Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Adeniji on his opportunity
(12-27-2022, 10:44 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I hope Adeniji knows how to pour ketchup. We all know this is a sign of a great offensive lineman!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What year is this? Get some new material.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Let's remember our only long term exposure to Adeniji had him not only playing out of position but fresh off an injury and also his only full season was the last one with Turner - and as we saw it takes time to unlearn the crap Turner "taught".
Reply/Quote
Adeniji seems like such a great kid with an awesome attitude. I pray he does well.
But my goodness, I am worried. My grandpa always said you can’t turn a mule into Secretariat.
Not saying Hakeem is a mule but he was a 6th round pick for a reason.

But, then again, Carman was a “2nd rounder” so the round taken doesn’t always mean much. Lol
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 11:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What year is this? Get some new material.

Yes sir

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 11:39 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: Adeniji seems like such a great kid with an awesome attitude. I pray he does well.
But my goodness, I am worried. My grandpa always said you can’t turn a mule into Secretariat.

But, then again, Carman was a “2nd rounder” so the round taken doesn’t always mean much. Lol

Yeah, and Volson was a 4th round pick and is playing like maybe the top OL in his entire class as a rookie.

Plus, Adeniji has great experience and mentors.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 11:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, and Volson was a 4th round pick and is playing like maybe the top OL in his entire class as a rookie.

Mike Piazza was drafted in the 62nd round(only reason he was taken then was because Lasorda was his godfather). 

427 HRS

HALL OF FAME
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Pray all ya want. It comes down to drive and execution. Think this interview is a good indicator of the former, let’s see him produce on the later
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 11:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, and Volson was a 4th round pick and is playing like maybe the top OL in his entire class as a rookie.

I hope Pollock gets at least a 4th round pick every year to get another glass eater in here for depth and fight for a starting spot.

Till we are solid at depth.
Reply/Quote
Big Willie called Adeniji a natural born tackle. With extended playing time, we might just all be surprised at how good he is. (or maybe not)
Reply/Quote
I am hoping he will do okay. LC wasn't exactly the best pass blocker so as long as he isn't atrocious it shouldn't be that big of a drop-off. That said the run game may suffer now as LC was our best run blocker.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 11:40 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Yes sir

I mean, I laughed. LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 11:39 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: Adeniji seems like such a great kid with an awesome attitude. I pray he does well.

Yep, Brady in the sixth, and Akili Smith 1st overall....yikes.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
This is a great film breakdown and commentary on what Adeniji provides.

Bottom line, not much fall-off from LC in pass pro, if any. Better lateral movement, but made some mistakes maybe due to inexperience, which are fixable. Run blocking: Hakeem is a different style of run blocker. Not as powerful as Collins, but more mobile. For example, he can pull all the way across to lead a counter left. Never could do that with La'El.

Having seen this, I am cautiously optimistic that he will be OK. We will find out for sure Monday night.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/bengals-film-breakdown-hakeem-adeniji-solidify-right-tackle-spot-lael-collins-out
Reply/Quote
Adeniji showed last year he can't hang at OG, but I always thought he was a better fit at OT.
I guess we'll see how he does the rest of the season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Hope he excels during this opportunity but will be happy if he can just hold down the fort until after the SB.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 11:08 AM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: This is a great film breakdown and commentary on what Adeniji provides.  

Bottom line, not much fall-off from LC in pass pro, if any. Better lateral movement, but made some mistakes maybe due to inexperience, which are fixable.  Run blocking: Hakeem is a different style of run blocker.  Not as powerful as Collins, but more mobile.  For example, he can pull all the way across to lead a counter left.  Never could do that with La'El.

Having seen this, I am cautiously optimistic that he will be OK.  We will find out for sure Monday night.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/bengals-film-breakdown-hakeem-adeniji-solidify-right-tackle-spot-lael-collins-out

The coaching staff has had a long week off to prepare for this transition at RT, I feel comfortable that they will have a plan in place to maximize Adeniji's strengths and mitigate his weaknesses.  For example, I'd like to see Prince lined up outside of Adeniji in the "big" sets;  They could have Prince block down, while Adeniji flows ahead of the play like a lead blocker.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 11:44 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The coaching staff has had a long week off to prepare for this transition at RT, I feel comfortable that they will have a plan in place to maximize Adeniji's strengths and mitigate his weaknesses.  For example, I'd like to see Prince lined up outside of Adeniji in the "big" sets;  They could have Prince block down, while Adeniji flows ahead of the play like a lead blocker.

I think they have something to work with. He brings different strengths and weaknesses to the table, but certainly serviceable. The kid can move!
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 11:06 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yep, Brady in the sixth, and Akili Smith 1st overall....yikes.

No, that was Tim Couch.

Akili was 3rd overall.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 11:44 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The coaching staff has had a long week off to prepare for this transition at RT, I feel comfortable that they will have a plan in place to maximize Adeniji's strengths and mitigate his weaknesses.  For example, I'd like to see Prince lined up outside of Adeniji in the "big" sets;  They could have Prince block down, while Adeniji flows ahead of the play like a lead blocker.

Yes.  

I have much confidence in Pollack/Callahan/Zac to maximize what he does well and cover for what he doesn't.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 11:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Could be an upgrade over La'el in the pass blocking department. Doubt it in run blocking though, La'el is elite there when healthy.

Considering the Bengals are 28th in the NFL at 3.9 YPC I doubt he will be much of a downgrade.
Reply/Quote