Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Jones should go
(12-13-2016, 01:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Stop. Mike Brown did not overpay Jones, he paid him a fair deal for the quality of football Jones was playing.

Pacman had the one big year and Mike Brown over reacted.  Mike Brown who is often cheap, cheap, cheap......Maybe Zimmer was leaving to Minnesota because certainly Zimmer would have told Mike that Pacman was brought in to help, but do not resign Pacman this much and get rid of Nelson, Hall and Kirkparick in 12 months time to make up for the Pacman contract. Pacman never was and never will be better than those 3 combined....Mike Brown sucks, and that is all there is to it. ....I've said it before, Mike Brown is no Paul Brown. At one time we had the son of Paul Brown and the son of Don Shula and we were awful, the apples falling too far from the trees. This team has not won a play-off game since Paul Brown died.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Sorry, Pac has had not one, but several very productive years, and he was paid fairly. You're blinded by your hatred. And Kirkpatrick is not gone....saw him play Sunday.
Reply/Quote
I think Pacman's deal is up next year. It's not a long deal. It just seems that way because of his age.

No way in hell they let Dre walk.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2016, 02:19 PM)jason Wrote: I think Pacman's deal is up next year. It's not a long deal. It just seems that way because of his age.

Correct, it was just a 3 year deal.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2016, 01:18 PM)Crowe Wrote: "Ghetto" and "trash" do not necessarily mean poor bud. I know plenty of people who are ghetto and/or trash who came from good backgrounds/upbringings/neighborhoods. Adam Jones is what he is.

noun, plural ghettos, ghettoes.
a section of a city, especially a thickly populated slum area, inhabited predominantly by members of an ethnic or other minority group, often as a result of social or economic restrictions, pressures, or hardships.

Calling him ghetto trash just makes you come off as a racist prick.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2016, 02:00 PM)kevin Wrote: Pacman had the one big year and Mike Brown over reacted.  Mike Brown who is often cheap, cheap, cheap......Maybe Zimmer was leaving to Minnesota because certainly Zimmer would have told Mike that Pacman was brought in to help, but do not resign Pacman this much and get rid of Nelson, Hall and Kirkparick in 12 months time to make up for the Pacman contract. Pacman never was and never will be better than those 3 combined....Mike Brown sucks, and that is all there is to it. ....I've said it before, Mike Brown is no Paul Brown.  At one time we had the son of Paul Brown and the son of Don Shula and we were awful, the apples falling too far from the trees. This team has not won a play-off game since Paul Brown died.

Look at his numbers on PFF, he consistently grades out as one of the better corners. He earned every bit of his contract.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2016, 02:19 PM)jason Wrote: I think Pacman's deal is up next year. It's not a long deal. It just seems that way because of his age.

Pacman's deal is up after the 2018 season, but I believe he got the majority of his guaranteed money this year. So we'd save $6 million if we released him and have a small dead money penalty.

But we're not cutting him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Lol This dude made a thread last week saying trade AJ Green. This guy is the best kept joke on the board.

List of players the OP has said we should get rid of this season

AJ Green
Dalton
Hill
Jones
While offensive line
Whole defensive line
Burfict
Kirkpatrick

Screw it whole team

Bro every guy isn't JJ Watt. It's our coaches job to mesh the talent together.

The funniest stuff is the Atkins stuff tho. It's like he thinks Atkins is trash lol

Atkins gets double teammed every snap he plays. FACE IT HES NOT GONNA GET ALOT OF SACKS
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 02:46 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Curious why you would say he should go? Please explain?

Because Jones saying that to pryor was a microagression. Now rueben feels that is not appropriate and that NFL teams should provide a safe space for players who feel threatened.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2016, 05:02 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: noun, plural ghettos, ghettoes.
a section of a city, especially a thickly populated slum area, inhabited predominantly by members of an ethnic or other minority group, often as a result of social or economic restrictions, pressures, or hardships.

Calling him ghetto trash just makes you come off as a racist prick.

You assume that I called him ghetto because he's black, sorry bud, but I call ghetto people of every color ghetto, so no I'm not a racist prick and as far as your ***** definition goes, I'm not referring to a ghetto as in a part of town, but more so the lifestyle and culture by which the jack ass lives his life.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 09:56 AM)Crowe Wrote: You assume that I called him ghetto because he's black, sorry bud, but I call ghetto people of every color ghetto, so no I'm not a racist prick and as far as your ***** definition goes, I'm not referring to a ghetto as in a part of town, but more so the lifestyle and culture by which the jack ass lives his life.

Ok sure.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 11:24 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Ok sure.

Enjoy your holiday dude, not going to argue with you over what you might think about me because you don't like what I have to say about some player.

:andy:
Reply/Quote
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/The-gift/6fdd596d-0763-4efe-bc68-09151e914c98

:andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2016, 11:46 AM)Crowe Wrote: Please, the dude has a history of being a piece of shit. Don't try and come here like he's some kind of saint because he bought gifts for kids. And yes he's a piece of ghetto trash, the proofs in the pudding partner.  ThumbsUp

He has a history of really dumb arrests, I'm friends with the officer who arrested him with the notorious neckroll pick.

He's a nasty person to most.

But in 2015 he was a top 3 corner, which is why we resigned him.

2016 dunno, I'm still shocked after that reality show he was on and got roasted.. pros vs joes? I think it was lol. Wow he came along way after that embarrassing show
Reply/Quote
Seems Pryor agrees with Jones....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/terrelle-pryor-agrees-with-adam-jones-assessment-that-he-was-garbage/ar-AAlAw1H?li=BBnb7Kz
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 01:27 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: He has a history of really dumb arrests, I'm friends with the officer who arrested him with the notorious neckroll pick.

He's a nasty person to most.

But in 2015 he was a top 3 corner, which is why we resigned him.

2016 dunno, I'm still shocked after that reality show he was on and got roasted.. pros vs joes? I think it was lol. Wow he came along way after that embarrassing show

I agree that he is a nasty person and has a bad history. I've seen several of the videos of his run ins and then the way he behaves during games and in post-game interviews is straight trash, we don't even need to go into his past before he came to Cincy because it's even worse. While I think he's played well for us up until this year, I'm all for moving on from him after the season. I find it funny that someone said I sounded like a racist prick because I said Jones was ghetto trash because of the way he acts and talks. 

BTW I've never seen the pros vs joes, I might have to check that out.
Reply/Quote
Adam jones does not have to go. He is playing fine football. Honestly I'm amazed by the guy to have turned his life around from being a piece of trash to now being a good football player who stays out of trouble and is now a family man.

He is still one of our 2 best corners and in a ideal world he could be the #2 CB while a dre took over #1 duties.

Adam jones and vontaz, for all their trouble, are about the only 2 people on this team that will do their best to will that defense to victory. It has cost the bengals... Dearly but the book has not been completely written yet.

This is a bad year, no doubt but this is still a good team, don't be surprised to see a quality team on the field next year and vontaz and jones will be part of the reason why. I do t care the the will be 34/35 he is a super freak athletically so even if he loses a step he was ahead of the 8-ball to begin, plus he has good instincts.

Plus Marvin doesn't care about age, look at Terrance Newman for an example.
Reply/Quote
The notion that football players actually represent a city more than say...mayor or anyone else for that matter is a flawed notion. They certainly don't set city policy unless they are actually elected like one former player, but very few take it to that level. 
Jones is Jones. I don't really care what comes out of his mouth most times and occasionally I actually agree with his assessment although not all of it.
The fact of the matter is he's paid to put warm butts in cold seats during games and he does just that. Nobody  would pay for a ticket to listen to his post game rants and if they did..well..enjoy it..
Football players in large part are very aggressive and violent people and we somehow expect them to become diplomatic right after going an hour or so through a game? Look, he's not running for president and his locker room banter shouldn't be more scrutinized more than say...a presidential candidate. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

With the cap supposed to rise by $10 million...they should be able to keep both Kirkpatrick and Zeitler...IF they desire to.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 09:29 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Adam jones does not have to go.  He is playing fine football.  Honestly I'm amazed by the guy to have turned his life around from being a piece of trash to now being a good football player who stays out of trouble and is now a family man.

He is still one of our 2 best corners and in a ideal world he could be the #2 CB while a dre took over #1 duties.

Adam jones and vontaz, for all their trouble, are about the only 2 people on this team that will do their best to will that defense to victory. It has cost the bengals... Dearly but the book has not been completely written yet.

This is a bad year, no doubt but this is still a good team, don't be surprised to see a quality team on the field next year and vontaz and jones will be part of the reason why.  I do t care the the will be 34/35 he is a super freak athletically so even if he loses a step he was ahead of the 8-ball to begin, plus he has good instincts.  

Plus Marvin doesn't care about age, look at Terrance Newman for an example.

You gotta admit...a lot of the problem children that came to the Bengals were way more under control once here: Jones, Tank Johnson, Benson, etc.

Burfict isn't an off-the-field problem. His issues have been control on the field.
Reply/Quote