Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Jones decision by 3-14
He gone.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 04:47 PM)treee Wrote: That'd leave Shaw as the full time 3CB right? That's a risky move. He's shown potential for sure, but I don't know about relying on him completely.

Risky yes, but Dre's penalties cost us severely when it comes to W&L's. That guy can lose us a game in a heartbeat, and then walk off the field laughing about it. I've seen it, it's in my claw forever. He needs to go IMO, but that"s my hatred for his attitude I must deal with. God I'm going to have an aneurysm if they ever re-sign this cat. He is a lazy moron. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We know the hard-on Mike Brown has for Pacman.

I'd bet anything Pacman is back next year
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 05:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The minute they cut Jones and trade Kirkpatrick, you can bet we will have at least 2 other CB's injured and all of a sudden there's a problem at Corner.,

Yikes! Well, crap. I want Dre gone worse than Pacman.

(02-23-2018, 06:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Don't know but I got a feeling it's going to be our record next year (we'll lose the bye week, too). Ninja

Oh Philhos. You silly goose! We aint that bad, yet!

(02-23-2018, 06:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Cut him and resign him might be an option

This ^^^. Could have a great returner cheap. We are great at cutting and resigning.  Cool

(02-23-2018, 07:05 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: You have all off season to fill the void. 

Bottom line: 15 million for kirkpatrick and jones is not money well spent. 

Agreed. Get rid of Dre and if needed, keep Pacman. He may have off-field issues but he plays smarter on the field. He's just lost a step.

(02-23-2018, 08:34 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Let's hope it's the right one which is get rid of him.

High 5!

Reply/Quote
Pacman should definitely be gone, but cutting Dre is wishful thinking. As much as I think that contract looks like a mistake, the Bengals don't cut bait like that. We'll be loyal through the duration of his contract.

Fwiw, I think we could easily survive getting rid of both. WJIII, Dennard, Shaw and Keivarae Russell make a fine 1-4 IMO...plus we could draft someone.

Dre definitely ain't going anywhere though, and I wouldn't bet on Pacman being gone either, tbh. It wouldn't completely floor me if we didn't pick up the option, but I'd be mildly surprised.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Dennard and Jackson are starting to hit their stride, and shouldn't be held back. I'd love to see Jones stay as a returner. I don't have the confidence in Erickson that some of you have.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 04:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If you cut DK and don't pick up Jones's option, that likely would result in the Bengals drafting a CB in the first round.
Heck, the Bengals might draft a CB in the first round anyway as insurance in case Dennard doesn't get extended and leaves in FA next year.

If you look at who might be available at 12, CB seems like a pretty likely scenario.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Is that money worth it to keep Jones on the sideline as a player coach / returner at key situations / corner depth insurance policy?

Dude's got a lot of knowledge he can use to help coach up the young guys.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 09:32 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Is that money worth it to keep Jones on the sideline as a player coach / returner at key situations / corner depth insurance policy?

Dude's got a lot of knowledge he can use to help coach up the young guys.

That a great point. But can we get him cheaper by releasing and taking the risk he doesn't get signed? It's a pretty big gamble.

Reply/Quote
Cutting Kirkpatrick would account in 5.6 million in dead money. Not exactly worth it in this scenario.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown pays for loyalty. I think he keeps 'PacMan" and may give him an extension.
Reply/Quote
What should they do? Let him go.

What will they most likely do? Keep him around...cause...Bengals...

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I would not pay that,I'd cut him.but... there is no way they let him go,that's marvins son he never had.
Reply/Quote
Vote to send Pacman packing !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
But not because I want MB to save money since he will just pocket it most likely.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 03:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: With A Jones getting older and we still have erikson as a returner...   This could be it....  It was a good run he played really well his time here.

Erickson blows.   Cant think of anytime he returned a  past the 25 yardline.   Also had like 5 muffs/fumbles on punts.   Only good thing we got in the return game was when Jones was in.  
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 10:05 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: That a great point. But can we get him cheaper by releasing and taking the risk he doesn't get signed? It's a pretty big gamble.

Nope, I have little doubt he would be picked up immediately, if for no other reason his return skills. We lost a lot of knowledge at Safety when we let RN walk out the door, we will lose even more at CB if we let Jones leave.  I don't think he should start anymore, but his abilities as a player/coach and returner warrant keeping him. If they can renegotiate a deal with him, I'm all for it.
Reply/Quote
Keep him. Let him be the full time returner and a back up CB.

We have enough issues already. No need to add CB to the list of needs
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 05:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The minute they cut Jones and trade Kirkpatrick, you can bet we will have at least 2 other CB's injured and all of a sudden there's a problem at Corner.,

WJIII and Dennard hurt.

That leaves Shaw, Bene, and Russell. That's still quality depth and a backup plan.

I'm not for cutting/trading Kirkpatrick. But 10000% behind getting rid of Adam Jones
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
This team is better with Pacman
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote