Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
According to Marvin, we need to extend him...
You gotta be shitting me.  Ugh.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 05:49 AM)Trademark Wrote: Yep I'm about done with this organization

If Our O Line has no Zeitler, but still includes Bodine and Ogbeuhi, if we let Kirkpatrick walk but Adam Jones is still here.  If we resiign Peko, and if Marvin is extended, I'm going to take a step back for a while.  
Reply/Quote
And it just keeps getting more depressing in Bengaldom.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals hire a new offensive line coach I'm fine with keeping Marvin. I'm not good with it, just fine with it.
Reply/Quote
Meh - not the least bit surprised at this. Of course he wants an extension and of course the enquirer wants to take full advantage of this touchy subject ad nausea. Gotta get those clicks :-)
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Is there any fart in the NFL that is more stale than Marvin? Excluding PA of course.

He's useless.
Reply/Quote
Im seriously about ready to throw in the towel with this franchise.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
But, but, but, but he made the playoffs 5 of the last 6 years! That is really hard to do and he deserves an extension.

Blah blah blah.
Reply/Quote
Y
(01-26-2017, 02:10 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: If he gets an extension, and people continue to go to games, we will deserve every embarrassing Primetime/big game/playoff loss we continue to endure. I'm sorry but this falls mostly on the fans. We know how to make Mikey make a change, and it sure as hell isnt billboards and urinal cakes. Filling his pockets only tells him our fanbase in content with mediocrity... And sadly I believe a huge percentage of our fanbase actually is.

What makes you think that?  Have you ever been to game live?  If anything the fans have 0 patience.  Every dalton interception you hear Boos.  The "fans" as you call them all want and ask for change.  Did you see the stadium for the last few home games half full.  But when you buy season tickets or ticket packs do you expect to just let the tickets go to waste?  

I am going to be a fan of the bengals until the day I die, and I enjoy going to the games.  I enjoy tailgating, I enjoy the anthem and entrance, I enjoy the games.  I am very disappointed when they lose and that doesn't mean I am ok with mediocrity.  And I will tell you this... The fair weather fans are even more upset after the games.  

Fans are not ok with mediocrity but go ahead and continue to believe that if you want.  

EDIT*** Under no circumstance do I want Marvin to sign a contract extension... But it is out of my control. I will be no more or less of a fan due to the head coach. I can only control what I can control, and by not going to games I am taking away good times with my mom and dad, uncle/ aunt, my better half and myself... That Seahawks game 2 years ago was the best game I have ever been to. If I have to see 7 clunkers for a once in a lifetime so be it****
Reply/Quote
Go ahead Mike brown, make our day and sign him.see what happens
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 12:38 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: If Mike Brown extends his contract, this team is toast. It might be already.

This team is in partial rebuilding mode right now. IF a bunch of young guys that we have don't pan out...we're going to be in full rebuilding mode in a season or two.

With the current track record of young guys panning out...I don't have much hope for this.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 11:52 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: for your reading pleasure...or maybe not.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000779185/article/marvin-lewis-hopes-to-sign-contract-extension

Not news of course he hopes too.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 10:27 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: What makes you think that?  Have you ever been to game live?  If anything the fans have 0 patience.  Every dalton interception you hear Boos.  The "fans" as you call them all want and ask for change.  Did you see the stadium for the last few home games half full.  But when you buy season tickets or ticket packs do you expect to just let the tickets go to waste?  

I am going to be a fan of the bengals until the day I die, and I enjoy going to the games.  I enjoy tailgating, I enjoy the anthem and entrance, I enjoy the games.  I am very disappointed when they lose and that doesn't mean I am ok with mediocrity.  And I will tell you this... The fair weather fans are even more upset after the games.  

Fans are not ok with mediocrity but go ahead and  continue to believe that if you want.  

EDIT*** Under no circumstance do I want Marvin to sign a contract extension... But it is out of my control.  I will be no more or less of a fan due to the head coach. I can only control what I can control, and by not going to games I am taking away good times with my mom and dad, uncle/ aunt, my better half and myself... That Seahawks game 2 years ago was the best game I have ever been to.  If I have to see 7 clunkers for a once in a lifetime so be it****

It is within your control. The only way to get your message across is to hit them where it hurts: their wallet. You don't and that's fine. nothing wrong with that. But the only way to have them hear our voice is to not feed the beast. 
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 11:15 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Not news of course he hopes too.

And of course the news outlets wants to run this ad nausea. Easy click bait.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 02:10 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: If he gets an extension, and people continue to go to games, we will deserve every embarrassing Primetime/big game/playoff loss we continue to endure. I'm sorry but this falls mostly on the fans. We know how to make Mikey make a change, and it sure as hell isnt billboards and urinal cakes. Filling his pockets only tells him our fanbase in content with mediocrity... And sadly I believe a huge percentage of our fanbase actually is.

Pat...there is revenue sharing in the NFL. Going to games isn't how an owner makes their money. They get 1/32 of the pie whether the stadium is full or empty.

IF fans kept going to the games in the 90's...they'll go after 5 playoff appearances in 6 years. We have the longest I really think a lot of 'fans' are just happy that the team isn't 2-13 every year and will take a 10-6 season with a playoff appearance with a loss.

It's sad that this fanbase has been beatdown by losing so much that they are happy with mediocrity. We have not won a playoff game in 26+ years...while even the worst franchises have typically won atleast 5 over that span.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 11:16 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Pat...there is revenue sharing in the NFL. Going to games isn't how an owner makes their money. They get 1/32 of the pie whether the stadium is full or empty.

IF fans kept going to the games in the 90's...they'll go after 5 playoff appearances in 6 years. We have the longest I really think a lot of 'fans' are just happy that the team isn't 2-13 every year and will take a 10-6 season with a playoff appearance with a loss.

It's sad that this fanbase has been beatdown by losing so much that they are happy with mediocrity. We have not won a playoff game in 26+ years...while even the worst franchises have typically won atleast 5 over that span.

This is going to make everyone depressed, but Tom Brady has won more playoff games since 2014 (6) than the Bengals franchise has won in its entire existence (5).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I keep wondering what will actually cause me to jump ship, but a Marvin extention beyond '17 might just do it.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 11:15 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: It is within your control. The only way to get your message across is to hit them where it hurts: their wallet. You don't and that's fine. nothing wrong with that. But the only way to have them hear our voice is to not feed the beast. 

Me not going is not going to change one thing in the grand scheme of things.  Without the blackout policy there is really no pressure to sell out a game like there previously was.  Also like another member posted revenue sharing. 

I am not renewing season tickets but I am going to go to 4games at PBS then take a road trip to Nashville and watch them take on the Titans.

At the end of the day football is entertainment.  Do I want them to win, more than anything else in sports.  But to get excited and change your life because of the bengals is foolish. I have other things I need to change in my life far more important than football. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 10:27 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Y
What makes you think that?  Have you ever been to game live?  If anything the fans have 0 patience.  Every dalton interception you hear Boos.  The "fans" as you call them all want and ask for change.  Did you see the stadium for the last few home games half full.  But when you buy season tickets or ticket packs do you expect to just let the tickets go to waste?  

Fans are not ok with mediocrity but go ahead and  continue to believe that if you want.  

EDIT*** Under no circumstance do I want Marvin to sign a contract extension... But it is out of my control.  I will be no more or less of a fan due to the head coach. I can only control what I can control, and by not going to games I am taking away good times with my mom and dad, uncle/ aunt, my better half and myself... That Seahawks game 2 years ago was the best game I have ever been to.  If I have to see 7 clunkers for a once in a lifetime so be it****

It was my second best one.....beating the Skins in '88 in OT to clinch homefield advantage throughout the playoffs was my best one, and my first. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 11:44 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Me not going is not going to change one thing in the grand scheme of things.  Without the blackout policy there is really no pressure to sell out a game like there previously was.  Also like another member posted revenue sharing. 

I am not renewing season tickets but I am going to go to 4games at PBS then take a road trip to Nashville and watch them take on the Titans.

At the end of the day football is entertainment.  Do I want them to win, more than anything else in sports.  But to get excited and change your life because of the bengals is foolish. I have other things I need to change in my life far more important than football. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

You really think they don't want to sell seats and merch? I am not trying to persuade you one way or the other; honestly, I will still probably go to at least one game, but I usually go to more than that. Will they feel the pain of me not being there the other two-three games? I doubt it, but at least I let my voice heard with them not seeing the 500 dollars from previous years. 
Reply/Quote