Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
According to CBS Sports.........
(10-29-2015, 05:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: My guess is that they won't ask him to be mobile.  They will rely heavily on the rushing attack, attempting to draw the Safeties in, then let Ben try to pinpoint some one on one matchups with a 3 step drop.

That seems likely. 
Reply/Quote
Now we have to hear dan fouts go gaga over rapistburger and how tough he is
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 01:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if we beat the steelers and they drop to 4-4 will they still say we havent beaten a team with a winning record?
Yes you would have.. you beat them while they had a winning record.. but does it really matter... 7-0 is 7-0,  you don;t get extra wins for records of the other team.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 08:13 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: Yes you would have.. you beat them while they had a winning record.. but does it really matter... 7-0 is 7-0,  you don;t get extra wins for records of the other team.

So many seem concerened about style points, or getting a "hollow" win with Ben being out. Get the W and get outta Dodge with no injuries and it'll be a hell of a day reagrdless of who does or doesn't play or by how much we win.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 09:33 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Why do people hope that he plays? You guys realize that if he plays, the Bengals are far more likely to lose the game than if Landry Jones or some other schmuck starts the game.

I'll take any advantage that I can get...

I want the Bengals to beat the Steelers with the Steelers having all their players. I don't want to hear excuses by Pitt that their best players didn't play - hence the loss to the Bengals!!!

However, history does not look pretty for the Bengals. Maybe, just maybe, the Bengals are for real and will play like it. Wink
Reply/Quote
As long as we keep winning I don't care what the other teams do with their personnel.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Personally I don't care if he plays, doesn't play, gets caught jerking off to pictures of a naked John McCain or what as long as we win this game.
In an ideal world he plays, gets sacked a dozen times or more and has a career ending injury on the last play of the game, Michael Vick gets caught kicking several puppies and Landry Jones quits in disgust. Then Dan Fouts mistakes the microphone for a hot dog and chokes to death at half time .. and an earthquake knocks their stadium into the Ohio river, it floats downstream and stops right outside of PBS.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 04:54 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Ben is going to play and we're going to hear about him playing injured throughout the whole game.

Especially if Dierdorf is calling the game...  I think that toolbag finally was shown the door, but did he ever slobber himself over some big jen
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 09:10 PM)revans513 Wrote: Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger: 'Not getting my hopes up about Sunday'

He's worried about getting through a week of practice. That sounds to me like the knee might not be as good as what we are led to believe.

Personally, I'd rather he be in good health and we whip them.

Because the Blue Whale gives birth to the second biggest baby in the world......
What could possibly be a bigger baby???

A Steelers Fan

Hopefully Lewis tells everyone on our D.... "Aim for his knee"
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 11:01 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Especially if Dierdorf is calling the game...  I think that toolbag finally was shown the door, but did he ever slobber himself over some big jen

Dierdorf retired from broadcasting I believe and thank god because he is no friend of the Bengals. I used to mute the television when he was a broadcaster during a Bengals game. 
Reply/Quote
A win puts us up 4 in the loss column. Not a division lock, but pretty darn close. I hope Ben doesn't play, and Bell and Brown get lost on the way to the stadium.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 05:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: My guess is that they won't ask him to be mobile.  They will rely heavily on the rushing attack, attempting to draw the Safeties in, then let Ben try to pinpoint some one on one matchups with a 3 step drop.

I'd also bet you there will be a ton of underneath stuff, quick screens to the outside, slants and stuff. They'll want Ben getting rid of ball quickly.

We have to tackle and quit going for the strip !
Reply/Quote