Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After years of speculation, seems us "dumb message board fans" were on to something..
(01-09-2019, 12:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm sure hoping that is the case, and it does appear that it is.  If it was Vance or Hue, I have no idea why they wouldn't have already announced it.

The interesting part here, is that it appears a lot of people on here were right.  Mike is stepping away, and it shows with the moves they have made recently that Mike Clown never made.  Firing Zampese mid season, firing Piano Man, making trades in the draft, etc.  We may have some hope after all......

Agreed,

I can't imagine the Bengals just doing a bunch of interviews just to appease the fans ! Fan approval has never been even a slight consideration.

And oh my ! It would be so very nice if Mike is truly, finally, turning it over. 

We'll find out soon enough when the make the new HC announcement. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:01 PM)Benton Wrote: I hope I'm wrong, too. 

As to kubiak, I think the only way they could've been denied is if they requested him for a lateral position. If they we're interviewing for hc, I don't think Denver could've stopped them.  I guess they could've been trying to be sneaky about it so as not to scare anyone, but as no one is interested in our short list, I don't think so.

Kubiak could've just been all smoke screen. Request an interview likely to be turned down so fans at least think you're trying to do something.

Or it could have been Vance Joseph saying if you hire me I can bring Gary Kubiak.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Personally, I can't see them going with Hue, Lazor or Simmons, and I think Joseph only gets the job if they can't find an external guy that they're really comfortable with. But who knows. If it is someone from the staff, it really does zero to reignite the fan base.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 12:34 PM)depthchart Wrote: Given Mike's age, he will need to delegate more and more as time goes by.

It may be that Mike wants to be alive during the transition to Katie etc.

Allow them to get on the bike and ride it with him around to see that it all goes smoothly for them.

Never giving them absolute Power but as near to absolute as possible for him to still feel comfortable and to get them ready.

Maybe letting them shape their own future while he observes & advises.

This was all I could think of when you said "absolute power."
[Image: giphy.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Fellas.

Just be practical and logic based

Laughingstock franchise

Awful city deal and refusal to spend money on own stadium or practice facility

30 years of sustained failure or at peak, fleeting competence

Outdated stadium and lease expiring in 8 years

Rampant cronisim and nepotism driving the whole org

Massive decline in attendance

Nfls desire to expand markets, even internationally

The Cincinnati Bengals won’t be here once the stadium lease expires.

They will cap their tenure here with 38 straight years of zero playoff wins
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This was all I could think of when you said "absolute power."
[Image: giphy.gif]

What was the image you posted ?

I'm at work and they filter certain things out not allowing me to see them.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:19 PM)depthchart Wrote: What was the image you posted ?

I'm at work and they filter certain things out not allowing me to see them.

Emperor Palpatine shooting lightning screaming "UNLIMITED POWER!" lol
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Emperor Palpatine shooting lightning screaming "UNLIMITED POWER!" lol

I see Mike as more of an Eric Cartman saying " respect my authorit I "
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:07 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agreed,

I can't imagine the Bengals just doing a bunch of interviews just to appease the fans ! Fan approval has never been even a slight consideration.

And oh my ! It would be so very nice if Mike is truly, finally, turning it over. 

We'll find out soon enough when the make the new HC announcement. 
What if they are trying to impress the other 31 owners the NFL front office and media with interviews before naming an in house guy as HC.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:01 PM)Benton Wrote: I hope I'm wrong, too. 

As to kubiak, I think the only way they could've been denied is if they requested him for a lateral position. If they we're interviewing for hc, I don't think Denver could've stopped them.  I guess they could've been trying to be sneaky about it so as not to scare anyone, but as no one is interested in our short list, I don't think so.

Kubiak could've just been all smoke screen. Request an interview likely to be turned down so fans at least think you're trying to do something.

Man, if that last sentence is true.....it would be hard to remain loyal to this franchise.

(01-09-2019, 02:09 PM)Synric Wrote: Or it could have been Vance Joseph saying if you hire me I can bring Gary Kubiak.

That's an interesting scenario....

(01-09-2019, 02:12 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Personally, I can't see them going with Hue, Lazor or Simmons, and I think Joseph only gets the job if they can't find an external guy that they're really comfortable with. But who knows. If it is someone from the staff, it really does zero to reignite the fan base.

This is my position as well, I sure hope we're right.  I see the internal interviews as courtesies, and Vance as a fallback.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:34 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: What if they are trying to impress the other 31 owners the NFL front office and media with interviews before naming an in house guy as HC.

Man.....we are a jaded fanbase! LMAO

(....and for good reason)

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:18 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: Fellas.  

Laughingstock franchise

This is, the darkest, and most sinister scenario......and not really out of the realm of possibility, unfortunately.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:18 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: Fellas.  

Laughingstock franchise

I could see Bengals relocating to San Antonio, move to AFC South, and then push Indy to AFC North. 

EDIT - And before anyone says San Antonio wouldn't make sense....SA is the 7th largest city in the US, Texas could easily support a third NFL team, and the distance from SA to Dallas or Houston is further than Cincy to Indy.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I think we will be impressed and excited about the new head coach OC and DC. As much as we was last year about PA being fired and bringing in Pollock and the new QB coach. The waiting game I think is due to trying to have all the pieces in place before they announce it.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I could see Bengals relocating to San Antonio, move to AFC South, and then push Indy to AFC North. 

EDIT - And before anyone says San Antonio wouldn't make sense....SA is the 7th largest city in the US, Texas could easily support a third NFL team, and the distance from SA to Dallas or Houston is further than Cincy to Indy.

hmmm well at least would could get one of them XFL teams then lol
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:56 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: hmmm well at least would could get one of them XFL teams then lol

Definitely could lol. But I'd be curious to see what NFL team Cincinnatians would gravitate to if the Bengals left...would they stay with the Bengals if they relocated elsewhere? Would they become Colts, Browns, or even Titans fans?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 11:52 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: This explains a lot of the uncharacteristic Bengals moves recently......

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/01/07/wild-card-weekend-eagles-bears-chargers-ravens-cowboys-seahawks-colts-texans

.....although, I hope those two turds are only speculation by the writer. Whatever

Yeah, saw this in another thread and it is very encouraging except for the Vance Joseph and Hue thoughts which i believe don't have much basis. With Joseph they are just checking all the boxes in case they cannot get their guy cause he has not been a very good HC in Denver. It will be an outside hire or they would of already announced Hue, Simmons or Lazor.

Last Offseason opened my eyes with us moving on from PA whether it took way too damn long or not it is not what many would of ever predicted especially if Mikey was still running the show, than we brought in Pollack, traded for Glenn and selected a Center in the first round which we haven't done in like 30+ years.

Than we just moved on from Marv which not many thought would happen and we are looking at up and coming creative coaches from the outside instead of making the lazy hire from the inside.

Clearly Katie, Troy, Paul and Duke have had more control than ever and it is what we needed.
Reply/Quote
I can see the argument for Joseph but absolutely not for Hue. Simmons is nothing special but has respect from players and I do not see any quality in Lazor that screams "head coach". I will be pissed if Katie et al. hires internal candidate. I have a lot of respect for Katie (I know some don't but I most certainly do). But I would question her judgment if she hires any of the internal candidate.

Joseph was a "hot" candidate before he was hired by Denver. I understand that the team is looking for a young innovative offensive coach so my thinking is this rules out Joseph as head coach but he could be DC candidate.

No journalist or even Lapham knows who is favored. It is against the law and/or organizational policy to reveal such because according to human resources for most organizations, the Bengals or corporation could be sued for discrimination and bias. These people are speculating and have no clue.

I hope my gut is correct and I think Katie et al. is going for a "hot" new coach and that would mean Monken, or Taylor or Waldron. I am not sure if Eric Bienienmy would fit this category but I think Eric could very well be the next Bengal coach. In speculation i say this because Eric is very blunt and truthful which gains respect from players. He holds players accountable and tells them how it is. He is the antithesis of Marvin Lewis.

If the Bengals were going internal, they would have announced it by today it seems, even if they are still interviewing new coaching positioning openings.

Also keep in mind the team doesn't have to announce everyone they are interviewing. The next Bengal head coach may not even be on he radar at this point. Unlikely but possibly.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 03:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Definitely could lol. But I'd be curious to see what NFL team Cincinnatians would gravitate to if the Bengals left...would they stay with the Bengals if they relocated elsewhere? Would they become Colts, Browns, or even Titans fans?

based on closest team for me it would be the colts but would still hold the bengals in my heart as long as they didn't change names...  

Or root for the last ohio team standing. as hard as that will be to do.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 03:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: based on closest team for me it would be the colts but would still hold the bengals in my heart as long as they didn't change names...  

Or root for the last ohio team standing. as hard as that will be to do.

My closest team would be the Titans.....but I think I would just take the team that has been my "side *****" since the early 90s, the Saints.

Reply/Quote