Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adeniji
(09-30-2020, 09:55 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I know, but he opted out; he won't opt back in.

I don't disagree with you.  Heck, just looking at the science of it;  He's high risk on the values of not only being a Black man (last I read Black folks contracted Covid 19 at about 3.5x the rate of White folk), but also being very large with the inherent health risks associated with being a very large human being.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 10:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't disagree with you.  Heck, just looking at the science of it;  He's high risk on the values of not only being a Black man (last I read Black folks contracted Covid 19 at about 3.5x the rate of White folk), but also being very large with the inherent health risks associated with being a very large human being.  

:o

I knew about the weight effects, but the black factor?!!? Wow.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 10:06 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: :o

I knew about the weight effects, but the black factor?!!? Wow.

Not to derail the thread, but you can find all of that info on the CDC website.  You have to google search it just right though, as they don't like folks to know the racial breakdowns.  It might sound bad for Black folk, but the numbers are even worse for Latino and Native American peoples.

But, as for Warford, even though he is technically eligible to opt back in, I would be surprised if he did.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
They’d rather just shuffle through the Redmond/Calhoun/Sutherland deck then put Adeniji in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 09:25 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Sorry to say it but this offensive line is not getting fixed from within the organization. No veteran off the street is helping either. We’re either gonna ride this out all year and pray Burrow doesn’t get killed or make a trade for some real help. I don’t see us making a trade for a starting caliber right guard/tackle. So break out your rosary beads boys.

Pick up Justin Britt off the street to play RT, start Adeniji at RG...

This would help.
Reply/Quote
How sad is it that our only hope is a 6th round rookie...
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 02:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Pick up Justin Britt off the street to play RT, start Adeniji at RG...

This would help.

WhoDey2 This is by far the best option we have. This needs to happen NOW! not in 10 min. Now....
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 02:41 PM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2 This is by far the best option we have. This needs to happen NOW! not in 10 min. Now....

1. Justin Britt is a C.
2. Justin Britt sucks.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 03:32 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1. Justin Britt is a C.
2. Justin Britt sucks.

He’s technically played C, OG and RT. In college he was a tackle too, but I don’t recall if it was LT or RT. His problem is he’s tall and plays too upright, which is not ideal for the interior.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 04:14 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: He’s technically played C, OG and RT. In college he was a tackle too, but I don’t recall if it was LT or RT. His problem is he’s tall and plays too upright, which is not ideal for the interior.

Indeed; he was drafted as a T, played RT with the Seahawks, was putrid, moved to G, still not stellar, then to C where he's played since and he's not great.

Not a fan.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 05:17 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Mellow

You know dude had a bad game if Truck can't even find anything good to say.... LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 04:56 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Indeed; he was drafted as a T, played RT with the Seahawks, was putrid, moved to G, still not stellar, then to C where he's played since and he's not great.

Not a fan.

Yeah, agree he isn’t good.
Reply/Quote
2. Justin Britt sucks.

I'd take Kenny Britt to play RG. 

(Shout out to my Rutgers homies. The both of you).
Reply/Quote
2. Justin Britt sucks.

Might be better than Hart Truck or whatever else we truck out there... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 12:11 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: They’d rather just shuffle through the Redmond/Calhoun/Sutherland deck then put Adeniji in.

This is just a hunch, but maybe they don't want to throw him out there and ruin his confidence, because he is a rookie that they value for his long term potential?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 07:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This is just a hunch, but maybe they don't want to throw him out there and ruin his confidence, because he is a rookie that they value for his long term potential?

I usually flame dudes for saying we will get our QB killed cause of a bad OL cause the NFL protects QB's...

But we need to protect Burrow at all costs, dude is getting hit like crazy man. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 07:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I usually flame dudes for saying we will get our QB killed cause of a bad OL cause the NFL protects QB's...

But we need to protect Burrow at all costs, dude is getting hit like crazy man. Mellow

I get it, we all get it that Burrow is getting thrown to the wolves.  It's the management's fault for not making sure that there would be adequate protection for a rookie QB.  It's our coaches fault for not having the guys provided to him, properly prepared to do the job presented to them.  There is an old saying that says "You go to war with the army you have, not the army you want".

Short of Jonah Williams, every man on that OL that has been rolled out there this season has prior NFL experience, they're all physical "beasts" of men, they know what the battle conditions are all about.  I hold the coaching staff completely responsible for not having the guys prepared for battle.  However, I cannot fault them for not throwing a rookie, late round draft selection out there to get ruined.  Maybe, as some time goes by, Adeniji gets some reps to get his feet wet.  If he shows promise, maybe then, later in the season you give him more extensive duty.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 05:55 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I'd take Kenny Britt to play RG. 

(Shout out to my Rutgers homies. The both of you).

Always been a fan of the Scarlet Knights! My first teacher in my grad certificate program (super attracted to her lol) was friends with a girl who dated Brian Leonard AND she knew Ray Rice as well Big Grin

(10-01-2020, 07:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Might be better than Hart Truck or whatever else we truck out there... Ninja

Not Britt lol.

Don't forget; Hart has been bad, but RG is the position that needs to be solidified, more than Hart.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, Adeniji has lost a bit of shine since the season started because Jim Turner and Zac Taylor both said he was the best offensive lineman at the Senior Bowl and they were ready to draft him for several rounds before actually taking him.

Based on their evaluations of Michael Jordan, the back up right guards and Bobby Hart, I'm now convinced Adeniji is pure and utter trash.
Reply/Quote
2. Justin Britt sucks.
1. I confess, I have no idea who Britt is.
2. I was going on the premise that he has to be better than Bobby Hart...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote