Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
According to Marvin, we need to extend him...
(01-26-2017, 11:58 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: You really think they don't want to sell seats and merch? I am not trying to persuade you one way or the other; honestly, I will still probably go to at least one game, but I usually go to more than that. Will they feel the pain of me not being there the other two-three games? I doubt it, but at least I let my voice heard with them not seeing the 500 dollars from previous years. 

That Seahawks game is the last one I've been to.  I think it will probably stay that way until Mediocre Marv and Piano Man are shown the door, or management makes some changes like expanding the scouting department beyond that of an FCS school.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 11:58 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: You really think they don't want to sell seats and merch? I am not trying to persuade you one way or the other; honestly, I will still probably go to at least one game, but I usually go to more than that. Will they feel the pain of me not being there the other two-three games? I doubt it, but at least I let my voice heard with them not seeing the 500 dollars from previous years. 

With revenue-sharing...they don't care. The stadium could sit empty and they still make 1/32 of the pie.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 12:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: With revenue-sharing...they don't care. The stadium could sit empty and they still make 1/32 of the pie.

They don't but I do.  I refuse to spend any entertainment dollars on the same ol, same ol.  May hit an extra dirt race this year, or a few more trips to the water park or King's Island, etc.  

Reply/Quote
The big news about Marvin hoping for a contract extension is that there was a lot of speculation that he'd retire and move into management.

That doesn't look likely given this tidbit.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 12:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: That Seahawks game is the last one I've been to.  I think it will probably stay that way until Mediocre Marv and Piano Man are shown the door, or management makes some changes like expanding the scouting department beyond that of an FCS school.

That fine line of teaching my son the ups and downs of sports. I don't want to completely give up, but show my displeasure by not giving near what I used too. It is getting close to apathy tho. Just an extremely unique situation 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 11:30 AM)ochocincos Wrote: This is going to make everyone depressed, but Tom Brady has won more playoff games since 2014 (6) than the Bengals franchise has won in its entire existence (5).

He's also won more playoff games than the Chicago Bears who were a day one NFL franchise (1919). I used to be on the fence about Brady but regardless what happens in the SB I'm pretty much ready to crown him the GOAT.

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 12:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: With revenue-sharing...they don't care. The stadium could sit empty and they still make 1/32 of the pie.

What if it's 3/4 empty? That could and probably would get their attention. I didn't mean me not giving them my chump change wil ruin them, but IMO the message is clear. 
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 12:20 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: That fine line of teaching my son the ups and downs of sports. I don't want to completely give up, but show my displeasure by not giving near what I used too. It is getting close to apathy tho. Just an extremely unique situation 

Take him to a Reds game, that'll teach him about the downs! LMAO

Seriously, I get your point, I have two daughters.....so not such a big deal for me, they like the other stuff more, even racing.  So I'll just do that, and probably hit the bleachers a time or two at GABP.

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 12:25 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: What if it's 3/4 empty? That could and probably would get their attention. I didn't mean me not giving them my chump change wil ruin them, but IMO the message is clear. 

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the bengals make the playoffs next year.  People are going to attend games of a competitive football team. Period.

If the franchise quarterback retiring doesn't get change at the head coach level I doubt the fans, one of the most irrelevant things to success on the field (outside of 12th man which Cincy is bad at anyway), have much say at all.

This whole thread is becoming comical. 

We can choose to not spend our money, but that doesn't have anything to do with any change from a bengals perspective. 

Again, to repeat I would like a new head coach as a fan.  But boycotting games will not do anything.  As long as Marvin fields a competitive team (which he has for the majority of his tenure) mike brown will continue to operate like business as usual.  It's the sad reality of being a bengals fan
Reply/Quote
The thing that bothered me most is that he used the security and peace of mind of the coaching staff as an excuse for wanting the extension. It just shows in a nutshell what's wrong with the franchise.

1. Marv should've been fired for being 0-7 and/or going 6-9-1 last year.
2. Instead he's smugly/boldly demanding an extension.
3. No one on this coaching staff has earned job security.
4. This is a ####ing NFL franchise, not a country club.
5. Marv should care about evaluating his staff for deficiencies, not providing them job security. If he actually puts winning above all else...which he clearly doesn't.

I honestly hope AJ Green looks at Julio in ATL and realizes he's wasting his career here. Same with Dalton, Atkins, Dunlap, etc.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 06:14 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: If Our O Line has no Zeitler, but still includes Bodine and Ogbeuhi, if we let Kirkpatrick walk but Adam Jones is still here.  If we resiign Peko, and if Marvin is extended, I'm going to take a step back for a while.  

Those are all worst case scenario but most likely will happen.  I'm with you I need to take a break from the Bengals if that happens.  N they keep #58.  
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 01:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The thing that bothered me most is that he used the security and peace of mind of the coaching staff as an excuse for wanting the extension. It just shows in a nutshell what's wrong with the franchise.

1. Marv should've been fired for being 0-7 and/or going 6-9-1 last year.
2. Instead he's smugly/boldly demanding an extension.
3. No one on this coaching staff has earned job security.
4. This is a ####ing NFL franchise, not a country club.
5. Marv should care about evaluating his staff for deficiencies, not providing them job security. If he actually puts winning above all else...which he clearly doesn't.

I honestly hope AJ Green looks at Julio in ATL and realizes he's wasting his career here. Same with Dalton, Atkins, Dunlap, etc.

Agreed, that quote about easing him and the coaching staffs mind with an extension made my stomach turn. The Bengals management needs to set standards we're underperforming is not acceptable anymore in Cincinnati and if you do you will be replaced no more free rides. If you want an extension Marvin go out and win a playoff game if you think your gonna get rewarded for a 6 win season you are crazy. You wanna keep your job Paul Alexander go out and coach up Ced, Fisher and your boy Bodine . Same goes for players Nugent should have been cut way earlier last year. Rey Maualuga you wanna show up to camp at 270 and underperform see you later buddy. Pacman you wanna cost us a playoff game and get arrested unacceptable see you later. Bodine if you continue to underperform and have low shotgun snaps were bringing in competition at center this season best man wins the job.
Reply/Quote
A few people saying this will be the final straw (Some it's been the 10th final straw. Football drama queens.) and they will be done with the team. If that's the case you should probably just man up and do it. When I imagine rooting for another team the closest I get is thinking about rooting for an NFC team as my 2nd team but the Bengals will always be #1. Whether I like it or not we are joined at the hip. This isn't a team for the feint of heart.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 01:51 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: A few people saying this will be the final straw (Some it's been the 10th final straw. Football drama queens.) and they will be done with the team. If that's the case you should probably just man up and do it. When I imagine rooting for another team the closest I get is thinking about rooting for an NFC team as my 2nd team but the Bengals will always be #1. Whether I like it or not we are joined at the hip. This isn't a team for the feint of heart.

Agreed, it's the definition of a bandwagon fan really. 
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 01:55 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Agreed, it's the definition of a bandwagon fan really. 

No, it's the definition of insanity.
Reply/Quote
Remember when there were talks about his retirement and having a "succession" plan with Zimmer and Hue?

Funny how things change. Or how they've always been, I should say.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 02:08 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: No, it's the definition of insanity.

Yeah, I've been here since the early 80s, I ain't gonna quit cheering for the team, I survived the 90s....don't consider that very bandwagon.  On the other hand, I'm not going to voluntarily give them my disposable cash.  To each their own though.

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 06:14 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: If Our O Line has no Zeitler, but still includes Bodine and Ogbeuhi, if we let Kirkpatrick walk but Adam Jones is still here.  If we resiign Peko, and if Marvin is extended, I'm going to take a step back for a while.  

I will second that.
Reply/Quote
"Whoa whoa whoa, Miss Lippy! The part of the story I don't like is..." how Lewis getting an extension would put anyone else's mind at ease besides his own.
Why would the Bengals coaches care if he's the HC or not? Their jobs shouldn't be protected just because Marvin is the HC or not.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
As several asked "why" back when he was rumored to be retiring... no reason for him not to want to stay. He gets millions to have a job with very few expectations. Go 4-12 or even 8-8 and miss the playoffs? Players need to play harder. Go 10-6, stumble into the WC game and then get obliterated? Players need to be healthier/make less mistakes.

Marvin is good at spotting talent. He's great at retaining it. His miserable at playing it, and he's a horrible leader, continually passing the blame onto the players or just bad luck.
Reply/Quote