Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Admit you voted for Biden
(06-28-2022, 11:59 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: The chance of Trump going quietly is less than zero unfortunately.

This goes back to me thinking Paul Ryan reemerges. Someone who doesn't have all the covid and Trump history that people are sick of hearing about. 

Itd be nice if democrats could reboot things as well, but I doubt it.  At least the Trump monster will be heading back to destroy the lab that created him this time. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 11:59 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: The chance of Trump going quietly is less than zero unfortunately.

The best way to achieve this is to appeal to his ego, which is huge.  Basically convince him that he's now the kingmaker and the "power behind the throne."  That'll get him to shut up long enough for them to win the election.  After that you just slowly ease him out the door.  A few years into the term, if things are going well, Trump being unhappy with the POTUS won't mean very much.  If that POTUS gets a second term then Trump can effectively be ignored going forward.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 12:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The best way to achieve this is to appeal to his ego, which is huge.  Basically convince him that he's now the kingmaker and the "power behind the throne."  That'll get him to shut up long enough for them to win the election.  After that you just slowly ease him out the door.  A few years into the term, if things are going well, Trump being unhappy with the POTUS won't mean very much.  If that POTUS gets a second term then Trump can effectively be ignored going forward.

That could work, but I think he'd rather run and then even if he loses he can again cry fraud and get his followers to send him another 250 million bucks to fight it. Anytime he claims he's being wronged people flock to give him obscene amounts of money. 

I think he'd rather get hundreds of millions of dollars crying victim again than be labeled a kingmaking loser.  I also don't think he has it in him to admit he lost fairly. At least not in an official sense. 

I think he's going to meddle in politics until he dies and even then people are going to flock to his family and/or claim he faked his death and will return to run in the next election. 

What is he more likely to say?  I actually won, give me money.  Or. I lost, support Ron for the good of the country?  Also, the pressure to make Trump the VP could bury DeSantis, too.  Lordy loo. 

Maybe im going overboard with this, but who can tell anymore?
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 01:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That could work, but I think he'd rather run and then even if he loses he can again cry fraud and get his followers to send him another 250 million bucks to fight it. Anytime he claims he's being wronged people flock to give him obscene amounts of money. 

I think he'd rather get hundreds of millions of dollars crying victim again than be labeled a kingmaking loser.  I also don't think he has it in him to admit he lost fairly. At least not in an official sense. 

I think he's going to meddle in politics until he dies and even then people are going to flock to his family and/or claim he faked his death and will return to run in the next election. 

What is he more likely to say?  I actually won, give me money.  Or. I lost, support Ron for the good of the country?  Also, the pressure to make Trump the VP could bury DeSantis, too.  Lordy loo. 

Maybe im going overboard with this, but who can tell anymore?

A lot of possibilities, to be sure.  I don't think Trump being the VP would ever happen.  He'd view that as a major step down.  Whatever your opinion on DeSantis, he's not stupid, I think he's already playing the long game with Trump without tying himself to Trump inexorably.  
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 01:05 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: A lot of possibilities, to be sure.  I don't think Trump being the VP would ever happen.  He'd view that as a major step down.  Whatever your opinion on DeSantis, he's not stupid, I think he's already playing the long game with Trump without tying himself to Trump inexorably.  

You may be right, but DeSantis has shown he can get rattled.  I think the Trump as VP thing will be more about his followers demanding, but Trump may just use that as another means to ask for money with no intent to follow up. 

Trump just gets way more ego stroking and money to claim he was cheated for me to see it changing. 
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 01:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You may be right, but DeSantis has shown he can get rattled.  I think the Trump as VP thing will be more about his followers demanding, but Trump may just use that as another means to ask for money with no intent to follow up. 

Trump just gets way more ego stroking and money to claim he was cheated for me to see it changing. 

DeSantis would be Trump without the charm...lol.

Both are wannabe dictators who would have no problem ignoring the "norms" of the office to force their own ways.  I'd bet money Desantis has zero problem with anything Trump did post election because he'd do the same to hold on to power.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 01:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: DeSantis would be Trump without the charm...lol.

Both are wannabe dictators who would have no problem ignoring the "norms" of the office to force their own ways.  I'd bet money Desantis has zero problem with anything Trump did post election because he'd do the same to hold on to power.

Please explain how DeSantis is a "wanna be dictator."
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 04:05 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Please explain how DeSantis is a "wanna be dictator."

Disneyland.. He just ordered a huge tax increase on everyone in Florida. That should go over like a lead balloon full of shit.. Wait till the tax bill hits the mailboxes in the state .. Real piece of work that DeSantis is.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 04:05 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Please explain how DeSantis is a "wanna be dictator."

All you have to do is watch how he acts.  Especially when he doesn't get his way.

That an someone of your position doesn't see it/likes it is no surprise.

He's Trump without the charm...as I said.

I could post lots of links and stories but you'd just say I'm wrong and I'm not answering your question or some of the other BS you pull every time we interact.

So I'll leave it as I was right about DJT and I'm right about Desantis.  You go ahead and vote for him if you want.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 01:50 AM)grampahol Wrote: Disneyland.. He just ordered a huge tax increase on everyone in Florida. That should go over like a lead balloon full of shit.. Wait till the tax bill hits the mailboxes in the state .. Real piece of work that DeSantis is.. 

A predictable regurgitation of a left wing talking point.  About what I expected.

(06-29-2022, 08:56 AM)GMDino Wrote: All you have to do is watch how he acts.  Especially when he doesn't get his way.

I could post lots of links and stories but you'd just say I'm wrong and I'm not answering your question or some of the other BS you pull every time we interact.

So I'll leave it as I was right about DJT and I'm right about Desantis.  You go ahead and vote for him if you want.

So you have nothing substantial, just an opinion based on watching "how he acts."  Pretty compelling argument you got there.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 08:56 AM)GMDino Wrote: All you have to do is watch how he acts.  Especially when he doesn't get his way.

(06-29-2022, 10:36 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: A predictable regurgitation of a left wing talking point.  About what I expected.

So you have nothing substantial, just an opinion based on watching "how he acts."  Pretty compelling argument you got there.

About what I expected.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 09:25 AM)GMDino Wrote: About what I expected.

So you knew you were giving us nothing and still spouted off anyways?  Sounds about right.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 10:53 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So you knew you were giving us nothing and still spouted off anyways?  Sounds about right.

There is an entire thread about Desantis and how bad he is.

Whys should I entertain you when you will treat each and everything I provide as wrong?

I might as well try to convince a brick wall.

I said I wouldn't try to change your mind and you should vote for him.  
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 07:01 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Just a few years ago I'd completely agree with you.  I don't think this is a right wing only phenomena anymore.

Frustratingly, I must agree. It might still be more the right wing, but the liberal side seems to be in too much of hurry to catch up. On reddit there have been a lot of tacit and even some explicit calls for violence lately and the mods are doing very little (and in some cases support it). I am so very tired of the culture war. Someone is going to do something stupid and it is always the innocent who end up getting hurt. 

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 11:23 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Frustratingly, I must agree. It might still be more the right wing, but the liberal side seems to be in too much of hurry to catch up. On reddit there have been a lot of tacit and even some explicit calls for violence lately and the mods are doing very little (and in some cases support it). I am so very tired of the culture war. Someone is going to do something stupid and it is always the innocent who end up getting hurt. 

Im not accusing liberals of bring logical or nice, but they're behind the right in terms of a civil war ready president, general, and way behind in military allegiance. 

The right will start a war while the left is still complaining and posturing on the internet. 
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 11:16 AM)GMDino Wrote: There is an entire thread about Desantis and how bad he is.

Whys should I entertain you when you will treat each and everything I provide as wrong?

I might as well try to convince a brick wall.

I said I wouldn't try to change your mind and you should vote for him.  

Interesting accusation.  I can truthfully state that I have been exposed to interesting and persuasive arguments from many members of this board, including, but not limited to; Hollo, Bel, Nately, Michaelsean, Stewie and forgive me for anyone left off who should be included.  Hell, I've even gleaned a nugget or two from a few of Dill's nine page dissertations.  That being the case, let's reexamine your position.  If you routinely fall to persuade a person with your arguments, but said person is open to well informed and cogent arguments from numerous other people then maybe a period of self examination is in order because the problem doesn't seem to be the target of your arguments, but rather the quality of the arguments you are attempting to make.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 11:23 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Frustratingly, I must agree. It might still be more the right wing, but the liberal side seems to be in too much of hurry to catch up. On reddit there have been a lot of tacit and even some explicit calls for violence lately and the mods are doing very little (and in some cases support it). I am so very tired of the culture war. Someone is going to do something stupid and it is always the innocent who end up getting hurt. 

(06-30-2022, 11:46 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Im not accusing liberals of bring logical or nice, but they're behind the right in terms of a civil war ready president, general, and way behind in military allegiance. 

The right will start a war while the left is still complaining and posturing on the internet. 

I don't think these positions are mutually exclusive.
Reply/Quote