Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adams for Higgins?
I usually don't post about wild speculation topics, but this idea is actually kind of interesting to at least think about:

'CINCINNATI — The Bengals trading for Davante Adams? Fanbuzz's Senior NFL insider Matt Lombardo listed Cincinnati as one of the six top destinations for the elite Raiders wide receiver.

Las Vegas is 1-2 this season and Adams has shown frustration with the team's start.

"Cincinnati might be a surprise to find on a list like this, especially given the long-term uncertainty surrounding Tee Higgins' future," Lombardo wrote. "The Bengals have a legitimate Super Bowl window as long as Joe Burrow is behind center and adding Adams could potentially widen it.

"The Bengals, even after making Burrow the highest-paid quarterback in league history, still have $12.16 million in cap space this season and $86.63 million in spending flexibility in 2024. So, there really aren't any financial hurdles to adding Adams to the fold. Moreover, it's difficult to imagine many secondaries being able to keep both Adams and Ja'Marr Chase under wraps. At least for the rest of this season, Chase, Adams, and Higgins would unquestionably be the most dynamic receiving corps in the league."

It could make the most sense to trade Higgins for Adams straight up as a way to raise the ceiling of the offense over the next couple of seasons while shortening the length of that second big receiver contract.

Higgins could command close to $28 million per year (Adams' average salary) on his new deal if he turns around a slow start to the 2023 season.'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bengals-mentioned-as-possible-trade-destination-for-one-of-nfl-s-biggest-stars/ar-AA1hlIrq?ocid=socialshare&pc=U531&cvid=d6763cf4f1754cf49ff72053a579d08c&ei=13
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 02:12 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I usually don't post about wild speculation topics, but this idea is actually kind of interesting to at least think about:

'CINCINNATI — The Bengals trading for Davante Adams? Fanbuzz's Senior NFL insider Matt Lombardo listed Cincinnati as one of the six top destinations for the elite Raiders wide receiver.

Las Vegas is 1-2 this season and Adams has shown frustration with the team's start.

"Cincinnati might be a surprise to find on a list like this, especially given the long-term uncertainty surrounding Tee Higgins' future," Lombardo wrote. "The Bengals have a legitimate Super Bowl window as long as Joe Burrow is behind center and adding Adams could potentially widen it.

"The Bengals, even after making Burrow the highest-paid quarterback in league history, still have $12.16 million in cap space this season and $86.63 million in spending flexibility in 2024. So, there really aren't any financial hurdles to adding Adams to the fold. Moreover, it's difficult to imagine many secondaries being able to keep both Adams and Ja'Marr Chase under wraps. At least for the rest of this season, Chase, Adams, and Higgins would unquestionably be the most dynamic receiving corps in the league."

It could make the most sense to trade Higgins for Adams straight up as a way to raise the ceiling of the offense over the next couple of seasons while shortening the length of that second big receiver contract.

Higgins could command close to $28 million per year (Adams' average salary) on his new deal if he turns around a slow start to the 2023 season.'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bengals-mentioned-as-possible-trade-destination-for-one-of-nfl-s-biggest-stars/ar-AA1hlIrq?ocid=socialshare&pc=U531&cvid=d6763cf4f1754cf49ff72053a579d08c&ei=13

Interesting for sure. Adam’s has manageable cap hits this year and next 14.7m and 25m, before ballooning up to 44.

This would be hard to pull off midsession without having some regression, however later in the season to next year, the bar would certainly be raised.

If they are not going to re-sign tee, this makes sense, but it’s still almost exclusively for this year and next.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 02:12 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I usually don't post about wild speculation topics, but this idea is actually kind of interesting to at least think about:

Why would you want to do this trade? Adams and Higgins are about the same, at least in my oppinion. Higgins is younger and he already knows the offense and has rapport with Burrow. So I ask again why would you want to want to make this trade?Confused
Reply/Quote
Davante Adams is better than Tee. Wouldn't be against this at all. I don't think we are going to extend Tee anyways.

Adams is a great route runner, much crisper than Tee in this aspect and has more speed on the field. Again, for it.

Don't think this would happen though, but could be wrong. Like it says Holic, we have the dough.

I think I would rather just keep Tee this year though and extend DJ Reader with that dough now that I think about it.

But not against this either.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 03:20 PM)Hello to everyone Wrote: Why would you want to do this trade? Adams and Higgins are about the same, at least in my oppinion. Higgins is younger and he already knows the offense and has rapport with Burrow. So I ask again why would you want to want to make this trade?Confused

Adams is better than Higgins by a large margin, sorry.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 03:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Adams is better than Higgins by a large margin, sorry.

Well thats your oppinion and your welcome to it but I don't agree with it. Adams is not that much better than Higgins. Sorry
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 03:52 PM)Hello to everyone Wrote: Well thats your oppinion and your welcome to it but I don't agree with it. Adams is not that much better than Higgins. Sorry

bro, it’s not close. Davante is in the discussion for best in the game.

Since 2021 (just over two full seasons) davante Adam’s is 2nd in receiving yards (3,361), 3rd in catches (248) and 1st in TDs (28)

Higgins has 2,230/158/15

I like Higgins, a lot… but let’s not kid ourselves here into thinking he is in the same tier has D Adams.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 03:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Adams is better than Higgins by a large margin, sorry.

LARGE, LOL.

I don’t want to diss any bengals, but it would be like saying AJ green was better than Megatron.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 04:51 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: bro, it’s not close.  Davante is in the discussion for best in the game.

Since 2021 (just over two full seasons) davante Adam’s is 2nd in receiving yards (3,361), 3rd in catches (248) and 1st in TDs (28)

Higgins has 2,230/158/15

I like Higgins, a lot… but let’s not kid ourselves here into thinking he is in the same tier has D Adams.

In his 7th, 8th, and 9th seasons in the league.  I see him falling off a physical performance cliff or as a serious injury risk due to age in the near future.  I would rather not see the Bengals take on that sort of debt for a player whose peak performance years are behind him. The Raiders elected to absorb that money, let them keep him.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 05:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In his 7th, 8th, and 9th seasons in the league.  I see him falling off a physical performance cliff or as a serious injury risk due to age in the near future.  I would rather not see the Bengals take on that sort of debt for a player whose peak performance years are behind him. The Raiders elected to absorb that money, let them keep him.

If the bengals are set on not signing Higgins, you would pass on the (hypothetical) trade?
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 06:33 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: If the bengals are set on not signing Higgins,  you would pass on the (hypothetical) trade?

Absolutely, didn't you read the reasons I listed for being against the Bengals assuming the risk of Devante Adams?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
An interesting idea, but that contract sounds like a bear. There's also the issue of his "frustration." If he's pouting about starting 1-2, is he really going to be thrilled with the idea of going to another 1-2 team and having to learn a new system? Does it make sense to splurge now on a top WR when you already have a trio that's considered to be among the best in the league? If they shoot their shot with Adams they risk not having enough dry powder for a long term solution at RT.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 03:52 PM)Hello to everyone Wrote: Well thats your oppinion and your welcome to it but I don't agree with it. Adams is not that much better than Higgins. Sorry

It’s not an opinion. It’s a fact.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 07:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s not an opinion. It’s a fact.

You're right, he is better.  But, this is also his 10th season as a Pro.  Would you really want to see the Bengals assume his contract at this late stage of his career?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 07:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You're right, he is better.  But, this is also his 10th season as a Pro.  Would you really want to see the Bengals assume his contract at this late stage of his career?

For 2 seasons of elite play over one year of good play, yes. There is an out after 2025.

However, this isn’t going to happen.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 07:59 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: For 2 seasons of elite play over one year of good play, yes.  There is an out after 2025.

However, this isn’t going to happen.

No, thank you.  That is still nearly $54M for 2 years, for a guy late in his career who might have a catastrophic injury at any moment, or a decline in physical ability due to wear and tear + age. I mean, the Raiders went all in on him, they should keep him.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 07:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You're right, he is better.  But, this is also his 10th season as a Pro.  Would you really want to see the Bengals assume his contract at this late stage of his career?

Just chiming in on Tee even being in the same category as Adams. He’s not.

I don’t think we need Adams though. I just want to see them use Chase like other teams use their elite guys (Monday was a good start). He should never have less than double digit targets, imo.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 03:52 PM)Hello to everyone Wrote: Well thats your oppinion and your welcome to it but I don't agree with it. Adams is not that much better than Higgins. Sorry

What have you done for me lately.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 09:10 PM)Hello to everyone Wrote: People on this board get all {pissy} if you question their gosple don't they and it is a OPPINION. Also thats how you spell Oppinion. Thats a fact.Cool

It’s literally not. LOL

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 09:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s literally not. LOL

I looked it up, yes it is.
Reply/Quote