Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easiest Thing to Fix
If you have been around awhile you knew there was a strong possibility that we were going to lose the last 2 games. Granted KC was kind of a toss up but after they lost that close one last week, and we again lost a close one to our hated rivals - and then that game was moved to PT in KC, one of the loudest NFL stadiums...

Well i for one didn't have a good feeling about it and a rout was a strong possibility in the back of my mind.

Sure you always hope Marvin is going to get over the PT/PO hump but we are obviously not there yet. Still, we are only 7 games in and a half game out of first place in the division. The easiest thing to fix would be for the team to realize this and not panic. Just get back to what was working on offense and that would be uptempo and then pray the D can come away with a couple miracle turn overs.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 11:09 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: If you have been around awhile you knew there was a strong possibility that we were going to lose the last 2 games. Granted KC was kind of a toss up but after they lost that close one last week, and we again lost a close one to our hated rivals - and then that game was moved to PT in KC, one of the loudest NFL stadiums...

Well i for one didn't have a good feeling about it and a rout was a strong possibility in the back of my mind.

Sure you always hope Marvin is going to get over the PT/PO hump but we are obviously not there yet. Still, we are only 7 games in and a half game out of first place in the division. The easiest thing to fix would be for the team to realize this and not panic. Just get back to what was working on offense and that would be uptempo and then pray the D can come away with a couple miracle turn overs.

We are long past the point of Marv turning anything around and becoming a good coach in PT/POs as well as Dalton magically becoming a consistent top 10 QB, making plays against good teams under bright lights. Shit is what it will always be with them. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 11:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: We are long past the point of Marv turning anything around and becoming a good coach in PT/POs as well as Dalton magically becoming a consistent top 10 QB, making plays against good teams under bright lights. Shit is what it will always be with them. 

Yes the entire team still shits the bed under the lights. It is what it is. Stay or leave. (not you personally but all fans)

Mike and Marvin are the constant. All of those teams before 2011 sucked in PT/PO too. In fact, and i brought this up in another thread..i would really like to know the Bengals all time PT record. Any idea where i can find that information?

I know all time PO record is 5-14. Which is sad.
And Marvin i believe is 8-32 in PT.  Sick

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 11:28 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Yes the entire team still shits the bed under the lights. It is what it is. Stay or leave. (not you personally but all fans)

Mike and Marvin are the constant. All of those teams before 2011 sucked in PT/PO too. In fact, and i brought this up in another thread..i would really like to know the Bengals all time PT record. Any idea where i can find that information?

Yep. 

I'm sure it's out there somewhere but i can't find it. Probably have to spend some time compiling it from profootball reference yearly records or something. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 09:52 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: What in your opinion would be the easiest thing to fix for this team?

To me, it has to be the hands. We are having dropped balls on offense AND defense. These guys need to put in extra tip drills and catching drills.

If some of those picks go our way, we make some of those catches, last night is a much closer game.

The easiest thing for Mike Brown to do to fix this team would be to replace himself with an actual football GM. But, of course, he won't.

That's really also the only fix that has a chance of making this team into a contender.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 11:28 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Yes the entire team still shits the bed under the lights. It is what it is. Stay or leave. (not you personally but all fans)

Through the '89 season, they were 7-13 under the lights. I'll do some more bean counting later. 

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 12:25 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Through the '89 season, they were 7-13 under the lights. I'll do some more bean counting later. 

Oh well i didn't expect much from them this year and they've delivered.....probably earlier on schedule! At this rate at least i won't feel guilty about having my Sunday's back to play with my kids instead! LOL
Reply/Quote
Run the ball more,play calling. But i think we really need personel moves also.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think Lazor has called 2 pretty poor games in a row honestly. Joe Mixon having 13 carries and 11 carries is inexcusable. He’s made the offense way too one dimensional. Now that Boyd has come back down to earth it’s AJ or nothing.

I'm a big Lazor fan - but I think he has to change maybe and force the run/pass balance a bit more.

Yes , the game got away from then versus KC but this is a chicken & egg type thing...if you keep throwing and keep going 3 & out quickly then the D is not getting a lot of rest.

Its almost one of those deals where you might want to just run on all 3 downs every so often just to keep them honest even if you don't get the first down. 
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 09:52 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: What in your opinion would be the easiest thing to fix for this team?

To me, it has to be the hands. We are having dropped balls on offense AND defense. These guys need to put in extra tip drills and catching drills.

If some of those picks go our way, we make some of those catches, last night is a much closer game.

That was definately the problem on Sunday night too along with these terrible LB's that cannot tackle to save their lives.
Reply/Quote