Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adeniji
(09-27-2020, 09:25 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Sorry to say it but this offensive line is not getting fixed from within the organization. No veteran off the street is helping either. We’re either gonna ride this out all year and pray Burrow doesn’t get killed or make a trade for some real help. I don’t see us making a trade for a starting caliber right guard/tackle. So break out your rosary beads boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the reason why is that there aren't enough good linemen to go once around the league, let alone once plus enough for anybody to have spare linemen they're willing to let go.

The scary thing is that there are other lines who give ours a run for their money at sukking.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Warford can at least run block.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I honestly don't see why we don't give the kid a shot. The line is clearly failing us. Play the rookie. See what he has. What's he going to do? Give up MORE pressure than we're already given up?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
For what its worth the first 3 games we have faced top 10 dlines in the NFL each game. Oline still sucks however. They improved last year because we were playing crap dlines towards the end of the season. Browns didn't have Garrett the last game.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 05:00 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: For what its worth the first 3 games we have faced top 10 dlines in the NFL each game.  Oline still sucks however.  They improved last year because we were playing crap dlines towards the end of the season.  Browns didn't have Garrett the last game.

Are they actually top 10 lines or is our O-line so bad we are padding their stats to make them a top 10 line?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 05:04 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Are they actually top 10 lines or is our O-line so bad we are padding their stats to make them a top 10 line?

That is true.  All training camp all we heard was how good our dline was going to be and now we know why.  Its because they were going up against our oline each practice.  Now our dline is playing like a bottom 10 dline in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 04:50 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Warford can at least run block.

HE. OPTED. OUT.

How are people not aware of this by now?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I thought overall Price did ok coming in, he had some nice blocks , yes he also got beat but I felt he did ok in spot duty.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 05:16 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I thought overall Price did ok coming in, he had some nice blocks , yes he also got beat but I felt he did ok in spot duty.

Mellow
Reply/Quote
Maybe we can see if Larry Warford is available?

Just messing with you Truck. Wink
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 04:50 PM)PhilHos Wrote:  What's he going to do? Give up MORE pressure than we're already given up?

Yes, absolutely.
Reply/Quote
I think that it's safe to say that Fred J is more of a natural tackle and Hart is more of a natural guard at this point too. I'm all for shuffling the line and going with ultra-conservative playcalling until you see what you have in all of your players. I just don't see how you can justify putting Price or Fred J out there at RG after what we've seen. 
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 05:04 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Are they actually top 10 lines or is our O-line so bad we are padding their stats to make them a top 10 line?

Ask the Chiefs about the Chargers DLine.  Ask the WFT about the Browns DLine.  Brandon Graham and Fletcher Cox have been outstanding for years.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 11:07 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: Hell...I'm ready to see Redmond at right guard and Adeniji at right tackle. Try every combination until you come up with something!
I said this in another thread!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 05:15 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: HE. OPTED. OUT.

How are people not aware of this by now?

(09-28-2020, 06:56 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Maybe we can see if Larry Warford is available?

Just messing with you Truck. Wink

Actually, he IS available and free to opt back in.  I posted the link to the rule in the Practice Squad moves thread.  The opt out is only binding for players that were already on a roster.  Seeing how Warford was released, he was not on a roster, and free to opt back in, if he so chooses to.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 08:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Actually, he IS available and free to opt back in.  I posted the link to the rule in the Practice Squad moves thread.  The opt out is only binding for players that were already on a roster.  Seeing how Warford was released, he was not on a roster, and free to opt back in, if he so chooses to.

D
A
M
N
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 07:38 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I think that it's safe to say that Fred J is more of a natural tackle and Hart is more of a natural guard at this point too. I'm all for shuffling the line and going with ultra-conservative playcalling until you see what you have in all of your players. I just don't see how you can justify putting Price or Fred J out there at RG after what we've seen. 

I think Hart is more of a natural bench warmer and Fred J might not even be in the league next year. But that's just me. 
Reply/Quote
Another little nugget about Adeniji. Apparently Turner said today that he's had him take snaps at center just to get used to it. I like that, because I think it's his natural position. He has an athletic profile similar to Hopkins - good feet and longish arms relative to his height, but not the overall length to hold up on the outside. And he's smart. He can learn the position and eventually take over at center in a few years (while contributing at other spots). I'm talking about the long term obviously, not right now.
Reply/Quote
what about j. mixon for an offensive lineman? lol
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 08:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Actually, he IS available and free to opt back in.  I posted the link to the rule in the Practice Squad moves thread.  The opt out is only binding for players that were already on a roster.  Seeing how Warford was released, he was not on a roster, and free to opt back in, if he so chooses to.

I know, but he opted out; he won't opt back in.
Reply/Quote