Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After That First Half..
After the first half of football did anyone really think a Marvin Lewis led team would come out and put the Steelers away?

I watched how the team was clicking on all cylinders the first half and thought how is Marvin and company going to screw this up? It wasn’t a matter of if but how.

The thing I’m really most concerned with is what Mike Brown will do this offseason. Will he continue his stubborn ways and resign him?

I felt last nights game encapsulated Marvin Lewis career here. A guy that can never finish with his team.
Reply/Quote
Most of us were waiting for the other shoe to drop. I mean as a Bengals fan you can't even celebrate up by 10 in the 4th Q with less than 10min to go in the game.....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Just like the Chargers game in 2006 when the Bengals went into halftime with a 22 point lead — and lost.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 12:27 PM)GodFather Wrote: After the first half of football did anyone really think a Marvin Lewis led team would come out and put the Steelers away?

I watched how the team was clicking on all cylinders the first half and thought how is Marvin and company going to screw this up? It wasn’t a matter of if but how.

The thing I’m really most concerned with is what Mike Brown will do this offseason.  Will he continue his stubborn ways and resign him?

I felt last nights game encapsulated Marvin Lewis career here. A guy that can never finish with his team.

Brilliant summary of 15 wasted years.

Stubborn coach who cannot make half time adjustments and won't play rookies who are better than starters who have big contracts.

Stubborn owner who gives life time tenure to favored assistant coaches regardless of performance, refuses to hire scouts, refuses to build indoor facility, refuses to sign key free home grown free agents to roll over cap money that is never used.

The last two years were all destined to happen and were completely predictable following Mike Brown's failure to fire Marvin and staff after the 2015 playoff debacle against Steelers.

What college or professional organization would keep a coach who has a 2-14 record at home against biggest rival, not to mention poor record against other upper level teams, prime time disasters, and record breaking futility in playoff games.

This record of repeated failure and refusal to make changes is inconceivable with any other sports organization except the Mike Brown Bengals.

What fan base besides loyal Cincinnati fans would continue to support this inept organization.
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis to the Pit of Misery! Dilly, dilly!
[Image: dillydilly.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Marvin Lewis to the Pit of Misery! Dilly, dilly!

DILLY DILLY!
Reply/Quote
All rumors from industry “insiders” is Marv is retiring at the end of the season, so this loss should be the nail in the coffin.

Bigger question is, does MB follow suit. I’d love to see a complete start from scratch approach to the coaching staff with Katie hiring a GM that gets to pick the HC and a HC that gets to pick his entire staff.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 12:27 PM)GodFather Wrote: After the first half of football did anyone really think a Marvin Lewis led team would come out and put the Steelers away?

The thing I’m really most concerned with is what Mike Brown will do this offseason.  Will he continue his stubborn ways and resign him?

I went with a close Bengals win in the prediction thread because I felt like the game set up nicely as a potential upset.

However, when they went up 17-0, I still had almost no confidence that they would actually win the game. Instead, I was dreading the second half. Watching yet another 2nd half collapse was just unreal in one sense and completely expected in another.
Reply/Quote
I am being honest here. I really thought that if we just kept being aggressive we had this. We did start off the 2nd half doing what we had in the 1st half, but I believe we had a penalty that set us back and forced us to punt. Then the whole Bell TD down the sideline kind of took the wind out of sails. We still seemed to be aggressive somewhat on offense but you could see the conservative side coming on...
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:21 PM)Takedown Wrote: DILLY DILLY!

DILLY DILLY!!!
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 12:27 PM)GodFather Wrote: FAfter the first half of football did anyone really think a Marvin Lewis led team would come out and put the Steelers away?

It actually started at the end of the first half. Where the Bengal defense collapsed and allowed a score with no time on the clock. 

The Steelers last two drives at the end of the game were amazing. The Bengals last drive? Three and out. That's the difference between Marvin and Mike.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:43 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I am being honest here. I really thought that if we just kept being aggressive we had this. We did start off the 2nd half doing what we had in the 1st half, but I believe we had a penalty that set us back and forced us to punt. Then the whole Bell TD down the sideline kind of took the wind out of sails. We still seemed to be aggressive somewhat on offense but you could see the conservative side coming on...

No way! You didn't. After years of watching the Bengals collapse in the second half? I saw absolutely no reason to believe that the Bengals would pull this out. That's not how Marvin rolls.
Reply/Quote
Last night we witnessed vintage playoff Bengals.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I went with a close Bengals win in the prediction thread because I felt like the game set up nicely as a potential upset.

However, when they went up 17-0, I still had almost no confidence that they would actually win the game. Instead, I was dreading the second half. Watching yet another 2nd half collapse was just unreal in one sense and completely expected in another.

Dude...I almost texted my Steelers friends to rub it in...but wisely decided not to.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Marvin Lewis to the Pit of Misery! Dilly, dilly!

and take PA with you. 

DILLY DILLY !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:13 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Last night we witnessed vintage playoff Bengals.

vintage any "primetime" Bengals game 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

I expected the Steelers to come back for sure and make it very close and probably win. Played out like this time and time
again. This like you said pretty much encapsulates Marvin Lewis. The most conservative coach in the NFL and this was
expected by me. Seen this too often.

Good news is that the next coach will have a good team to work with. The running game hasn't been this good against
the Steelers in like forever.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 12:29 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Just like the Chargers game in 2006 when the Bengals went into halftime with a 22 point lead — and lost.

True. But Marvin hasn't  lost 24 games against the Chargers. A 17 point lead, at home against your arch rival. It is nearly impossible to lose a game like this. Unless your name is Marvin.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:24 PM)Go Cards Wrote: and take PA with you. 

DILLY DILLY !

YES! DILLY DILLYYY!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Football is 60 minutes, not 30. Maybe the Bengals should try girls softball?
Reply/Quote