Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Officials Tried To Rush Nuclear Technology To Saudis, House Panel Finds
(02-20-2019, 01:22 AM)Benton Wrote: Urine?

To the point, no, not really. As I've said for decades, we should leave the me to the me. Their issues date back thousands of years, nothing we do is going to have a positive impact there. 

I've advocated for more than a decade, take the money were spending "improving" the me and subsidizing oil, spend it on renewable energy and stay as far away as possible from that part of the world.

I would not mind helping if it would fix anything.  But until they separate their religion from their government no amount of bombs, diplomacy, blockades, foreign aid, sanctions, troops, or anything else is going to bring peace to the middle east.
(02-20-2019, 05:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I would not mind helping if it would fix anything.  But until they separate their religion from their government no amount of bombs, diplomacy, blockades, foreign aid, sanctions, troops, or anything else is going to bring peace to the middle east.

That's, more or less, my take.

I'm ok with us spending some money and getting people to sit down at a table and iron out differences. But the issues in the ME are beyond a handful of people sitting down and talking. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: 53241061_2613983798694658_84320478790523...e=5D25F7BD]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-06-2019, 10:49 AM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: 53241061_2613983798694658_84320478790523...e=5D25F7BD]

It would be worth it to have a separate, ongoing thread, just on security issues with this administration.  Current scandal being Trump's override of the CIA to get clearance for Kushner.  Kelly was so disturbed about that that he put his objections in writing.

There was pressure to clear Ivanka as well. https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/05/politics/ivanka-trump-security-clearance-pressure/index.html
(03-06-2019, 02:16 PM)Dill Wrote: It would be worth it to have a separate, ongoing thread, just on security issues with this administration.  Current scandal being Trump's override of the CIA to get clearance for Kushner.  Kelly was so disturbed about that that he put his objections in writing.

There was pressure to clear Ivanka as well. https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/05/politics/ivanka-trump-security-clearance-pressure/index.html

And she said DJT had nothing to do with it.  So either he lies to her too or she lied.

From what I understand the POTUS can do what he did though.  But just like with everything DJT does he did it against the advice of people who are smarter, better informed and know better so I don't trust his judgement.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-06-2019, 02:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: And she said DJT had nothing to do with it.  So either he lies to her too or she lied.

From what I understand the POTUS can do what he did though.  But just like with everything DJT does he did it against the advice of people who are smarter, better informed and know better so I don't trust his judgement.

Of course he CAN do it.  Just he can invite Russian diplomats and spies into the oval office, without our intel monitoring or even present, and divulge classified information from our allies, who are also adversaries of Russia.

Any Trump supporter can tell you he is not breaking the law when exposes state secrets to unnecessary risk.  He has a "right" to.

That is the problem with making a grifter with no knowledge of politics/government/policy the chief exec of the nation, protected from indictment, and with the power to declare and undeclare what is top secret.
(03-06-2019, 02:16 PM)Dill Wrote: It would be worth it to have a separate, ongoing thread, just on security issues with this administration.  Current scandal being Trump's override of the CIA to get clearance for Kushner.  Kelly was so disturbed about that that he put his objections in writing.

I made one!

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-WH-gears-up-to-fight-House-Dems-on-info-on-Trump-family-getting-security-clearances
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

What can anyone say. As long as you replace Hillary's name with Trump anything goes. That's the unfortunate lesson to learn after the 2016 elections.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22