Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After rewatching the game...observations:
1.) CJ Uzomah had GREAT acceleration to get space from Humphry after swatting him out of the way. I'm sure he would have caught him if it was a long distance, but he exploded after that swat. I didn't realize in real time how quick he accelerated.

2.) The third and short play where Mixon was lined up outside Burrow and Perine was behind him and they made the decision to run Perine in to an 8 man wall, NO ONE went with Mixon. That play may be there for the taking next time against any other opponent. That was the first time I saw a formation with both Mixon and Perine in the backfield. I think it that was Mixon behind Burrow and EVANS as the option, it makes the play even tougher to defend.

3.) Statistically, Logan Wilson didn't stand out. No sacks, no INTs, etc. Watching again, he made a HUGE hit on Lamar in space (at full speed) on 3rd and 23 to prevent him from scrambling for a few more yards and allowing them to try a FG. He forced a punt. I also saw Wilson hit Lamar two other times, in space, and hit him pretty hard. Those hits paid dividends in the end.

4.) ADG had some serious speed running sideline-to-sideline on a number of plays.

5.) Higgins mistimed his jump on a deep pass that would have been an easy pass interference if he stopped and jumped straight up, as the defender was beat and not looking for the ball at all. I am sure his receivers coach will cover that in practice. He is getting open, the ball was just a little underthrown. The play where he spun like a top was PI and pathetic not to be called.

6.) The play late in the first half where Ja'Marr was hit (in stride) on a crossing route was a thing of beauty. As he was cutting and sprinting across the field, he picked up a new Raven defender about every 7 yards. He had three trailing him by the time he reached the sideline. They never even touched him. He slowed down and hurdled a guy laying on the ground that I believe Higgins blocked to the turf. It wasn't the biggest catch of his during the game, but, man, was it beautiful.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What is getting my attention is the discipline in the trenches on BOTH sides of the ball since the season started.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 06:29 PM)Interceptor Wrote: What is getting my attention is the discipline in the trenches on BOTH sides of the ball since the season started.

Yep!  Hendrickson has to be careful with his chatter, though...as humorousrous as it is, we don't want a stupid taunting penalty.  
Reply/Quote
#6 had me speechless during the game. His speed was on full display. While he didn't pick up a ton of yards after the catch, they couldn't box him in and he kept making small gains and he had the FORESIGHT TO GET OUT OF BOUNDS. Physically gifted and a head for the game. I'll take it.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 06:48 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: #6 had me speechless during the game.  His speed was on full display.  While he didn't pick up a ton of yards after the catch, they couldn't box him in and he kept making small gains and he had the FORESIGHT TO GET OUT OF BOUNDS.  Physically gifted and a head for the game.  I'll take it.

Chase is a WR built like a RB.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 06:07 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: 1.) CJ Uzomah had GREAT acceleration to get space from Humphry after swatting him out of the way.  I'm sure he would have caught him if it was a long distance, but he exploded after that swat.  I didn't realize in real time how quick he accelerated.  

2.) The third and short play where Mixon was lined up outside Burrow and Perine was behind him and they made the decision to run Perine in to an 8 man wall, NO ONE went with Mixon.  That play may be there for the taking next time against any other opponent.  That was the first time I saw a formation with both Mixon and Perine in the backfield.  I think it that was Mixon behind Burrow and EVANS as the option, it makes the play even tougher to defend.

3.) Statistically, Logan Wilson didn't stand out.  No sacks, no INTs, etc.  Watching again, he made a HUGE hit on Lamar in space (at full speed) on 3rd and 23 to prevent him from scrambling for a few more yards and allowing them to try a FG.  He forced a punt.  I also saw Wilson hit Lamar two other times, in space, and hit him pretty hard.  Those hits paid dividends in the end.

4.) ADG had some serious speed running sideline-to-sideline on a number of plays.  

5.) Higgins mistimed his jump on a deep pass that would have been an easy pass interference if he stopped and jumped straight up, as the defender was beat and not looking for the ball at all.  I am sure his receivers coach will cover that in practice.  He is getting open, the ball was just a little underthrown.  The play where he spun like a top was PI and pathetic not to be called.

6.) The play late in the first half where Ja'Marr was hit (in stride) on a crossing route was a thing of beauty.  As he was cutting and sprinting across the field, he picked up a new Raven defender about every 7 yards.  He had three trailing him by the time he reached the sideline.  They never even touched him.  He slowed down and hurdled a guy laying on the ground that I believe Higgins blocked to the turf.  It wasn't the biggest catch of his during the game, but, man, was it beautiful.

On 3.) and 4.) Logan had a great TFL on Leveon Bell in the 1st half where he tackled him for a 5 yard loss.

ADG had a monster tip late in the game where he almost made an interception on a 4th down to turn over the Rats on downs.

Love these young LB's.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 07:27 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Chase is a WR built like a RB.

I have said it before but the WR that Chase reminds me of the most is Steve Smith WR of the Panthers back in the day.

Steve Young just said the same thing today and he said that Chase might be even tougher, I don't know about that but Chase 
does seem faster and has the same ball skills and is a bit bigger. Both built like RB's but with fantastic hands.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 08:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have said it before but the WR that Chase reminds me of the most is Steve Smith WR of the Panthers back in the day.

Steve Young just said the same thing today and he said that Chase might be even tougher, I don't know about that but Chase 
does seem faster and has the same ball skills and is a bit bigger. Both built like RB's but with fantastic hands.

Aaaaaaaand.... He can block like a FB.  Smirk
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 08:04 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Aaaaaaaand.... He can block like a FB.  Smirk

Sure made that Safety look silly freeing up Mixon, he ain't no FB though lol
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 08:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have said it before but the WR that Chase reminds me of the most is Steve Smith WR of the Panthers back in the day.

Yeah I don't know if anyone is tougher than Smith that dude was legit crazy.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 06:07 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: 6.) The play late in the first half where Ja'Marr was hit (in stride) on a crossing route was a thing of beauty.  As he was cutting and sprinting across the field, he picked up a new Raven defender about every 7 yards.  He had three trailing him by the time he reached the sideline.  They never even touched him.  He slowed down and hurdled a guy laying on the ground that I believe Higgins blocked to the turf.  It wasn't the biggest catch of his during the game, but, man, was it beautiful.
(10-26-2021, 06:48 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: #6 had me speechless during the game.  His speed was on full display.  While he didn't pick up a ton of yards after the catch, they couldn't box him in and he kept making small gains and he had the FORESIGHT TO GET OUT OF BOUNDS.  Physically gifted and a head for the game.  I'll take it.
I'd like to add his vision during that play was amazing. Constantly towards the sideline except for a couple of quick glances to measure the angles and speed of the defenders

And it wasn't JUST a hurdle as he went out of bounds. If you watch it again, it was a cut back and hurdle at the same time. Damn, that was AWESOME!
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
From the "Insights" column on the sidebar of the NFL Game Pass video screen.

The Bengals became the first team with 5+ TD of 20+ yards in a game since the Saints in Week 8, 2015.

Joe Burrow had a career-high 416 pass yards, the 3rd-most in a game among CIN QBs in the last 30 seasons.

The Bengals scored 40+ points in a game vs Ravens for the first time since Week 12, 2005.

Joe Burrow is the 5th QB in NFL history with a 60+ comp pct and 2+ pass TD in each of their team's first 7 games of a season.

Ja'Marr Chase (754) surpassed ARI Anquan Boldin (621 in 2003) for the most rec yards in a player's first 7 career games since 1970.

The Ravens lost a game by 7+ points for the 3rd time in Lamar Jackson's 44 career starts.

The Bengals are 54-5-2 in games when scoring 25+ points since 2011.

Joe Burrow defeated a fellow Heisman-winning QB as starter for the first time in his career (was 0-3).

The Bengals have made the playoffs all 6 times they have started 5-2 or better since 1990.

Samaje Perine's score in the 4th qtr was the 8th rush TD allowed by the Ravens to an RB this season. BAL allowed 7 rush TD to RBs in 2020 (T-fewest in NFL).

The Ravens have allowed 400+ total yards for the 4th time this season (3 such games in 2020).

The Ravens have allowed 100+ rec yards to a WR for the first time this season (1 of 4 teams to not allow 100+ entering game).

Joe Burrow has joined HOF Dan Marino (1984) as the only 2nd-year QBs in the Super Bowl era with 2+ pass TD in each of their team's first 7 games of a season.

This is the first time CIN and BAL have met in Wk 7 or later with the winner guaranteed to be in 1st place in the division at the end of the week since Week 8, 2014.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 02:13 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: From the "Insights" column on the sidebar of the NFL Game Pass video screen.

The Bengals became the first team with 5+ TD of 20+ yards in a game since the Saints in Week 8, 2015.

Joe Burrow had a career-high 416 pass yards, the 3rd-most in a game among CIN QBs in the last 30 seasons.

The Bengals scored 40+ points in a game vs Ravens for the first time since Week 12, 2005.

Joe Burrow is the 5th QB in NFL history with a 60+ comp pct and 2+ pass TD in each of their team's first 7 games of a season.

Ja'Marr Chase (754) surpassed ARI Anquan Boldin (621 in 2003) for the most rec yards in a player's first 7 career games since 1970.

The Ravens lost a game by 7+ points for the 3rd time in Lamar Jackson's 44 career starts.

Joe Burrow defeated a fellow Heisman-winning QB as starter for the first time in his career (was 0-3).

The Bengals have made the playoffs all 6 times they have started 5-2 or better since 1990.

Samaje Perine's score in the 4th qtr was the 8th rush TD allowed by the Ravens to an RB this season. BAL allowed 7 rush TD to RBs in 2020 (T-fewest in NFL).

The Ravens have allowed 400+ total yards for the 4th time this season (3 such games in 2020).

The Ravens have allowed 100+ rec yards to a WR for the first time this season (1 of 4 teams to not allow 100+ entering game).

Joe Burrow has joined HOF Dan Marino (1984) as the only 2nd-year QBs in the Super Bowl era with 2+ pass TD in each of their team's first 7 games of a season.

This is the first time CIN and BAL have met in Wk 7 or later with the winner guaranteed to be in 1st place in the division at the end of the week since Week 8, 2014.

Wasn't Trevor Lawrence a Hiesman winner? No seriously, I don't watch college football. I thought he won one early in his college career.
Reply/Quote

Yep, only Chase is taller, faster, and has more insane routes.  Smith was tough as nails, though, and tracked the deep ball incredibly well.  
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 02:13 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: From the "Insights" column on the sidebar of the NFL Game Pass video screen.

That is an insane stat.  They are now averaging 27 points per game for the season and over 35 for the last two.  

Trending well!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 01:52 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I'd like to add his vision during that play was amazing. Constantly towards the sideline except for a couple of quick glances to measure the angles and speed of the defenders

And it wasn't JUST a hurdle as he went out of bounds. If you watch it again, it was a cut back and hurdle at the same time. Damn, that was AWESOME!

His athleticism is off the charts. That strength of 23 reps of 225 (for a WR!) showed when he blocked for Mixon.  His speed has shown all season, just gliding past guys effortlessly.  His routes were on full display against the Rats (it was almost like they saved them for that game!).  

I also love his humility.  I know, he talked about breaking records before he even started, but I think some of that is how he motivates himself.  He said he looks at the stats of all the WRs each week because he wants to be on top.   He calls his shot, but he backs it up.  But, back to the humility part:  Someone asked him if the WR makes the QB better or if the QB makes the WR better.  I immediately thought he would say both (correctly, IMHO) but he said "I think the QB made me better because when I first met Joe, I focused on just my routes and hands, but I learned how to study film and break down my opponents from Joe."

I absolutely love both of these guys.  Hell, I love this whole team.  
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 07:27 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Chase is a WR built like a RB.

Well he's a running back that converted to Wide receiver, soooo....... Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 07:27 AM)Mer Wrote: Wasn't Trevor Lawrence a Hiesman winner? No seriously, I don't watch college football. I thought he won one early in his college career.

Nope. The most recent Heisman winners were;

2020 - DeVonta Smith
2019 - Joe Burrow
2018 - Kyler Murray
2017 - Baker Mayfield
2016 - Lamar Jackson
2015 - Derrick Henry

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 08:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nope. The most recent Heisman winners were; DeVonta Smith, Joe Burrow, Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson, Derrick Henry.

Lawrence DID win the coveted "Head most likely to be confused as a horse head" award.  Man, I so want to measure that dome.  It's MASSIVE. 
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 08:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Lawrence DID win the coveted "Head most likely to be confused as a horse head" award.  Man, I so want to measure that dome.  It's MASSIVE. 

And the single worst long hair look of anyone to wear long hair.. I say that as a lifelong long hair person.. Smirk
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote