Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Jones decision by 3-14
(02-24-2018, 04:23 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: WJIII and Dennard hurt.

That leaves Shaw, Bene, and Russell. That's still quality depth and a backup plan.

I'm not for cutting/trading Kirkpatrick. But 10000% behind getting rid of Adam Jones

Bene was traded to dallas last year
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2018, 04:23 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: WJIII and Dennard hurt.

That leaves Shaw, Bene, and Russell. That's still quality depth and a backup plan.

I'm not for cutting/trading Kirkpatrick. But 10000% behind getting rid of Adam Jones

Agree with this 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 04:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'll be disappointed if Jones's option is exercised because the Bengals could really use that money to improve other positions.
Now if you want to talk about Jones coming back on a deal worth only a few million a year for 1-2 years and playing a backup role, I'd be fine with that.

Although if I'm Adam Jones and the team declines the option, I'd probably be more inclined to take a cheaper contract with Minnesota given they are closer to winning a championship.
Plus, Zimmer is my guy.

This is what i believe as well. Don't excercise the option, let him go and test waters while we test the OL pool.

If he comes back on a deal that is fair where he is a returner and backup Corner i am fine with it.

MJ's deal needs to be restructured as well if he comes back.

We need this money for O-line help and these guy's replacements are already here.
Reply/Quote
I'd like us to move on, but Mike Brown won't let him go. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 02:34 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'd like us to move on, but Mike Brown won't let him go. 

He somehow wormed his way into Mike's heart and we all know what a safe, warm place that is.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2018, 08:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This team is better with Pacman

I agree with this but absolutely not at the expense of snaps for WJIII.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
C'mon ..they're still waiting for Jones to kick a cop to have Mikey stand up for him and tell us why investing in the future hinges on his good off season behavior. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 06:35 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Should have been cut last year after he got arrested for the hundred time and should be cut this year. $5.78 million is too much for a 35 year old number 4 corner on a team that is rebuilding. Much rather spend the money on a free agent.

THIS^^^^
Reply/Quote
Adam Jones was a great Bengal — and one of the reasons Mike Zimmer was so successful here. However, I’m more impressed with William Jackson III and Darqueze Dennard. Adam mentored them well but it’s time to move on. The students have become the masters.
Reply/Quote
Cut AJ. No reason to take on that contract. Age, quality play and risk of play. It makes sense to cut him now and put younger, more talented players in. Money is better spent elsewhere.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 08:01 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Adam Jones was a great Bengal — and one of the reasons Mike Zimmer was so successful here.  However, I’m more impressed with William Jackson III and Darqueze Dennard.  Adam mentored them well but it’s time to move on.  The students have become the masters.

I have a hard time getting rid of a guy for what he does in his personal life. Like I would have a rough time firing someone in my company for something they did when they were on their own time. All I care about is what they do when on the job. Adam however, he's been pretty aggressive on the field and has lost a step. I think he could make a good coach because he knows football. Heck, even when he became slower, he seemed to contain AB! That is not an easy task.

Reply/Quote
He was a solid Bengals despite his ups and downs he did a good job here it’s a shame we couldn’t win a playoff game but it’s time to move on there’s no real logic in paying him that much to be our 4th best cb even with depth concerns for DD and dkps inconsistency it’d make more sense to move on draft a guy mid rounds to groom
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
should have been cut years ago
Reply/Quote
I've never been a Jones hater, but I think his time here is up. Jackson and Dennard have proven that they can play, and Kirkpatrick is almost certainly going to maintain his starting role. I think it's tough to justify keeping a 4th corner on at his salary, although it is the Bengals, so you never know.
Reply/Quote
as was said in Frozen......"Let him go, let him go....your washed up and slow.....let him go, let him go....you get burned on a stop and go......"
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2018, 08:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This team is better with Pacman

This is sarcasm right?
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 11:58 AM)motoarch Wrote: This is sarcasm right?

You know, I've suggest Kirkpatrick at Safety, but the more that I think about it, Jones would make even more sense there. His loss of a step becomes negligible and the fact that he studies so hard is multiplied.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2018, 02:04 PM)phil413 Wrote: That's enough for an average Offensive Lineman, that would go a long way toward Dalton's sanity.

This. 

I like Adam Jones. He plays with passion. But I think it's time to move on.
Reply/Quote
Jones has helped the team over the years but it is time to use that money elsewhere in my book.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2018, 07:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is what i believe as well. Don't excercise the option, let him go and test waters while we test the OL pool.

If he comes back on a deal that is fair where he is a returner and backup Corner i am fine with it.

MJ's deal needs to be restructured as well if he comes back.

We need this money for O-line help and these guy's replacements are already here.

Unless it happens this way

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote