Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advantage in division already
I know it is only week 1 and we have a long way to go but we have an advantage in the division we could be in first place by ourselves after just week 1 the steelers will probably lose against New England and the Ravens have a tough matchup against Denver and the Clowns have a tough matchup against the Jets so after this weekend if we win we will already have a slight advantage
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 10:23 PM)Trademark Wrote: I know it is only week 1 and we have a long way to go but we have an advantage in the division we could be in first place by ourselves after just week 1 the steelers will probably lose against New England and the Ravens have a tough matchup against Denver and the Clowns have a tough matchup against the Jets so after this weekend if we win we will already have a slight advantage

It would be a good way to start the season....GO BENGALS  Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 10:23 PM)Trademark Wrote: I know it is only week 1 and we have a long way to go but we have an advantage in the division we could be in first place by ourselves after just week 1 the steelers will probably lose against New England and the Ravens have a tough matchup against Denver and the Clowns have a tough matchup against the Jets so after this weekend if we win we will already have a slight advantage

We will win the division, but don't think it will be easy. 3 out of 4 teams are playoff teams.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Um, everyone is 0-0 right now. The Steelers game is 7-0 in with 8 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. Why don't we just worry about winning our own game first, before chalking up L's to everyone else in the division.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 10:33 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Um, everyone is 0-0 right now.  The Steelers game is 7-0 in with 8 minutes left in the 2nd quarter.  Why don't we just worry about winning our own game first, before chalking up L's to everyone else in the division.

I agree....but I like the OP wanting us out in front.  It is always a great week when the Bengals win and the others lose, those are great weeks. ....but yes, WIN AT OAKLAND is the focus and if the others lose, even better. ...I can't watch Patriots or Steelers or Browns or Ravens.....I'm a HOMER and I only watch Bengals....and Buckeyes....which is plenty of football games right there....but like the OP, I hope the games go our way....but you are correct the focus is on BEATING RAIDERS. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
It's the first game relax.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 10:33 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Um, everyone is 0-0 right now.  The Steelers game is 7-0 in with 8 minutes left in the 2nd quarter.  Why don't we just worry about winning our own game first, before chalking up L's to everyone else in the division.

Did you see that terrible clock management at the end of the half?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Steelers are without Bell and Bryant and the Patriots have already cheated. Don't put too much stock into this game
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 11:11 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: Steelers are without Bell and Bryant and the Patriots have already cheated.  Don't put too much stock into this game

Not sure how this makes the Steelers' D better.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 11:11 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: Steelers are without Bell and Bryant and the Patriots have already cheated.  Don't put too much stock into this game

DeAngelo Williams was a stud tonight in place of Bell. The Pats are cheaters though, for sure.

Side note, I'm kicking myself for not drafting Gronk in any of my fantasy leagues.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 12:06 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: DeAngelo Williams was a stud tonight in place of Bell. The Pats are cheaters though, for sure.

Side note, I'm kicking myself for not drafting Gronk in any of my fantasy leagues.

But the question is for how long? Can he go several games or is he going to disappear after a game or two?

Which wont matter when Bell comes back, but it could make a world of difference later in the season
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 12:06 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: DeAngelo Williams was a stud tonight in place of Bell. The Pats are cheaters though, for sure.

And of course I'm playing against him in my money league.  You know fantasy is full swing when an opposing TE starts a blistering 48 TD pace to open the year against you. Cry
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 11:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did you see that terrible clock management at the end of the half?

I think?  I was watching the end of the half while doing dishes.  I saw them burn a lot of time at one point.  Where are you going with this?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 12:21 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I think?  I was watching the end of the half while doing dishes.  I saw them burn a lot of time at one point.  

Don't worry as long as you're not doing dishes now you can see a repeat.

Reply/Quote
Stoolers first in the L column

Clapping
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 01:20 AM)Rattler Wrote: Stoolers first in the L column

Clapping

Makes me happy. Cool
Reply/Quote

The players are the ones that need to be focused on Oakland. The rest of us can speculate about anything we want. So why do you worry so much about what we (the fans) are speculating on? In fact, I have no idea why you even bothered to post here.
Reply/Quote
Steelers are last place in the NFL right now. Oh it is sweet.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't read a whole lot into the loss last night by Pittsburgh.

Their O line looked pretty dang good, and Antonio Brown was all over the place as expected.

Their defense needs a LOT of work, that can be said lol. Both defensive units looked lost.

Hopefully Eifert watched that game and got inspired.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 01:37 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I wouldn't read a whole lot into the loss last night by Pittsburgh.

Their O line looked pretty dang good, and Antonio Brown was all over the place as expected.

Their defense needs a LOT of work, that can be said lol. Both defensive units looked lost.

Hopefully Eifert watched that game and got inspired.

If Eifert becomes half as good as Gronk I will be ecstatic
Reply/Quote