Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Admit you voted for Biden
(06-27-2022, 06:39 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm nor saying that, not that you're implying I am.  But it always baffles me when people make the argument that the military is some monolith in which all members slavishly obey any order.

Trump is notorious for not paying his workers, but maybe killing your fellow Americans in the name of pro life initiatives and Jesus is reward enough. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 06:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump is notorious for not paying his workers, but maybe killing your fellow Americans in the name of pro life initiatives and Jesus is reward enough. 

You're, of course, operating on the assumption that such a conflict would be initiated by the right.  I don't think that's a given.  You don't see them boarding up windows in anticipation of police officers being convicted, Rittenhouse found guilty or "X" SCOTUS decision not going the way of conservatives.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 06:49 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You're, of course, operating on the assumption that such a conflict would be initiated by the right.  I don't think that's a given.  You don't see them boarding up windows in anticipation of police officers being convicted, Rittenhouse found guilty or "X" SCOTUS decision not going the way of conservatives.

You know damn well which party fetishizes the prospect of another civil war.  They can wait for their arm to be twisted, I guess.  
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 06:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You know damn well which party fetishizes the prospect of another civil war.  They can wait for their arm to be twisted, I guess.  

Just a few years ago I'd completely agree with you.  I don't think this is a right wing only phenomena anymore.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 07:01 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Just a few years ago I'd completely agree with you.  I don't think this is a right wing only phenomena anymore.

Liberals seem more likely to enjoy covid denying conservatives dying, while conservatives are a bit more into glorifying shooting the other party. It's all glee for domestic death, but I wouldn't call it symmetrical. 

But if both sides want a civil war this country has run its course, sadly.  Or maybe it isn't sad.  
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 07:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Liberals seem more likely to enjoy covid denying conservatives dying, while conservatives are a bit more into glorifying shooting the other party. It's all glee for domestic death, but I wouldn't call it symmetrical. 

But if both sides want a civil war this country has run its course, sadly.  Or maybe it isn't sad.  

It's still far fewer people in favor of one than not, by an enormous margin.  I just don't think it's specific to one side's ideology anymore.  As for shooting the other party, it was a Bernie bro that tried to murder as many GOP members of Congress as possible, not a right winger.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 07:44 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's still far fewer people in favor of one than not, by an enormous margin.  I just don't think it's specific to one side's ideology anymore.  As for shooting the other party, it was a Bernie bro that tried to murder as many GOP members of Congress as possible, not a right winger.

Im not saying liberals are all guitar strumming tofu lickers, but looting and rogue Bernie bros aren't a civil war.  You yourself pointed out Trump and the military are capable of actually taking this from violence via one side or the other to a formal coup and overthrow and occupation

This common gripe and threat of civil war is getting troublingly specific . 
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 07:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Im not saying liberals are all guitar strumming tofu lickers, but looting and rogue Bernie bros aren't a civil war.  You yourself pointed out Trump and the military are capable of actually taking this from violence via one side or the other to a formal coup and overthrow and occupation

This common gripe and threat of civil war is getting troublingly specific . 

Fair enough.  I honestly only raised that point due to the overuse of the "the military will just kill you and your AR15" trope.  I know a lot of veterans, and I don't think any of them are spoiling for this.  I will say that the military is definitely more right leaning (go figure), especially in the enlisted ranks.  The officer corps is probably a slight edge to right leaning.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 05:06 PM)grampahol Wrote: There is a small morbid part of me that almost hopes that dumpster fire voters attempt a civil war to see the US military put them down like the rabid dogs they are . 

Small and morbid is right. Get it together.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 05:19 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I will never understand this position from the left.  It's like you guys don't know that the military is composed of our fellow citizens and not robots.  You think if it really came down to a civil war that everyone in the military would be on the side of the left?  I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but the opposite is much closer to the truth.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/12/17/eaton-taguba-anderson-generals-military/

https://www.thedailybeast.com/if-trumps-rage-brings-civil-war-where-will-the-military-stand

It has always been my experience that the political opinions of the soldiers, sailors and airmen almost always reflect the percentages within the rest of the nation at any given time. They totally reflect the society they come from.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 04:48 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I've noticed many people will not admit they voted for Biden even though they said it right after the 2020 election. I guess the $5 gas and other stuff must embarrass them. And Harris has done nothing. I for one admit my mistakes. BTW I voted for Trump.

Vote for him? Hell yeah. And I'll vote for him again if the best the GOP can pull out in 2024 is Trump or a Mini-Me Trump Clone. Even if gas is $20 a gallon. And I don't even particularly like Biden. In fact, I'm rather pissed that at the GOP that they might put me in a position to vote for his tired old ass again!

But in the entirely fantasy situation that the GOP does select a reasonable moderate representative, I would consider them.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 12:31 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Vote for him? Hell yeah. And I'll vote for him again if the best the GOP can pull out in 2024 is Trump or a Mini-Me Trump Clone. Even if gas is $20 a gallon. And I don't even particularly like Biden. In fact, I'm rather pissed that at the GOP that they might put me in a position to vote for his tired old ass again!

But in the entirely fantasy situation that the GOP does select a reasonable moderate representative, I would consider them.

Then how pissed are you going to be at the GOP when you have to pull the lever for Kamala Harris, who I believe has an even lower approval rating, if Biden just can’t do it (he can’t)?
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 08:19 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Then how pissed are you going to be at the GOP when you have to pull the lever for Kamala Harris, who I believe has an even lower approval rating, if Biden just can’t do it (he can’t)?

Probably not as much. Since Kamala doesn't have the history of Biden, I can afford to give her some benefit of the doubt going in and take her at face value, just as I would a moderate GOP candidate. I like to make my own decisions and a candidates' approval rating with others doesn't mean a whole lot to me (says the dude who voted for Ross Perot and Ralph Nader).
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 11:20 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Probably not as much. Since Kamala doesn't have the history of Biden, I can afford to give her some benefit of the doubt going in and take her at face value, just as I would a moderate GOP candidate.

Harris would be an utter disaster.  She's so uninformed and unintelligent that she makes Gavin Newsome look erudite.  As much as I'd dislike it, I'd absolutely vote for Trump over Harris.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 11:23 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Harris would be an utter disaster.  She's so uninformed and unintelligent that she makes Gavin Newsome look erudite.  As much as I'd dislike it, I'd absolutely vote for Trump over Harris.

Personally, I'd probably taken Putin over Trump or any of his minions at this point.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 11:23 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Harris would be an utter disaster.  She's so uninformed and unintelligent that she makes Gavin Newsome look erudite.  As much as I'd dislike it, I'd absolutely vote for Trump over Harris.

I foresee the 2024 election being a slam dunk for one side or the other. Maybe it's a weak Democrat getting crushed by apathy and the electoral college or maybe the same weak democrat wins because Trump gets primaried and goes nuclear on the guy who beat him and tells his party to stay home. 

Hell Trump could call for another peaceful protest to overturn the rigged primary.  

I foresee a third no win election in a row.  And people thought LBJ v Goldwater was insanity.  
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 11:36 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Personally, I'd probably taken Putin over Trump or any of his minions at this point.

Trump is only the GOP candidate in 24 if the GOP completely surrenders to his insanity or DeSantis is caught sex trafficking boys. And im not even sure that second thing would end his career.  
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 11:40 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump is only the GOP candidate in 24 if the GOP completely surrenders to his insanity or DeSantis is caught sex trafficking boys. And im not even sure that second thing would end his career.  

Probably. But the party is so infested with Trump cultists at this time, finding candidates without wide-eyed, vacant looks on their faces is becoming difficult. Kinda like crack addicts in the projects in the 80's.
[Image: MV5BZWJlNzlhZjAtOGY5Yy00MzhkLTg3MzQtZWI2...@._V1_.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 11:50 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Probably. But the party is so infested with Trump cultists at this time, finding candidates without wide-eyed, vacant looks on their faces is becoming difficult. Kinda like crack addicts in the projects in the 80's.
[Image: MV5BZWJlNzlhZjAtOGY5Yy00MzhkLTg3MzQtZWI2...@._V1_.jpg]

DeSantis does plenty of stuff Trump fans like. The question is if Trump can accept getting beaten out by him or if he will go back to the idea of taking his die hard to the Patriot party in hopes that Ron can lose to sleepy Joe as well. 

Trump is losing ground to DeSantis, and if Trump can lose a vote and not cry rigged and call the person who beat him a dangerous cheating God killing monster, I'll be surprised. 
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 11:58 AM)Nately120 Wrote: DeSantis does plenty of stuff Trump fans like. The question is if Trump can accept getting beaten out by him or if he will go back to the idea of taking his die hard to the Patriot party in hopes that Ron can lose to sleepy Joe as well. 

Trump is losing ground to DeSantis, and if Trump can lose a vote and not cry rigged and call the person who beat him a dangerous cheating God killing monster, I'll be surprised. 

The chance of Trump going quietly is less than zero unfortunately.
Reply/Quote