Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actually, it may be Zampeze
As I'm sitting here, watching the Eagles OL getting destroyed, man on man, by the Cowboys DL, yet they continue to move the ball down the field...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I don't know. If anyone gets a pass it should probably be Zampese. I dislike the internal hire as much as anyone. That said, it does tend to take time for an offense to grasp the system of a new coordinator. I'm not sure just how different Zampese's scheme's are from Jackson's, but I wouldn't be shocked if things all came together for the offense later in the year when Eifert is rolling and Boyd and laFell are fully assimilated. All of these pieces seem to be good players, there's just something lacking.

It's obvious to say the blocking stinks, b/c many times it does, but I have more hope for the offense coming together than the defense. The offense has at least shown flashes of being really good. They just haven't been consistent.
Reply/Quote
Our D is declining badly, it seems most if not all of the higher draft picks in recent years are not developing into better or even equal to the talent level of players we lose via FA, Injury's etc. To make things worse our Offense seems to be in the same situation. Throw in the piss poor play calling from both OC and DC cords, a very conservative HC, undisciplined players, and the occasional sodomising by the officials and you get the shit show we have now. Who-Dey!
Reply/Quote
Zampeze just isn't an NFL level OC

And this is without a doubt the worst coaching staff in the NFL
Reply/Quote
Losing coordinator after coordinator has caught up to us.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I think the simple answer is there are a bunch of things wrong with the team...it isn't just one. It's also the hardest to swallow for a fanbase used to making the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 10:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the simple answer is there are a bunch of things wrong with the team...it isn't just one. It's also the hardest to swallow for a fanbase used to making the playoffs.

True 

and really it was not hard to see coming but we were blinded by hope. 

Losing OC, DL coach, Marvin Jones, Sanu, Andre Smith, Reggie Nelson, Leon Hall, Peerman and Eiffert for a third of the season is a major blow

Also Burfict getting suspended and coming back not ready is not helping out either. 

On the plus side though Eiffert seems to be back to form. 

Plus at least we kept Bodine and Nugent. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 10:57 PM)Go Cards Wrote: True 

Losing OC, DL coach, Marvin Jones, Sanu, Andre Smith, Reggie Nelson, Leon Hall, Peerman and Eiffert for a third of the season is a major blow

Also Burfict getting suspended and coming back not ready is not helping out either. 

Agreed. Heck, Gilberry and Lamur look like big losses.

The way we lost in the playoffs was particularly devastating. Having a game won and getting over a 23 year dry spell...only to self destruct with a fumble and 2 personal fouls.

Had that been a young teams first taste of the playoffs that's one thing...but the 5th playoff loss in a row without a win...devastates a team.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 10:57 PM)Go Cards Wrote: True 

Actually, losing Vance Joseph and Reggie Nelson were the worst blows.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It's not Zampeze. It's the chemistry of the OL and the RT position. It is a suspect Line-backer personnel. It is poor, very poor tackling. It is a kicker who should have been gone for a while. I do think, however, that the offense is not playing in rhythm and maybe no huddle or hurry up offensive plays may help.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 11:16 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: It's not Zampeze.  It's the chemistry of the OL and the RT position.  It is a suspect Line-backer personnel.   It is poor, very poor tackling.  It is a kicker who should have been gone for a while.  I do think, however, that the offense is not playing in rhythm and maybe no huddle or hurry up offensive plays may help.  

Seeing how position coaches are subordinate to coordinators, you might be mistaken there..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 11:16 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: It's not Zampeze.  It's the chemistry of the OL and the RT position.  It is a suspect Line-backer personnel.   It is poor, very poor tackling.  It is a kicker who should have been gone for a while.  I do think, however, that the offense is not playing in rhythm and maybe no huddle or hurry up offensive plays may help.  

Chemistry of the O-Line? There's just 1 new starter.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 11:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seeing how position coaches are subordinate to coordinators, you might be mistaken there..

Zampeze doesn't have control over positions coaches.  The offense was rated 5th in NFL or close to that.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 11:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Chemistry of the O-Line? There's just 1 new starter.

It only takes one new starter to miss assignments and it will through everyone off.  OG (the rookie RT) has not played well.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 11:50 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Zampeze doesn't have control over positions coaches.  The offense was rated 5th in NFL or close to that.  

What makes you think that Zampeze doesn't delegate his offensive philosophy to the position coaches, who in turn coach the players on the specific skills and techniques to carry out that plan?  I mean, it's kind of the whole point of a coordinator.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 11:50 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Zampeze doesn't have control over positions coaches.  The offense was rated 5th in NFL or close to that.  

Or his QB missing multiple throws and fumbling. Zampeze hasn't been very good this year, but this game was probably one of his best as far as play calling. The Bengals offense could have put up close to 40 if not for missed kicks and bad throws. 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 08:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What makes you think that Zampeze doesn't delegate his offensive philosophy to the position coaches, who in turn coach the players on the specific skills and techniques to carry out that plan?  I mean, it's kind of the whole point of a coordinator.

Who knows man.....he is dealing with the untouchable Piano Man.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 09:32 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Or his QB missing multiple throws and fumbling. Zampeze hasn't been very good this year, but this game was probably one of his best as far as play calling. The Bengals offense could have put up close to 40 if not for missed kicks and bad throws. 

Dalton had a bad game.  His ball placement was not good.   Sunset has a point in that a new OC is an adjustment for the offense and position coaches.  But the players simply are not executing.  Coaches can put the players in position to execute the game plan, but the players make decisions and plays.  Dalton, Nugent, and defense, especially linebacker did not do well in London.  I am more disappointed with the defense than I am with the offense.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 09:51 PM)Wyche Wrote: Who knows man.....he is dealing with the untouchable Piano Man.

I think we can all agree that PA went rogue years ago and no one can reign him in.  He's like a piano playing, horse tooth Godzilla destroying everything in its path.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 10:21 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Zampeze just isn't an NFL level OC

And this is without a doubt the worst coaching staff in the NFL

I'm starting to think the same thing.  When Hue Jackson took the Cleveland job, Zampeze was pretty much instantly elevated to OC, without even interviewing anyone else for the job.  At the time, most of us around here seemed alright with the move.  Why not?  Zamp had been around forever, already familiar with all of the position coaches and players, and it was somewhat reported that the offense he was going to run was just a continuation of what Jackson had been doing.

What we have seen is an offense that still struggles to get the critical 3rd down conversion.  Until this past game, they had been struggling mightily to turn redzone visits into touchdowns.  Was that a fluke, or does Eifert's return to full time action have that great of an impact?  We will have to wait and see.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote