Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Against Titans, line only allowed pressure on 5 of Dalton's 36 Attempts
The Bengals offensive line had arguably it’s best outing of the season and Smith was a big reason why. As a unit, they yielded pressure on only five of QB Andy Dalton’s 36 dropbacks.

Andre Smith was superb grading out at 87.6.

Billings graded out at 82.2 which is Good.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-tennessee-titans-24-cincinnati-bengals-20
Reply/Quote
If Smith can stay healthy, Right tackle should cease to be a problem. Now if they could just do something with the left tackle....
Reply/Quote
Hopefully this starts a new trend with OL and Billings.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Yeah that would be pretty huge.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 12:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If Smith can stay healthy, Right tackle should cease to be a problem. Now if they could just do something with the left tackle....

I would be in favor of bringing Smith back after this year to be the RT at least through 2019.
Find near-guaranteed upgrades at C and RG and this line could be solid again for next year even if the Bengals trot out Ogbuehi at LT again.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Outside of the blindside shot that resulted in a fumble, they really did have a much better outing, although I didn't watch the second half.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The pass blocking was solid yesterday but the run blocking was still woeful which led to our offense sucking once again.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 01:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: Outside of the blindside shot that resulted in a fumble, they really did have a much better outing, although I didn't watch the second half.

And the pressure allowed when the Titans rushed 3 at the end. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 01:58 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: And the pressure allowed when the Titans rushed 3 at the end. 

Ugh..... :paul:

Reply/Quote
Yeah that whiff by Ogbuehi that led to the strip sack was pure awfulness, but the overall performance was better. As far as pass blocking anyway.

This unit needs more than one semi-decent game to convince me though.

The passing game held up it's end. We need get better running the football (understatement) while maintaining that pass blocking.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 01:57 PM)Sweetness Wrote: The pass blocking was solid yesterday but the run blocking was still woeful which led to our offense sucking once again.

I think both our RBs averaged over 4 YPC yesterday.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 02:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah that whiff by Ogbuehi that led to the strip sack was pure awfulness, but the overall performance was better. As far as pass blocking anyway.

This unit needs more than one semi-decent game to convince me though.

The passing game held up it's end. We need get better running the football (understatement) while maintaining that pass blocking.

gotta get better at getting off the field on defense and not giving them more chances with dumb ass penalties on 3rd down
Reply/Quote
Man, can you imagine how bad this OL would be if they actually ran a normal playbook rather than an obviously truncated offense based around the reality that their OL sucks and the ball needs to get out quickly?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
IF the line solidified a bit, mainly Hopkins and Ogbuehi, Smith remains serviceable at RT and we only had to worry about fixing C, the rebuild could be quick. But if you have to invest in new LT, C, RG, RT...we have so many other holes that need filled. This will be big to end the year. Can the line gel and improve for next year
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 03:41 PM)Brimey Wrote: Can the line gel and improve for next year

Minnesota brought in 5 new starters this year and they are fine. 
Reply/Quote
Most of the plays called by Lazor were quick pass plays. Dalton was not asked to hold onto the football. They ran well but weren't asked to alot.

Andy did not have a good game. As the announcer repeatedly said they were having issues getting the ball to the outside. Dalton is rushing his throws to the sidelines. It's frustrating because his throws inside look like he can thread the needle.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 02:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think both our RBs averaged over 4 YPC yesterday.

The Oline had two good blocking plays. Take out those two and our RBs averaged 2.8ypc. If you think 47 rushing yards from out RBs is a good game I want some of what you're smoking. Our Oline sucks at run blocking dude. Accept it. Stop trying to come in here with your cherry picked stats with no context behind them. It's literally not even a debate that our line sucks. If you want to say they did good pass blocking yesterday I can agree with you but you sitting here trying to indicate they had a good run blocking game yesterday makes you look like a joke. 

Do you know why an offense has less then the 20min of possession? BECAUSE THEY CAN'T RUN THE BALL.
Reply/Quote
I for one am pleased with the effort and do not recall seeing an abbreviated playbook that only consisted of quick throws. Seems I remember at least 2 deep shots down the field. One was the play where AJ had his men beat but was underthrown and the other was when JR messed up his route; there may have been more, but no one's offense consists of strictly deep balls. I though our play calling was quite diverse yesterday.

As to the running. I attribute that more to Mixon than the oline; as he seem to hit the holes with more authority and was able to break through once or twice.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Good news, need the O-line to steadily improve as the season comes to an end. If some of these guys can be somewhat
decent it won't be near as long of a rebuild and our new HC won't be terribly handcuffed. Bring back Andre, draft a Center
and a OT and we might be alright.

Great news with Billings, thought it would take awhile for him to start to look good after that injury. If he can become
anything like i expected our entire Defense will be much better. I decent DT next to Geno is what we have needed for a
long time.

Didn't expect us to beat the Titans so as long as we are seeing some improvement from our weaknesses it is good for the
future. The run game still needs a lot of work though.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 04:10 PM)Synric Wrote: Most of the plays called by Lazor were quick pass plays. Dalton was not asked to hold onto the football. They ran well but weren't asked to alot.

Andy did not have a good game. As the announcer repeatedly said they were having issues getting the ball to the outside. Dalton is rushing his throws to the sidelines. It's frustrating because his throws inside look like he can thread the needle.

This has been a problem this entire season....

Reply/Quote