Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Adam Jones Arrested.
(01-03-2017, 06:05 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: He needs to go. Would have been nice to know what we have in WJ3 right about now wouldn't it?

No shit, would have been nice to guage WJ3's performance the 2nd half of the season and get him some reps rather than a ST player. Now Kirk has more leverage. Im going to lose my mind if we go CB with the first pick.
Reply/Quote
Guilty or not, Pac-Man needs a new nickname: "Shit-Magnet"

Applies on-field and off-field.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 08:39 PM)TKUHL Wrote: No shit, would have been nice to guage WJ3's performance the 2nd half of the season and get him some reps rather than a ST player. Now Kirk has more leverage. Im going to lose my mind if we go CB with the first pick.

I would too.

I LOVE this secondary class, don't get me wrong. It's my favorite one in recent memory. But we don't need that. We need an impact starter on this team.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 06:34 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I read about it at lunch time, but not once in this thread have I seen what was stated in the article: witnesses denied that he did anything to be arrested, which is why he resisted arrest.

I'm not defending him, and I was fine with the idea of releasing him mid-season.  With that said, it would not be the first time someone made an untrue claim about someone and got them arrested.  Ced Benson once got arrested for being sucker punched by a man who was mad that his girl got her picture taken with the RB.  Chris Henry was locked up for punching a teenager, only to later be released and receive a full apology from the police because the kid made the whole thing up.

Were these witnesses his friends?  Who knows.  But until the whole story is out there and/or there is video showing the whole incident, I will not pass judgement.  Nor will I care if the team moves on, as it seemed father time got the best of Jones this year anyway.

I'm sorry, but you don't head butt a police officer.  You don't spit on a jail worker.  Especially if you know how the system works, and especially if you are innocent of the original charges.  You obey the commands of the police officer, you bail yourself out, and you let your attorney figure it out later.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 09:30 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I'm sorry, but you don't head butt a police officer.  You don't spit on a jail worker.  Especially if you know how the system works, and especially if you are innocent of the original charges.  You obey the commands of the police officer, you bail yourself out, and you let your attorney figure it out later.

No argument here.

Like I said, I was relaying that the article I read at lunch time stated witnesses said he did nothing prior to resisting arrest.

I don't condone anything he did after.
Reply/Quote
Quote:CINCINNATI (WKRC) - Bengals cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones was arrested downtown on W. Eighth Street near Garfield Place Tuesday. A judge ordered him held on $37,500 bond on charges of obstructing official business, disorderly conduct, assault and harassment with a bodily substance for allegedly spitting on someone while being processed at the Hamilton County Justice Center.

I decided to read the charges and gotta admit that they made me laugh. "Assault and harassment with a bodily substance" for spitting on someone. OMG has our society become a bunch of pantie wearing &$^@*$(@&($(&@@^&#^$%$&%@$$#%&#%%#^$*^#$*^!$((%))@^$&%!%$%^#%$#&!.

On the serious side, as someone mentioned, he sure is a magnet for trouble.

Reply/Quote
Lol all these people saying cut him u really want wjii and den are or Shaw defending ab?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 04:03 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Lol all these people saying cut him u really want wjii and den are or Shaw defending ab?
They are going to be defending ab anyway, pac is getting suspended.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 04:03 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Lol all these people saying cut him u really want wjii and den are or Shaw defending ab?

No. Hopefully it's Kirkpatrick. 

Who I don't want defending AB is Pacman Jones. That would mean he's still on this team. I don't want to root for a POS that spits on nurse's. 

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 05:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No. Hopefully it's Kirkpatrick. 

Who I don't want defending AB is Pacman Jones. That would mean he's still on this team. I don't want to root for a POS that spits on nurse's. 

while that's bad strictly on the field if u cut pacman and we lose Dre k which is a legit possibility ur talking about Dennard and wjiii as our 2 starting corners.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 05:27 AM)Storer50 Wrote: They are going to be defending ab anyway, pac is getting suspended.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

source? 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 07:44 AM)Jpoore Wrote: while that's bad strictly on the field if u cut pacman and we lose Dre k which is a legit possibility ur talking about Dennard and wjiii as our 2 starting corners.

That's a typical Marvin philosophy. Afraid to change rather stick with the status quo. There are other players that can be had with that money.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 04:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: A "free out"?

He was not that bad this year.  With Dre a free agent Adam was a valuable asset for the bengals.

You misunderstand.

It's his 4 billionth strike. I'm pretty sure if it comes out this is all true, he'll probably be banned from the league. If he's shown the door, the contract is null and void, and we get all that money back with zero payout.

Thus, free out.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 08:12 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: That's a typical Marvin philosophy. Afraid to change rather stick with the status quo. There are other players that can be had with that money.

Like who? That is an upper echelon corner who will sign a 3 year 22 million but only 6 guaranteed 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 08:25 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You misunderstand.

It's his 4 billionth strike. I'm pretty sure if it comes out this is all true, he'll probably be banned from the league. If he's shown the door, the contract is null and void, and we get all that money back with zero payout.

Thus, free out.
According to attorney he vehemently Denies accusation 
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't necessarily call his performance last year upper echelon. Not bad/not great, but his play is going in the wrong direction that's for sure. Coupled with his off field antics he just isn't worth the trouble. Even though he does show great passion. Just what would he have to do to be cut in your opinion? How many chances does a guy get? Are you only concerned with on field production no matter what happens outside the lines? Is that the way we should approach this?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 06:05 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: He needs to go. Would have been nice to know what we have in WJ3 right about now wouldn't it?

Complete HS. Jackson coming off of a training camp injury with a torn pec is not going to perform anywhere near well enough for us "to see what we have in him", regardless of Jones' situation....
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 11:54 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I decided to read the charges and gotta admit that they made me laugh. "Assault and harassment with a bodily substance" for spitting on someone. OMG has our society become a bunch of pantie wearing &$^@*$(@&($(&@@^&#^$%$&%@$$#%&#%%#^$*^#$*^!$((%))@^$&%!%$%^#%$#&!.

On the serious side, as someone mentioned, he sure is a magnet for trouble.

I guess you don't mind getting spit on in this day and age of hepatitis, HIV, antibiotic resistant TB, etc..... (and yes, I realize HIV is not carried in saliva, unless there is blood in it, which in the case of someone resisting arrest is often the case.)
Reply/Quote
Bottom line: I don't care how good Jones has done, I don't want to relive 2007. I want to root for an organization that prides itself in having integrity. He has been given plenty of second chances. I'm sure some other desperate team will sign him after he serves his suspension.
Reply/Quote
He gone... No way you keep him after this.

Only thing this does is bolster Dre Kirkpatrick's value. We are really going to have to overpay him now, then again we could tag him.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote