Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Adeniji on his opportunity
(12-28-2022, 01:11 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Considering the Bengals are 28th in the NFL at 3.9 YPC I doubt he will be much of a downgrade.

Now do the numbers since they switched away from the wide zone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 01:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Now do the numbers since they switched away from the wide zone.

Agreed. The numbers from when they were wedded to wide zone are distorting the stats.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 12:06 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: No, that was Tim Couch.

Akili was 3rd overall.

Ah, good catch. Forgot about Timmy. Who was #2?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 02:18 PM)Joelist Wrote: Agreed. The numbers from when they were wedded to wide zone are distorting the stats.

On the year, they're still running about 40% zone although they're more like 30% over the last several weeks. It's not like they've scrapped it. What they run is dependent on who they're playing and what they're successful running early in games. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 02:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: Ah, good catch. Forgot about Timmy. Who was #2?

Donovan McNabb
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 01:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Now do the numbers since they switched away from the wide zone.

"Change of scheme"?  Bah, journalistic jargon..  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 02:43 PM)Foolishpride Wrote: Donovan McNabb

LoL, oh man .....passed up the entire Saints draft, AND took Smith over Donovan.... I'm glad I had wiped that from my memory banks. LOL

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 03:39 PM)Wyche Wrote: LoL, oh man .....passed up the entire Saints draft, AND took Smith over Donovan.... I'm glad I had wiped that from my memory banks. LOL

No. McNabb went 2nd, Smith 3rd. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 04:04 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: No. McNabb went 2nd, Smith 3rd. 

Yeah.....IDK where my head is today....lol. Hilarious

Reply/Quote
The opportunity is their for him to make himself a nice chunk of change he plays well Collins becomes expendable.
Reply/Quote
I just got done watching some tape from the Pats game and paid specific attention to Hakeen Adeniji...he was not good to say the least.

I am really worried about his lack of power and strength going forward. He was getting tossed around and overpowered by Judon on almost every rep. It's obvious that he was/is just the weaker player.

I think this is THE matchup of the Bills game. Gregory Rousseau vs. Hakeem Adeniji. Rosseau is a big strong end much like Judon who should have his way with Adeniji on paper.

If the Bengals can find a way to limit Rosseau's impact and/or Adeniji steps up and has a good game, I think its the difference between the Bengals winning and losing.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
The Bengals may have to leave the TE in more to help Adeniji. Bills then will still have to stop Chase,Higgins and Boyd.

Whitt picked the Bengals to win the Super bowl and said he thought Adeniji matched up well with DE's from Buffalo and KC. I don't have a link, but think it was on a podcast.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 01:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The Bengals may have to leave the TE more to help Adeniji. Bills then will still have to stop Chase,Higgins and Boyd.

Whitt picked the Bengals to win the Super bowl and said he thought Adeniji matched up well with DE's from Buffalo and KC. I don't have a link, but think it was on a podcast.

why would whitworth say negative things about a player on a team he still favors

Adeniji is going to get spanked this monday. I still think the offense will function just fine though
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 01:11 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I just got done watching some tape from the Pats game and paid specific attention to Hakeen Adeniji...he was not good to say the least.

I am really worried about his lack of power and strength going forward. He was getting tossed around and overpowered by Judon on almost every rep. It's obvious that he was/is just the weaker player.

I think this is THE matchup of the Bills game. Gregory Rousseau vs. Hakeem Adeniji. Rosseau is a big strong end much like Judon who should have his way with Adeniji on paper.

If the Bengals can find a way to limit Rosseau's impact and/or Adeniji steps up and has a good game, I think its the difference between the Bengals winning and losing.

I worry about Taylor as well. His default position is to go 5 wide and empty.  Further, his orotection schemes often leave the OT 1 v 1 with the DE. Or even worse, he'll have the TE block them 1 v. 1.  

More Perine. More chipping. More help. More running at him to slow the rush down. ZT is poor at all these things. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 06:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah.....IDK where my head is today....lol. Hilarious

Did take him over Culpepper who went 11th, though.

Meanwhile after Akili there were 2, soon 3 Hall of Famers picked in the next 4 picks (Edgerrin James, Champ Bailey, and soon Torry Holt). With Ricky Williams probably being a 4th if the NFL hadn't been so weird about pot.

Kind of reminds me a bit of 2011, where people were taking Jake Locker before Tyron Smith, and Blaine Gabbert before JJ Watt. If you had a pick in the first 16 picks of that draft and didn't take a QB, the worst player you got was a Pro Bowler or 2nd Team All-Pro. Just have to almost try to F it up. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 01:53 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I worry about Taylor as well. His default position is to go 5 wide and empty.  Further, his orotection schemes often leave the OT 1 v 1 with the DE. Or even worse, he'll have the TE block them 1 v. 1.  

More Perine. More chipping. More help. More running at him to slow the rush down. ZT is poor at all these things. 

Are you sure that's Taylor's preference?  I am pretty sure that I remember reading that was Joe Burrow's preference.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 02:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you sure that's Taylor's preference?  I am pretty sure that I remember reading that was Joe Burrow's preference.

It's 100% Burrow's preference. The entire offense and how it's run is based on Burrow's preference. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Burrow is the one who likes empty backfield. It has its benefits, like allowing him to see the entire defense and more targets. It also, however, has its downsides, such as leaving the OL with no support in the event of overloads and blitzes.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 04:10 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's 100% Burrow's preference. The entire offense and how it's run is based on Burrow's preference. 

That's what I thought.  Just wanted to get that out there, so that people wouldn't unfairly claim that it is all Zac's idea to run the empty sets.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Zac said he knows who will be the right tackle but he's not telling us. A bit of gamesmanship before Monday

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote