Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Adam Jones on DP Show: Brown was faking it
Any links to this avail?
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:38 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: That coach should have been flagged for grabbing burfict not Adam Jones.

Bufict and Adam Jones are 2 of the best pros we have on the team.

The Hit by Shazier should have been a flag... It doesnt matter if he was a runner you cant launch with the top of your helmet.

Burfict lowered his shoulder and brown lowered his head...

They sure are two of the best performers at the professional level, that's for sure.

Many label "professional" as someone who does not offend, show anger, etc while on the job. I think people need to understand that "professional" simply means being paid in some way, shape, or form to do a task. Anyone who has been in a professional establishment should know that people show emotions (good and bad) all the time and are kept employed and occasionally even rewarded despite outbursts, incidents, etc.

There are also plenty of people who say they would NEVER act that way if they were in the same position and making that much money. However, no one saying that really has any idea what was said/done to set someone off or what it's even like to play a sport at the professional level.

People need to accept that it's human nature to show emotions and some show/have more passion and emotion than others.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:06 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I may be wrong on this, but I do think that there are some other requirements that are important in the defenseless receiver rule.

One the defender must be launching or leading with his helmet.  Which Burfict didn't do.

I will have to check though and even so if that is the rule, I couldn't fault the refs for throwing the flag.

"Beginning in 2015, defenseless player protections are expanded to the intended receiver of a pass following an interception or potential interception. A receiver who is clearly tracking the football and is in a defenseless posture will receive defenseless player protections. It will be a foul to hit this player forcibly in the head or neck area, or use the crown or hairline parts of the helmet. Violations result in a 15-yard penalty that will be enforced after the change of possession."

[Image: abhit.0.0.gif]

Burfict hits him in the head as his second foot is just coming down after tracking the ball.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Brown is supposedly already out of concussion protocol. This is certainly suspicious.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:06 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I may be wrong on this, but I do think that there are some other requirements that are important in the defenseless receiver rule.

One the defender must be launching or leading with his helmet.  Which Burfict didn't do.

I will have to check though and even so if that is the rule, I couldn't fault the refs for throwing the flag.

It used to be that only helmet to helmet hits were illegal. They changed the rule to include any hits to the head. Shoulder, forearm, etc. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Since Clown was supposedly knocked the F out - he should be on a mandatory week off list from the NFL.

Oh that's right, the NFL only pretends to care about brain injuries, plus given the Stealers long history of
"win at any cost" they'll stick him out there, concussed or not.

Their 70's teams were genetically engineered...now they're either dead or have jelly brains.
Reply/Quote
If Brown plays vs the Broncos then he was faking it.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:31 PM)Rattler Wrote: Since Clown was supposedly knocked the F out - he should be on a mandatory week off list from the NFL.

Oh that's right, the NFL only pretends to care about brain injuries, plus given the Stealers long history of

Their 70's teams were genetically engineered...now they're either dead or have jelly brains.

Really, every ring they have is tainted in one way or another.    Of course, they don't care, since no one is taking any of them away.   It's their legacy, it's their identity.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Found this:

http://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/new-rules-for-the-2015-16-season/

It does say hitting a WR that is tracking the ball and the penalty is to hit the WR forcibly in the head or neck area. So I can definitely see the penalty being called.

Here is the NFL definition of a defenseless WR.

A receiver attempting to catch a pass; or who has comp
leted a catch and has not had time to
protect himself or has not clearly become a runner. If
the receiver/runner is capable of avoiding or
warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he
is no longer a defenseless player

Here is an interesting tidbit for the why Shazier should've been penalized:

If a player uses any part of his helmet (including
the top/crown and forehead/”hairline” parts) or
facemask to butt, spear, or ram an opponent violently
or unnecessarily.

This is the part that I am thinking of:

if a player illegally launches into a defenseless opponent. It is an illegal launch if a player (1) leaves both feet prior to contact to spring forward and upward into his opponent, and (2) uses any part of his helmet (including the top/crown and forehead/”hairline” parts) to initiate forcible contact against any part of his opponent’s body.

This kind of shows that Burfict may not have been in the wrong. He didn't launch or leave his feet and he didn't lead with the helmet. However if you look at the update, it does include hitting with the shoulder, but it doesn't look like it was clear on if launching or leaving the ground was a requirement.

Bottom line: It is hard to argue that a flag should NOT have been thrown. I can agree that a flag was thrown, it was a costly penalty and that should have been that.

However, Porter being in our defensive huddle, mouthing off is in clear violation of the rules and the Steelers should have been penalized 15 yards. You could argue that there were 2 fouls on the play, both for 15 yards, however I am not sure if they stack. If they do then that would have been 30 yards (though still 1st and 10), if not then one penalty declined the other accepted, puts the ball right back where it was before Burfict's hit.

If the officials got that right and the Bengals win, then we would be giving Porter the game ball.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:31 PM)Rattler Wrote: Since Clown was supposedly knocked the F out - he should be on a mandatory week off list from the NFL.

Case in point is Bradshaw, whose brains are so jelly, it hasn't registered that the rest of him is already dead.
Reply/Quote
Having dealt with concussions with my daughter I can tell you there is no way he will be cleared to play if the league does what it supposed to do. If he plays I think he's full of crap!
Reply/Quote
All this does in ensure the next time burfict or any player will just take him out with a real hit instead of letting up.

So much for player safety.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:36 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: So what if he was faking it? Still was a hit to the head and Burfict never should have done it, unprofessional. Pacman never should have lost his shit on the coach, again unprofessional. Don't care what the other team does act like a pro, Burfict/Pacman are not pros.

https://youtu.be/UFuoY0Tw-VI

Two wrongs don't make a right.  I already started a thread about the rule changes vs mentality!

Lewis is considered a media darling and one of the best linebackers of all time. Rules change but does the mentality?  I don't think so.  Here's some more of Ray:

https://youtu.be/0nmgR-7lPdM
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:40 PM)BengirlVal Wrote: Having dealt with concussions with my daughter I can tell you there is no way he will be cleared to play if the league does what it supposed to do. If he plays I think he's full of crap!

Steelers cleared him from protocol. Which is why the concussion protocol is a complete sham and should be scrapped.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: All this does in ensure the next time burfict or any player will just take him out with a real hit instead of letting up.  

So much for player safety.

Burfict should have chopped him off at the knees since that is now acceptable by the NFL to avoid anything near the head. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:45 PM)Rattler Wrote: Burfict should have chopped him off at the knees since that is now acceptable by the NFL to avoid anything near the head. 

That will come. Once they start watching Tez for every little hit high he will adjust and take knees out. Will be his only choice if they will flag him for chest hits.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:25 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: "Beginning in 2015, defenseless player protections are expanded to the intended receiver of a pass following an interception or potential interception. A receiver who is clearly tracking the football and is in a defenseless posture will receive defenseless player protections. It will be a foul to hit this player forcibly in the head or neck area, or use the crown or hairline parts of the helmet. Violations result in a 15-yard penalty that will be enforced after the change of possession."

[Image: abhit.0.0.gif]

Burfict hits him in the head as his second foot is just coming down after tracking the ball.

Look closer... Brown can see Burfict coming.  The rule doesn't apply if the receiver can defend himself, he saw Burfict with enough time to defend himself.  Being on the ground is not a requirement for the ability to defend yourself.

Bang, bang play... I agree with the flag.  However, looking at this video slowed down, I do see a moment with Brown in the air turned toward Burfict and seeing him.  Brown makes no effort to pick his head up and looks to be lowering it into the shoulder of Burfict, which by rule Brown is supposed to do.

A receiver attempting to catch a pass; or who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a runner. If the receiver/runner is capable of avoiding or warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player;
Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/UFuoY0Tw-VI
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:51 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: https://youtu.be/UFuoY0Tw-VI

Yep... leading with his helmet and launching.  2 things that Burfict didn't do.

Now there was an update.  Still can't tell if leaving the ground is still a requirement or if that was changed to any contact to the head no matter if on the ground or not.
Reply/Quote
So I guess 2 years In a row we knock each other out of the playoffs.

Big Jen seperated shoulder can't help their chances.
Reply/Quote