Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advise From My Fellow Bengals Members In Cincy Area
I surprised my 2 boys with season opener tickets against the Steelers. The family has always wanted to go to Cincy to be with other fans to enjoy a game and this year we made the splurge(ticket prices it sure is)

My question is, what nice hotel do you recommend walking distance to Paul Brown stadium and any places to explore in the city Bengals related for my boys to enjoy and soak in the Bengaldom 100%?

Thanks in advance, looking forward to week 1!
Reply/Quote
I can't speak for hotels much since I live in the area and never need one. You might consider the Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront in Covington. It has a rotating restaurant at the top with great views of the city. I've eaten there a few times. The food was decent but it has been a few years. Last time I was there we took my nephew and really enjoyed watching the restaurant rotate. But again I can't speak for the quality of the rooms.

It's just across the river from the stadium. You can probably walk to the stadium from there (google says its a 30 minute walk, don't know) or I'm sure there are shuttles near by. As for Bengals related activities outside of the game or stadium, not sure aside from the pro shop and tailgates going on before the game. But if you are there for a bit of time the Zoo and Newport Aquarium are really cool, not Bengals related of course but they are both really nice.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Google is your friend. Not chastising you.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/HotelsNear-g60993-d526730-Paul_Brown_Stadium-Cincinnati_Ohio.html#MAPVIEW

This has been asked many times before. As you can see all the prices are about the same (150-250) whether you are downtown or on the Kentucky side. I strongly suggest you book ASAP. I have heard people suggesting staying on the Kentucky side, and walking across one of the bridges.....obviously not the interstate bridge. :)

Note is it likely the prices will be higher during gameday. Good luck.
Reply/Quote
Find a hotel in Newport.. walk across the bridge.

You can hang out at the banks or walk towards the stadium and on the left towards the new concert venue they have a huge area for kids.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals like Marriott products so the night before the game they are likely staying at either the Riverfront Marriott in Covington or the Renaissance downtown. Riverfront would be my first guess. You might get lucky and run into someone in the elevator. Its right across from the stadium just a walk across the bridge (abt 30 minutes) or there are shuttles. There will be plenty of people on foot across the bridge

How old are your boys?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2022, 01:28 PM)pally Wrote: The Bengals like Marriott products so the night before the game they are likely staying at either the Riverfront Marriott in Covington or the Renaissance downtown. Riverfront would be my first guess. You might get lucky and run into someone in the elevator. Its right across from the stadium just a walk across the bridge (abt 30 minutes) or there are shuttles. There will be plenty of people on foot across the bridge

How old are your boys?

They are 11 and 21. Sounds great. I’ll look into that
Reply/Quote
You can stay in any hotel that's on the Connector line. The Connector is the rail system that goes from Over The Rhine to the Banks (where both stadiums are) and it's free. There are many fine restaurants in OTR. Don't be afraid to go there. It's far safer than it was 10 or 15 years ago. My daughter lives there and feels totally safe.
Reply/Quote
If they like baseball too, the Reds HOF is nearby. You may want to check hours.
Reply/Quote
If you get time, and your younger one is into it, the Cincinnati zoo is one of the best in the nation.

I'm on my way out the door to go to the pool but I'll try and think of more.
Reply/Quote
If you are staying close to the stadium try Eli's BBQ.
Reply/Quote
We always stay at the Hyatt Regency Downtown. Super quick and easy walk to the stadium, fountain square, and lots of restaurants. You have to pay for parking, but the three day total for a weekend is similar to what they charge just for the game, so it always feels like a good deal!

We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott last season, which is brand new and not as expensive as the Hyatt. It's about the same distance to the stadium, but not as close to the other stuff in my estimation. It's closer to the Riverfront though! It's not a bad second choice. They don't have private parking, so you have to use a close municipal deck.

I agree with Fred. Absolutely go to Eli's BBQ. It's not a far drive from there and it's absolutely worth the visit.
Reply/Quote
Embassy Suites right across the bridge, easy walk.

Any of the ones right across the bridge in Ky are good and highly recommend getting a Skyline view room for a little more $.

Cincinnati has good ones as well but nothing compares to the Skyline view rooms in Ky imo. They have such an incredible view of the stadiums and the city as well with it reflecting off the river making it a very picturesque scene.

Easy walk across bridge or they have buses that run every 5 minutes or so to the stadium for only a $1. Parking is much cheaper on this side too, plus less traffic to the freeway if leaving afterwards.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Got an Airbnb in Bellevue across the river and had a pretty easy Uber ride to Longworth Hall from there. Seemed like a quaint little town along the river to me.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2022, 06:31 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Easy walk across bridge or they have buses that run every 5 minutes or so to the stadium for only a $1. Parking is much cheaper on this side too, plus less traffic to the freeway if leaving afterwards.

The shuttle did not run on the Kentucky side of the river last year. Don't know if it will this year or not.  

That us what I always used to do. Park in NNewport/Covington for a fraction of the price and ride the shuttle for $1.
Reply/Quote
My advice is to check out the zoo or aquarium if you have time. Lots of great restaurants (and open air seating) around the banks. And since it will be against the steelers, bring sanitizer and wash often.
Reply/Quote
Eat anywhere that sells geotta.. That alone will be worth the price of anything you'll ever do in your entire lifetime..  Well...maybe not to that extent, but it is good eats.. My grandmother used to make homemade goetta for Christmas which was even better than all the junk food and kiddie presents.. 
I've only stayed one night in a hotel in Cincinnati in my life and that was on my way to Great Lakes naval training in the blizzard of 77.. Yeah..that was a hoot.  Sad It gave me a lifetime hatred of the cold..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-03-2022, 01:02 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The shuttle did not run on the Kentucky side of the river last year. Don't know if it will this year or not.  

That us what I always used to do. Park in NNewport/Covington for a fraction of the price and ride the shuttle for $1.

Thanks, did not know per last year was the first time in 31 years I did not go to a game to help break the curse that started the year I bought my season tickets lol.

But the walk is easy and memorable across that historic bridge. Plus as close as you will be able to park in Cincinnati without owning a yearly parking pass for half the price.

Heck if money was their problem they could easily double or triple the $1 price without anybody even batting an eye. Doubt there would be much complaining at $5 a ride.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Comfort Suites Newport & ride the boat across. Always fun trip.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2022, 06:31 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Embassy Suites right across the bridge, easy walk.

Any of the ones right across the bridge in Ky are good and highly recommend getting a Skyline view room for a little more $.

Cincinnati has good ones as well but nothing compares to the Skyline view rooms in Ky imo. They have such an incredible view of the stadiums and the city as well with it reflecting off the river making it a very picturesque scene.

Easy walk across bridge or they have buses that run every 5 minutes or so to the stadium for only a $1. Parking is much cheaper on this side too, plus less traffic to the freeway if leaving afterwards.

I second this. Embassy also has a really nice made to order breakfast that’s included with the room. The $1 shuttle is right outside and they run through the city as well if you plan on going other places than the game. Plus, if you decide to have an adult beverage, you don’t have to worry about driving. Here is a map & list of destinations for the shuttles. Plus, they run so frequently you won’t find yourself waiting and the shuttles are well maintained. https://cincinnatiusa.com/sites/default/files/Southbank-Shuttle-Map-2018.pdf

Reply/Quote
I live close to Cincy. My friend always stays at the Embassy Suites mentioned when he comes to town. Loves the hotel and rooms. You can leave your car there and ride the shuttle as mentioned. Your boys may like the Banks area for hanging out. Have a fun trip.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote