Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Adam Jones on DP Show: Brown was faking it
Regardless of if he was faking it, Pacman has to be smart enough to walk away. Porter has a reputation for saying things and trying to start skirmishes going back to his playing days. If I know this, how does Jones not know this? He seems to let his emotions get the better of him, and I am willing to be the other teams know they can egg him on.

All of this goes back to Marvin Lewis though. This has been an undisciplined team going back to the 2005 season. He is obviously not capable of getting control of some of these guys.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 02:07 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Regardless of if he was faking it, Pacman has to be smart enough to walk away.  Porter has a reputation for saying things and trying to start skirmishes going back to his playing days.  If I know this, how does Jones not know this?  He seems to let his emotions get the better of him, and I am willing to be the other teams know they can egg him on.

All of this goes back to Marvin Lewis though.  This has been an undisciplined team going back to the 2005 season.  He is obviously not capable of getting control of some of these guys.

Why should Pacman have to walk away from the defense's huddle?

Sorry, Pacman isn't the one in the wrong here.  Porter was in violation of the rules and the officials missed it.  It is one thing if it just slipped their mind, but when the players are pleading and stating that it is against the rules for him to be there, then that should have jogged the memory of the officials and the correct call should have been made.  At worst offsetting penalties, at best and a more correct call.... the refs realize that Porter is illegally on the field which is a 15 yarder.  Not sure if dead ball penalties can stack, if they can, then another 15 yards for taunting, which is what he was doing.  Though the down and distance would still be 1st and 10 and not 1st and 15 or 1st and 30.
Reply/Quote
In case anyone missed the interview. I found this

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 02:21 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Why should Pacman have to walk away from the defense's huddle?

Sorry, Pacman isn't the one in the wrong here.  Porter was in violation of the rules and the officials missed it.  It is one thing if it just slipped their mind, but when the players are pleading and stating that it is against the rules for him to be there, then that should have jogged the memory of the officials and the correct call should have been made.  At worst offsetting penalties, at best and a more correct call.... the refs realize that Porter is illegally on the field which is a 15 yarder.  Not sure if dead ball penalties can stack, if they can, then another 15 yards for taunting, which is what he was doing.  Though the down and distance would still be 1st and 10 and not 1st and 15 or 1st and 30.

He needs to walk away because as soon as he makes contact with an official, that is going to be a foul.  No questions asked, he is going to get a penalty.  Just curious, why do you think they were simply "reminding" the refs he was not allowed to be there and not taking part in the verbal jousting?  With Pacman, I honestly find it difficult to believe that he was not responding to what Porter said.  Is Porter wrong? Most definitely, but our players have to stop falling for stuff like this.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:56 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Intent doesn't matter in this game.  A penalty is a penalty is a penalty.  It doesn't matter if Shazier intended to harm Benard, what matters is that outside of the tackle box neither side can dip their head and lead with the crown of the helmet and deliver it forcibly onto the body.  Especially to the head and neck area.

Just like the intent of Burfict isn't important either.  He struck the head and neck area of a defenseless receiver.  Now it could be argued that Burfict's was "incidental" since contact may have been unavoidable, and he didn't lead with his helmet or even launch into the WR.  However, I don't really have a problem with the call.  I don't like it, but was fine with it.  Jones' penalty was BS though and I am not fine with that one, there is a rule that prohibits coaches from coming onto the field without express permission from the ref.  Even with permission there is a rule that an opposing coach can't use abusive language toward the opposing players.  Taunting is also a penalty and that is exactly what Porter was doing by being in OUR huddle.  It isn't like we were right next to Brown, we were huddled far enough that Porter just being in the huddle should have been flagged.

That's the problem, because it does matter.

It shouldn't. But it does.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 02:35 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: That's the problem, because it does matter.

It shouldn't. But it does.

It doesn't matter. Pacman won't be here next year anyways.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 02:33 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: He needs to walk away because as soon as he makes contact with an official, that is going to be a foul.  No questions asked, he is going to get a penalty.  Just curious, why do you think they were simply "reminding" the refs he was not allowed to be there and not taking part in the verbal jousting?  With Pacman, I honestly find it difficult to believe that he was not responding to what Porter said.  Is Porter wrong? Most definitely, but our players have to stop falling for stuff like this.

It wasn't just Pacman, but all of the players were stating to the officials after the flag was thrown that Porter wasn't supposed to be there.  Even if they didn't know the rule in it's entirety.  The officials should and being asked, "Why is he even on the field or in our huddle?" should be enough to bring the rule to the official's memory and he should be able to recall that what Porter was doing was wrong and worthy of a penalty.

You can just tell that they were pleading their case.

At worst off setting penalties, which would have put the ball in FG range, but it would have been a much longer attempt and that would have made the Steelers decide...

Should we just kick it now and maybe miss or do we take a shot at getting closer? 

They take a shot, then we could get a TO, since it is likely to be a pass, a sack at that point would take them out of FG range and the clock would still be running.

If they elect to kick from that distance then the chances of missing is greatly increased due to the weather, or the pressure of the kick itself, the pressure that our players bring toward the kicker, the trajectory would also have to change to account for the distance and Dunlap is tall enough to get a paw on it.

If they make the kick, then good for them, less complaints from Bengals fans.  No thinking that the refs gave the win to the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
Pacman is the gift that just keeps on giving. Please shut up. Says brown should win a Grammy for his acting job. Smfh
Reply/Quote
So you think Brown didn't act on that hit? Someone hasn't seen the hit on replay. Where are all these noobie posters coming from?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 07:33 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: So you think Brown didn't act on that hit? Someone hasn't seen the hit on replay. Where are all these noobie posters coming from?

Bengals fans like to complain.  I know a guy who does a local radio show here.  He says his phone lines are crickets after they win.  They blow up after losses.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The team just let Pitt get into their heads again. it worked the last time they played so why wouldnt Pitt do it again especially when they find out that its going to be the same refs. Thats where i place blame on the NFL, WTF are they thinking putting the same crew together for this game when they had no control over the last one. As for Burfict, he is a freakin lunatic! what the hell was running into the tunnel all about after the Int? Marvin should have sat him on that last drive cause he had to know he was out of control by then and that Pitt would find a way to exploit that. As for Jones, Seeing Porter out there smiling knowing he was getting the refs to do just what Tomlin sent him out to do made me want to punch him. So I dont blame this on Pac Man. It should have been off setting penalties, replay of down. But at the end of the day, with the "talent" on this team, home field advantage etc. we should have played better in the first 3 quarters not to put ourselves in a position for something like this to happen.
Reply/Quote
Antonio Brown is still under the league's concussion protocol, contrary to what others have posted.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/01/report-steelers-antonio-brown-still-in-concussion-protocol/
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 08:18 PM)TKUHL Wrote: The team just let Pitt get into their heads again. it worked the last time they played so why wouldnt Pitt do it again especially when they find out that its going to be the same refs. Thats where i place blame on the NFL, WTF are they thinking putting the same crew together for this game when they had no control over the last one. As for Burfict, he is a freakin lunatic! what the hell was running into the tunnel all about after the Int? Marvin should have sat him on that last drive cause he had to know he was out of control by then and that Pitt would find a way to exploit that. As for Jones, Seeing Porter out there smiling knowing he was getting the refs to do just what Tomlin sent him out to do made me want to punch him. So I dont blame this on Pac Man. It should have been off setting penalties, replay of down. But at the end of the day, with the "talent" on this team, home field advantage etc. we should have played better in the first 3 quarters not to put ourselves in a position for something like this to happen.

why run all the way through the tunnel.   Now ESPN has a vontaze gump video showing them running to the tunnel with bear Bryant from the movie.  Salt in the wound is putting it mildly.  
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:58 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Doesn't matter. Still hit the head of a defenseless receiver. Period.

That gets a flag and rightfully so.

It matters because you've got all these people going around on message boards saying 'I hope Burfict get's hit by a car'. 

Reply/Quote
Burfict almost won the game for us. But damn he needs to control his anger on the field. I think he shouldnt have put himself in that situation for the refs to even think it was a dirty hit. Looks like he had time to pull up and not lower his helmet but it happens so fast on the field who knows. Maybe we can cut him so Denver can pick him up for the game this week. That would be awesome.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 08:18 PM)TKUHL Wrote: The team just let Pitt get into their heads again. it worked the last time they played so why wouldnt Pitt do it again especially when they find out that its going to be the same refs. Thats where i place blame on the NFL, WTF are they thinking putting the same crew together for this game when they had no control over the last one. As for Burfict, he is a freakin lunatic! what the hell was running into the tunnel all about after the Int? Marvin should have sat him on that last drive cause he had to know he was out of control by then and that Pitt would find a way to exploit that. As for Jones, Seeing Porter out there smiling knowing he was getting the refs to do just what Tomlin sent him out to do made me want to punch him. So I dont blame this on Pac Man. It should have been off setting penalties, replay of down. But at the end of the day, with the "talent" on this team, home field advantage etc. we should have played better in the first 3 quarters not to put ourselves in a position for something like this to happen.

So you think siting one of our best defenders at the end would be a "smart" move?

He was excited to get the INT... that should have been the game clincher.  Everyone would be celebrating Burfict and was about to give him the game ball.    Nothing wrong with showing some emotion right there thinking that the game was over. 

The NFL is definitely under suspicion for putting what can only be called an inept crew on the field. 

I have heard Steeler fans say that the league lets some plays go during the postseason since they don't want to influence the game, they smugly told me that I wouldn't understand since the Bengals don't go to the playoffs.  After last nights game, I now have a reply to that... The league doesn't let those types of plays go, they only do it for the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 08:45 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: So you think siting one of our best defenders at the end would be a "smart" move?

He was excited to get the INT... that should have been the game clincher.  Everyone would be celebrating Burfict and was about to give him the game ball.    Nothing wrong with showing some emotion right there thinking that the game was over. 

The NFL is definitely under suspicion for putting what can only be called an inept crew on the field. 

I have heard Steeler fans say that the league lets some plays go during the postseason since they don't want to influence the game, they smugly told me that I wouldn't understand since the Bengals don't go to the playoffs.  After last nights game, I now have a reply to that... The league doesn't let those types of plays go, they only do it for the Steelers.

Yes I do. And im sure most people will agree now that they wish he was not on the field the last drive. I get that he was excited but to think the game was over enough at that point to run to the tunnel was not a SMART move, should have been a flag there. After that he was not a player using his head ( no pun intended ) he was a liability. Of course its easy to look back and say these things now but everyone knew Pitt would do whatever it took to get him to do something stupid. Im not defending Pitt, I hate them as much as Terrorist, i know that sounds F$#KED UP but its the truth and I've always been a huge Burfict fan but i cant defend him on that bonehead play. The whole game was a cluster **** by both sides and the refs.
Reply/Quote
Brown wasn't hit in the head. I watched and re watched that hit...He flopped and that's it. IMHO anyway.
Reply/Quote
Nah, Brown got his bell rung for sure.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 09:03 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Yes I do. And im sure most people will agree now that they wish he was not on the field the last drive. I get that he was excited but to think the game was over enough at that point to run to the tunnel was not a SMART move, should have been a flag there. After that he was not a player using his head ( no pun intended ) he was a liability. Of course its easy to look back and say these things now but everyone knew Pitt would do whatever it took to get him to do something stupid. Im not defending Pitt, I hate them as much as Terrorist, i know that sounds F$#KED UP but its the truth and I've always been a huge Burfict fan but i cant defend him on that bonehead play. The whole game was a cluster **** by both sides and the refs.

Those "most" people are wrong then.  Burfict not being out there was not what cost us this game.  If you don't want to lay the blame on Hill then lay the blame on the true culprits.  The officials,  they didn't call a fair game, at all.  If they called a consistent game, we more than likely win the game.

The Steelers didn't "set him up to do something stupid", Williams was called for a hit earlier, the officials called 2 hits against us, that lead to points for them.  Yet when Eifert had a hit on him.... nothing.... Bernard.... nothing.

All of this blaming Burfict is silly.  Blaming Jones is stupid. 

Hill is the true culprit here, because even though the refs were obviously calling a 1 way game, we still had a chance to win it, but he refused to play smart.  All game long he doesn't show up.  The game is over and NOW he wants to run hard?  That was completely stupid of him.  Once he fumbled the ball, I knew we lost, was there hope?  Sure, we had Burfict and Jones out there.  However instead of making it a fair ending the officials gave the win to the Steelers.
Reply/Quote