Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Jones fined 35K
(09-16-2015, 03:12 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: PFT actually brought up a very good point on both Suh and Jones.
You will see the higher fines because they want to avoid the independent arbitrator so close to the Brady ruling and risk losing another suspension case.
Fines are much harder to over turn. 

True, but at the end of the day, it still would have been the usual $5-$20k fine if the league felt it wasn't a big deal as some like to suggest.

I'm just saying that it seems the league is putting his actions into a different category than the typical roughing the passer fines among the other that are similar to that. People have been running around the boards saying it's "just football, man!" when obviously it isn't, or else he'd have been slapped with a $15k-ish fine and that would have been about all.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 03:10 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: No he wasn't.
He was rolled up on during the tackle of Cooper. 
Leon was the one who got hit after the whistle.

So....that justifies chicken shit post-whistle attacks? No. It means grow a pair and hit them between the whistles. 
And it didn't end Rivers' career. 
Rivers was never the same. And regardless who it was they attacked first.  And I have no problem with players finishing it. Starting it ok. Finishing it. Well done Jones.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 03:16 PM)djs7685 Wrote: True, but at the end of the day, it still would have been the usual $5-$20k fine if the league felt it wasn't a big deal as some like to suggest.

I'm just saying that it seems the league is putting his actions into a different category than the typical roughing the passer fines among the other that are similar to that. People have been running around the boards saying it's "just football, man!" when obviously it isn't, or else he'd have been slapped with a $15k-ish fine and that would have been about all.

Oh I'm 100% with you.

It was clearly on the wrong side of "the line". 

Just saying why there was possibly no suspension, for those using that as a reason it wasn't that bad. 
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 03:17 PM)jj22 Wrote: Rivers was never the same. And regardless who it was they attacked first.  And I have no problem with players finishing it.

It completely makes your first point irrelevant if it wasn't Iloka they "took out after the whistle" 

I think it's time we accept Rivers was never what we thought he was and in the end, that play didn't change him as much as we liked to think.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 02:57 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Why am I a joke? Because I use facts to back up my statements while all you do is run around with nothing to ever back up anything you say?

Seems like someone is super upset and taking things personally after being wrong about some recent arguments....

I like how you make a baseless claim about him being in trouble with the league, then I show you how he hasn't had issues outside of a horse collar tackle 3 years ago, and then you whine and start calling names when you're proven wrong. Pretty sure you could have just said "whoops, I guess I thought he was in more trouble in the past".

Yea pacman only league infraction was a horse collar tackle....Joke
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 03:19 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It completely makes your first point irrelevant if it wasn't Iloka they "took out after the whistle" 

I think it's time we accept Rivers was never what we thought he was and in the end, that play didn't change him as much as we liked to think.

Honestly I don't care one way or another. My point remains. Jones has my full support.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 03:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Yea pacman only league infraction was a horse collar tackle....Joke

Please list his other fines and suspensions as a member of the Cincinnati Bengals.

I won't hold my breath.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 03:21 PM)jj22 Wrote: Honestly I don't care one way or another. My point remains. Jones has my full support.

I'll remember that the next time a Bengals' player is hit like that. 
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 03:21 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Please list his other fines and suspensions as a member of the Cincinnati Bengals.

I won't hold my breath.

Because he only played for the bengals. Did the realized there was a statute of limitations on that stuff switch teams your record wiped clean.

Joke.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 03:23 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I'll remember that the next time a Bengals' player is hit like that. 

Do you remember jones getting punched in the throat twice by cooper leading up to the scuffle? Or I was that ok because the whistle hadn't blown? If a bengals player gets hit like that because of actions of their own or dirty play that the team started you won't hear a peep from me.

Sometimes it's hard to tel l this is a Bengals board.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 03:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: Do you remember jones getting punched in the throat twice by cooper leading up to the scuffle? Or I was that ok because the whistle hadn't blown?

Sometimes it's hard to tel l this is a Bengals board.

I can see logic and reasoning have left this argument long ago. 
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 03:23 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I'll remember that the next time a Bengals' player is hit like that. 

Exactly.  Imagine if James Harrison were to rip Dalton's helmet off, straddle him, and slam his head into the helmet.  These boards would go NUTS, and rightfully so.
And yes, I am almost certain that his past influenced the fine.  As it should have... how many times has he been disciplined in the past?
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 03:25 PM)Synric Wrote: Because he only played for the bengals. Did the realized there was a statute of limitations on that stuff switch teams your record wiped clean.

Joke.

So you honestly DO believe that the NFL sat down and said "listen, we were originally going to give this fella a $10k fine, but since he slapped a stripper 8 years ago....MAKE THAT SHIT $35K, BOOOOOOMMM!"

You're unbelievable, and as you say, a joke.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 03:38 PM)djs7685 Wrote: So you honestly DO believe that the NFL sat down and said "listen, we were originally going to give this fella a $10k fine, but since he slapped a stripper 8 years ago....MAKE THAT SHIT $35K, BOOOOOOMMM!"

You're unbelievable, and as you say, a joke.

Let's be real... he has done much more than "slap a stripper" eight years ago.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 03:30 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I can see logic and reasoning have left this argument long ago. 

Is that a "no" you don't remember? What part of the logic behind if someone starts something with you and you finish it I'll support you don't you get? Seriously?! It ain't rocket science.

Royal if someone hits you first and you hit back I'll support you. Period. And if you hurt that person then they shouldn't have messed with you.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 03:44 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Let's be real... he has done much more than "slap a stripper" eight years ago.

I'm all for being real.

I'm just sitting here waiting for ANYBODY to give me a good explanation of which past actions would cause the NFL to fine Adam Jones about $20k more than they would have had this not been a "big deal" as some have been suggesting. A typical on the field issue will usually cost you around $15k, give or take a few thousand. Not $35k.

Was it his appearance with TNA wrestling? Was it his 2012 horse collar tackle? What was it? Instead of everybody hurling insults with zero substance in their posts, can somebody just give me a good reason why the fine was higher than all but 1 on-field incident from 2014??? Can anybody do that?

Not trying to go off on you specifically here, but this is getting ridiculous with nobody just giving me a good reason if this is such a simple issue.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 03:57 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I'm all for being real.

I'm just sitting here waiting for ANYBODY to give me a good explanation of which past actions would cause the NFL to fine Adam Jones about $20k more than they would have had this not been a "big deal" as some have been suggesting. A typical on the field issue will usually cost you around $15k, give or take a few thousand. Not $35k.

Was it his appearance with TNA wrestling? Was it his 2012 horse collar tackle? What was it? Instead of everybody hurling insults with zero substance in their posts, can somebody just give me a good reason why the fine was higher than all but 1 on-field incident from 2014??? Can anybody do that?

Not trying to go off on you specifically here, but this is getting ridiculous with nobody just giving me a good reason if this is such a simple issue.

I don't think they thought it was "no big deal".  I honestly think they had to come down hard.  They can't have that stuff going on, especially with the emphasis on player safety.  I would not have been surprised at all if he would have been given a one game suspension to go along with the fine.
Are you really going to say that the strip club incident was the only time he has been in trouble though?  How many times has he been arrested, convicted, party to a law suit??  This is the guy who got into a fight with the body guards Jerry Jones hired to keep him from getting into fights and other legal trouble...
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 04:02 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I don't think they thought it was "no big deal".  I honestly think they had to come down hard.  They can't have that stuff going on, especially with the emphasis on player safety.  I would not have been surprised at all if he would have been given a one game suspension to go along with the fine.
Are you really going to say that the strip club incident was the only time he has been in trouble though?  How many times has he been arrested, convicted, party to a law suit??  This is the guy who got into a fight with the body guards Jerry Jones hired to keep him from getting into fights and other legal trouble...

No, I'm not saying it was the absolute only issue, but it was the most recent issue that he suffered discipline for past the 2012 horse collar tackle.

He was fined and/or suspended 3 times. 2007 (bodyguards), 2008 (stripper), 2012 (horse collar tackle fine).

I'm just saying that using the facts here of what he has been involved with in his career, the fact that this fine is $35 mil instead of $15 mil has much more to do with the severity of THIS occurrence and has very, very little to do with stuff that happened 7-8 years ago.
Reply/Quote
He is lucky he wasn't suspended. The dude slammed another dudes head against a helmet. He is lucky that Cooper didn't get hurt or he would have had a huge suspension like Albert Haynesworth had in 2006.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 04:04 PM)djs7685 Wrote: No, I'm not saying it was the absolute only issue, but it was the most recent issue that he suffered discipline for past the 2012 horse collar tackle.

He was fined and/or suspended 3 times. 2007 (bodyguards), 2008 (stripper), 2012 (horse collar tackle fine).

I'm just saying that using the facts here of what he has been involved with in his career, the fact that this fine is $35 mil instead of $15 mil has much more to do with the severity of THIS occurrence and has very, very little to do with stuff that happened 7-8 years ago.

I don't disagree.  I think the league took it seriously, but doubt they looked at this incident in a vacuum.  Chances are that his past history had some effect.
Reply/Quote