Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After years of speculation, seems us "dumb message board fans" were on to something..
(01-09-2019, 11:03 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: How do we really know this?

Who is to say that Mike Brown & family don't have a relationship with Hue regardless of Marvin?

I'm just saying that Marvin was friends with Hue...  but can't he be friends/comrades with anyone else?  LOL

Marv has said it himself and every time there is even a suggestion of Hue being the HC it comes from Marv.

Hue also left our team and went to the Stains man. Would surprise me if that didn't pizz off Mikey boy and company...
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 10:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hue was Marv's buddy, i don't see him being involved with the team unless the new HC wants him as OC.

Remember Marvin pitched the plan to make Hue his successor, but MB wouldn't put it in writing.

So MB might not be as into Hue as people think.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 11:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Marv has said it himself and every time there is even a suggestion of Hue being the HC it comes from Marv.

Hue also left our team and went to the Stains man. Would surprise me if that didn't pizz off Mikey boy and company...

You sound like Baker Mayfield right now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 11:28 PM)jason Wrote: You sound like Baker Mayfield right now.

LOL!!!

Sorry about that. But this is true from everything i have heard and read.

Hue is Marv's guy, not the Bengal FO's.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 11:28 PM)jason Wrote: You sound like Baker Mayfield right now.

Mayfield has God complex...a rookie giving coaches suggestions via skype...what a narcissist.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 11:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Marv has said it himself and every time there is even a suggestion of Hue being the HC it comes from Marv.

Why is he still around then?

If Mike was that pissed-off, then why would he allow him to return in the first place?

Something seems amiss with the whole thing.

I'm just sayin', it may not be just because of Marvin.

Damn, I've heard so many things about how badly Mikey wanted to hire Hue but was hesitant because of the backlash.

Then there was "the succession plan" of Marvin.

Have we really forgotten about all of that stuff?

It wouldn't suprise me one bit if Hue was a mix of keep the old and bring in the new.

This is the same team that made Marvin keep existing coaches when he arrived.

I know they are stating this is a new regime that is involved but Mike Brown is still there lurking in the shadows.

He's kind of the like bad guy in the movies. 

You'd better double tap him in the head to make sure he's dead.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 11:52 AM)Wyche Wrote: This explains a lot of the uncharacteristic Bengals moves recently......

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/01/07/wild-card-weekend-eagles-bears-chargers-ravens-cowboys-seahawks-colts-texans

.....although, I hope those two turds are only speculation by the writer. Whatever

Been saying that for years...it was largely Katie, Troy, and Marvin.  Duke did most of the personnel evaluations but there was a rift with Marvin over Ross vs Reuben Foster.  Another absolute idiot to help our team image.  If you want to look back and say they could have had Mahommes, fine, but Foster had more red flags than anyone coming out of that draft.  Marvin didn't care.  
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 03:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Definitely could lol. But I'd be curious to see what NFL team Cincinnatians would gravitate to if the Bengals left...would they stay with the Bengals if they relocated elsewhere? Would they become Colts, Browns, or even Titans fans?

I got married in Nashville and I love Tennessee as does my wife. So Tennessee would be my fall back probably. Plus its close to Cincinnati...

I can't say that for sure though.. If the majority of that roster were to stay with the team when they relocate then I don't know how I would be willing to let go of players I rooted for/fell in love with for 'x' amount of years. I think it all depends. If it's out of the country then I will likely be a Titans fan.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 08:56 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Especially if they changed their name to something like The Pelicans.   WTF Hilarious

We should try to think of the worst names they could come up with...
  • The Ocelots
  • The Armadillos
  • The Narwhals (this might be cool if they put giant horns on their helmets when they played the Steelers)
  • The Pigeons
  • The Quokkas (google it...)
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 11:38 AM)Earendil Wrote: We should try to think of the worst names they could come up with...

• The Ocelots
  • The Armadillos
  • The Narwhals (this might be cool if they put giant horns on their helmets when they played the Steelers)
  • The Pigeons

The Albatross would be most fitting.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 11:38 AM)Earendil Wrote: We should try to think of the worst names they could come up with...

• The Ocelots
  • The Armadillos
  • The Pigeons

I belive Harleys favorite would be The Tall Boys.

It could go dog related though...  you just never know!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 07:45 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Why is he still around then?

If Mike was that pissed-off, then why would he allow him to return in the first place?

Something seems amiss with the whole thing.

I'm just sayin', it may not be just because of Marvin.

Damn, I've heard so many things about how badly Mikey wanted to hire Hue but was hesitant because of the backlash.

Then there was "the succession plan" of Marvin.

Have we really forgotten about all of that stuff?

It wouldn't suprise me one bit if Hue was a mix of keep the old and bring in the new.

This is the same team that made Marvin keep existing coaches when he arrived.

I know they are stating this is a new regime that is involved but Mike Brown is still there lurking in the shadows.

He's kind of the like bad guy in the movies. 

You'd better double tap him in the head to make sure he's dead.

Sorry i lost the thread and never got back to your post Rocker, but did you even read the OP?

In the interviewing process Mikey is not even in the room, it is Katie, Troy, Paul and Duke. MIKE BROWN IS NOT INVOLVED.

It is not like it used to be, Hue is not under contract so we don't have to release him etc.

Eric Beinemy will most likely be announced as the new HC after the Chiefs are eliminated from the Playoffs which could happen Saturday against a tough Colts team that has an underrated Defense and Luck finally playing up to his hype.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 07:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sorry i lost the thread and never got back to your post Rocker, but did you even read the OP?

In the interviewing process Mikey is not even in the room, it is Katie, Troy, Paul and Duke. MIKE BROWN IS NOT INVOLVED.

It is not like it used to be, Hue is not under contract so we don't have to release him etc.

Eric Beinemy will most likely be announced as the new HC after the Chiefs are eliminated from the Playoffs which could happen Saturday against a tough Colts team that has an underrated Defense and Luck finally playing up to his hype.

I know.  Have read this and heard it as well.

Just call me a skeptic.

Mike Brown might not be there in the interview process but he's still lurking in the shadows.

It's still his team.

I'll believe Hue is gone when he's actually gone.  Same as Mikey not meddling... even if it's later in the process.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 07:55 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I know.  Have read this and heard it as well.

Just call me a skeptic.

Mike Brown might not be there in the interview process but he's still lurking in the shadows.

It's still his team.

I'll believe Hue is gone when he's actually gone.  Same as Mikey not meddling... even if it's later in the process.

Cool, i bet our new HC is either Beinemy or Zac Taylor myself.

I don't see them throwing this franchise away for a coach like Hue who the fans would revolt against.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 07:45 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Why is he still around then?

You know I've been reading a lot of these posts, but not following religiously.

Are there confirmations that Hue is still around or speculations via fans and media.

Hue isn't under contract, so why would he be around at all?

Are we just making assumptions from un-sourced media?  Honest question....
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:16 AM)Stewy Wrote: You know I've been reading a lot of these posts, but not following religiously.

Are there confirmations that Hue is still around or speculations via fans and media.

Motivated by fear.  Just needing confirmation that the boogyman is gone.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:16 AM)Stewy Wrote: You know I've been reading a lot of these posts, but not following religiously.

(01-11-2019, 11:18 AM)McC Wrote: Motivated by fear.  Just needing confirmation that the boogyman is gone.  

Like Rocker said he is a skeptic and understandably so.

We have all been so jaded by this franchise some of us just expect us to make the absolute wrong decisions.

I think the evidence started last Offseason that things are different though, Hue will not be signed unless Taylor or Beinemy think he is the best fit at OC which i doubt they will think he is.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 07:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sorry i lost the thread and never got back to your post Rocker, but did you even read the OP?

But doesn’t it say Mike is in the room?
It says these four (Mike, Katie, Mr Katie and her Bro) plus Tobin are doing the interviews is how I read it.
I can’t believe Mike would step away like that. He’s giving up some control but no way he’s not involved with this process in some way.

“Those four, and personnel chief Duke Tobin, are the ones in the room for the interviews”
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 03:48 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: But doesn’t it say Mike is in the room?
It says these four (Mike, Katie, Mr Katie and her Bro) plus Tobin are doing the interviews is how I read it.
I can’t believe Mike would step away like that. He’s giving up some control but no way he’s not involved with this process in some way.

“Those four, and personnel chief Duke Tobin, are the ones in the room for the interviews”

Does say these four and Tobin you are correct. I heard another snippet from someone else that said Mikey wasn't in the room, it wasn't in the OP. I think Mikey is more just signing off and stuff though, these moves are very uncharacteristic of him.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 03:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Does say these four and Tobin you are correct. I heard another snippet from someone else that said Mikey wasn't in the room, it wasn't in the OP. I think Mikey is more just signing off and stuff though, these moves are very uncharacteristic of him.

I agree that the others are making the decisions now and MB probably just uses final veto power if he disagrees. This is good news for sure but I can’t see him ever giving up total control. He’s always going to have a say in what happens if he wants to. Just glad to see that his “kids” look like they are changing the way the Bengals operate.
Reply/Quote