Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adeniji got Benched vs Cowboys
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
He’s the best player on the line. Was he really struggling?
Reply/Quote
Is that two mid game benchings in a row? Or two in the last three games? This coaching staff is working on tearing this promising young prospect down. Well done ZT and Turner you huge pieces of shit.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 08:52 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: He’s the best player on the line. Was he really struggling?

They left Michael Jordan start PAST when he got our franchise QB's knee shredded...

And Adeniji gets like half a game to play.
Reply/Quote
But they had no problem trotting MJ out for weeks.

He's spiraling.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 08:52 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: He’s the best player on the line. Was he really struggling?

Hopkins is (sadly) the best player on the OL. When Jonah is out anyway.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Why was Taylor not benched?
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 08:55 PM)Big Boss Wrote: But they had no problem trotting MJ out for weeks.

He's spiraling.

For a while Jonah, Hart and Su'a-Filo were all out with injury at the same time.  We just didn't really have anyone better to replace MJ.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 09:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: For a while Jonah, Hart and Su'a-Filo were all out with injury at the same time.  We just didn't really have anyone better to replace MJ.

I'm sure they could have found a lawn chair for sale on ebay. 
Reply/Quote
I watched the game but not really close. He seemed to be doing well when I was watching. Seemed like pressure was coming from the right side with Hart. Did I miss something? Hart stayed in and he looked like a clown. One play he pulled and blocked Hopkins in the ass.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 09:41 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: I watched the game but not really close. He seemed to be doing well when I was watching. Seemed like pressure was coming from the right side with Hart. Did I miss something? Hart stayed in and he looked like a clown. One play he pulled and blocked Hopkins in the ass.

They appear to be turning on the players...possibly to try to save their jobs. Benching Bullock, MJ, pulling Adeniji. Benching Bernard when he fumbled, but they denied it was the fumble that caused the benching.
Reply/Quote
Wasn't it just a few days ago that there was a whole thread about how we wanted a coach like Tomlin who would bench someone for dropping a pass, missing a block, etc.????
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 08:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They left Michael Jordan start PAST when he got our franchise QB's knee shredded...

And Adeniji gets like half a game to play.

(12-13-2020, 08:55 PM)Big Boss Wrote: But they had no problem trotting MJ out for weeks.

He's spiraling.

Clown shoes.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Zac is clearly guessing and panicking by benching people left and right. He is out of his depth and he is clearly showing it
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 10:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Wasn't it just a few days ago that there was a whole thread about how we wanted a coach like Tomlin who would bench someone for dropping a pass, missing a block, etc.????

Context.

When you do it half way through your second year, with a 4-2?-1 record, the optics are bad. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 10:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Wasn't it just a few days ago that there was a whole thread about how we wanted a coach like Tomlin who would bench someone for dropping a pass, missing a block, etc.????

Yep. That was mine. Now Zac just has to win a ***** game once in awhile.

Reply/Quote
I only watched the first half and listened to the 2nd half on the radio. Seemed we did well blocking the 1st half. I did hear Finley get sacked a few times when he came in.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 10:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I only watched the first half and listened to the 2nd half on the radio. Seemed we did well blocking the 1st half. I did hear Finley get sacked a few times when he came in.

The hit that hobbled Allen wasn’t a sack but he got absolutely blasted from his blindside. There was a couple penalties against the OL, too.

Reply/Quote
I would say that, even if the benching was justified, it really speaks to your ability to start the best players when you bench someone on the 3rd drive.

Why did they start him to begin him? If he played so poorly on 2 damn drives then you should have seen that coming.

For Christ sake, the guy is a 6th round rookie, who has spot started like 2 games. You throw him to the wolves and then yank him that early?

I'm sure that does wonders for his confidence. Guy already has an uphill battle in being successful in this league. Bad move here. You either ride with him, or you start someone else.

PS Michael Jordan got a free pass for 28 straight games. Where's the consistancy?
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 09:41 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: I watched the game but not really close. He seemed to be doing well when I was watching. Seemed like pressure was coming from the right side with Hart. Did I miss something? Hart stayed in and he looked like a clown. One play he pulled and blocked Hopkins in the ass.

I have to say i nearly spat my beer out when i saw that...should'nt laugh but it was as inept as when he let that guy just run free on the inside last week
Reply/Quote