for the year.

Yeah, I'm wishing injury on a player. Got a problem with it? I also hope Hines Ward falls into a sink hole infested with fire ants and blasted with cyanide.
[Image: sig2.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 09:10 PM)revans513 Wrote: Personally, I'd rather he be in good health and we whip them.
I'd rather he be hauled out of Heinz in a body bag with a tag on his toe. Shoot, I'd rather he slam into a gas truck on the way to work.

(Did I take that too far?)
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 09:10 PM)revans513 Wrote: Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger: 'Not getting my hopes up about Sunday'

He's worried about getting through a week of practice. That sounds to me like the knee might not be as good as what we are led to believe.

Personally, I'd rather he be in good health and we whip them.

Because the Blue Whale gives birth to the second biggest baby in the world......
What could possibly be a bigger baby???

A Steelers Fan

Why? I don't in fact I hope he doesn't even suit up. Where has our best defensive player been the past year? Do you think Steeler fans want to see Burfict out there? The more advantages we get the better.

I don't buy into this, "I hope we play this team when they're healthy" BS. We went into the playoffs last year decimated. Will be nice to be on the other end of that game and not be the battered team.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 09:33 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Why do people hope that he plays? You guys realize that if he plays, the Bengals are far more likely to lose the game than if Landry Jones or some other schmuck starts the game.

I'll take any advantage that I can get...

Exactly.  Win this game and not only do you bury Pittsburgh in the division race, but they remain in the driver's seat for the number one or two seed in the playoffs.  Take any advantage you can get, and walk out of there with a win.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 12:45 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Exactly.  Win this game and not only do you bury Pittsburgh in the division race, but they remain in the driver's seat for the number one or two seed in the playoffs.  Take any advantage you can get, and walk out of there with a win.

if we beat the steelers and they drop to 4-4 will they still say we havent beaten a team with a winning record?
Reply/Quote
I'm expecting him to play.

I'd rather he didn't. But Roethlisberger is never where he should be. Doing things he shouldn't be doing.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 10:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Play our game.   We are just a better team.

There you have it.  Don't care who does or doesn't play.  I agree that there's a certain amount of gamesmanship going on, too.  Same as with Buffalo.  Will he play?  Will he be able to move around?  Will he be rusty?  To me none of that matters.  It's a division game.  As such, it's important, just like playing and beating Balt and Cleveland.

I like that the Bengals are being conspicuoilsly quiet about this game.  Let the media and steelers talk it up.  This is an opportunity for the Bengals to put one of their division rivals almost completely out of the running for the division.  So, it's important for the Bengals, too.

Ben is better than his backups.  But, the Bengals know him well, too.  So, as far as I can tell, those things cancel each other out. I'd rather Ben play because we get so much delight out of doing so.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 01:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if we beat the steelers and they drop to 4-4 will they still say we havent beaten a team with a winning record?

Who cares?  You can only beat the teams on your schedule, and the Bengals will be at 7-0.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 01:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if we beat the steelers and they drop to 4-4 will they still say we havent beaten a team with a winning record?

No, because they start the game with a winning record, just like Buffalo did.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 03:26 PM)McC Wrote: No, because they start the game with a winning record, just like Buffalo did.

and the chargers.... 1-0 Buffalo 3-2
Reply/Quote

When you beat teams they tend to lose their "winning" record.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 09:33 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Why do people hope that he plays? You guys realize that if he plays, the Bengals are far more likely to lose the game than if Landry Jones or some other schmuck starts the game.

I'll take any advantage that I can get...

I hope he plays and during this game one of our linemen cause the cart to come out for him again.  Is that too much to ask for?
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 04:10 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When you beat teams they tend to lose their "winning" record.

lol exactly.
Reply/Quote
This entire Rothlesberger injury saga just seems to be a bit of grandstanding, to me. All it does is set the stage for the talking heads to create a dramatic narrative of Big Ben, the battered warrior champion attempting to carry his team to victory, in the most unlikely of circumstances...

In other words, a bunch of hogwash. I think that the Bengals should prepare as if Ben had never been injured, and be prepared to throw the kitchen sink at him. Paulie G should also consider going to some 3-4 looks, in an effort to contain Bell and that outside counter that they love to run.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Ben is going to play and we're going to hear about him playing injured throughout the whole game.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I question how much mobility he truly has. Hope he takes a lot of sacks and knockdowns. It's time for the Bengals to be the bully
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 04:56 PM)NashBengal Wrote: I question how much mobility he truly has. Hope he takes a lot of sacks and knockdowns. It's time for the Bengals to be the bully

My guess is that they won't ask him to be mobile.  They will rely heavily on the rushing attack, attempting to draw the Safeties in, then let Ben try to pinpoint some one on one matchups with a 3 step drop.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 04:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This entire Rothlesberger injury saga just seems to be a bit of grandstanding, to me.  All it does is set the stage for the talking heads to create a dramatic narrative of Big Ben, the battered warrior champion attempting to carry his team to victory, in the most unlikely of circumstances...

In other words, a bunch of hogwash.  I think that the Bengals should prepare as if Ben had never been injured, and be prepared to throw the kitchen sink at him.  Paulie G should also consider going to some 3-4 looks, in an effort to contain Bell and that outside counter that they love to run.

Agree on all and especially the outside runs. We've been getting gashed bad with RB's bouncing to the outside. If they let Bell do that to much...........
Reply/Quote