Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Against Titans, line only allowed pressure on 5 of Dalton's 36 Attempts
(11-13-2017, 12:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If Smith can stay healthy, Right tackle should cease to be a problem. Now if they could just do something with the left tackle....

That was always the issue with him.

I was pretty happy when we moved on because, at some point, you've got to have a guy who can play at a consistent decent level almost all season. It doesn't do you much good to have a standout today and a human gate tomorrow because he's got a nagging problem.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 12:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals offensive line had arguably it’s best outing of the season and Smith was a big reason why. As a unit, they yielded pressure on only five of QB Andy Dalton’s 36 dropbacks.

Andre Smith was superb grading out at 87.6.

Billings graded out at 82.2 which is Good.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-tennessee-titans-24-cincinnati-bengals-20

be interested to see what the other OLine graded at...I barely noticed Bodine and Boling yesterday which is a positive in the pass game anyway.

Hopkins was poor from what I saw, completely whiffed on a couple of blocks that I can remember and Ogbuehi was awful .

Not just in pass protection but he keeps missing his man , making poor decisions when pulling on the run game too.  He's good getting out there into space but then does not seem to lock onto the free defender and flatten them  - there was one play yesterday which was a positive run by Mixon so did not hurt us but he went to block the same defender as I think as Boling...as a pulling OT he should absolutely flattening any DB coming up in run support...really frustrating
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 05:17 PM)sonofstat Wrote: be interested to see what the other OLine graded at...I barely noticed Bodine and Boling yesterday which is a positive in the pass game anyway.

Hopkins was poor from what I saw, completely whiffed on a couple of blocks that I can remember and Ogbuehi was awful .

Not just in pass protection but he keeps missing his man , making poor decisions when pulling on the run game too.  He's good getting out there into space but then does not seem to lock onto the free defender and flatten them  - there was one play yesterday which was a positive run by Mixon so did not hurt us but he went to block the same defender as I think as Boling...as a pulling OT he should absolutely flattening any DB coming up in run support...really frustrating

Hopkins may be the worst lineman we have...which is saying a lot. Even worse than Boling.
Reply/Quote
So when the Bengals Offense goes 1-10 on 3rd down and 53 rushing yards, and you are telling me the OLine had their best showing of the year?
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 06:13 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: So when the Bengals Offense goes 1-10 on 3rd down and 53 rushing yards, and you are telling me the OLine had their best showing of the year?

Yep. There were other issues.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 12:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals offensive line had arguably it’s best outing of the season and Smith was a big reason why. As a unit, they yielded pressure on only five of QB Andy Dalton’s 36 dropbacks.

Andre Smith was superb grading out at 87.6.

Billings graded out at 82.2 which is Good.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-tennessee-titans-24-cincinnati-bengals-20

This points out the bigger issue, which is coaching.  There is zero creativity in route design.  There are no crossing or "rub routes" that are supposedly illegal but every team does them and it isn't illegal if there isn't direct contact.  The DB usually has to adjust their route, though, causing the free running WR.  The Bengals made very few plays despite almost every catch being contested.  Dalton had maybe three designed waggles/bootlegs.  He is actually very good on the run, but he needs more than one shot doing it a game.

A strong coaching staff has this team contending overnight.  

If they go in-house, they will continue to flounder. 
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 06:13 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: So when the Bengals Offense goes 1-10 on 3rd down and 53 rushing yards, and you are telling me the OLine had their best showing of the year?

That kind if tells you how bad the Oline has been this year lol 
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
The line was not good yesterday. Just because shit smells a little weaker after week 10. It’s still shit and they need disposed of like a bloody tampon! Just don’t flush them. The OL will clog the toilet.

Reply/Quote
Andy has developed "Happy Feet". He feels rushed and it shows with his accuracy. The Red Rifle has developed an itchy trigger finger.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 08:36 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Andy has developed "Happy Feet". He feels rushed and it shows with his accuracy. The Red Rifle has developed an itchy trigger finger.

Nice!

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 08:19 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: The line was not good yesterday. Just because shit smells a little weaker after week 10. It’s still shit and they need disposed of like a bloody tampon! Just don’t flush them. The OL will clog the toilet.

Oh, you were so close to making a good funny. If you just would have said:

"Don't be afraid to flush them, cause this oline couldn't block anything." 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 08:36 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Andy has developed "Happy Feet". He feels rushed and it shows with his accuracy. The Red Rifle has developed an itchy trigger finger.

For good reason and he would probably admit it to you in private. Probably messed up his bedroom mojo as well. 

His head is all kinds of messed up. 

The line didn't stink as bad yesterday. I'm sure they would accept that compliment.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 09:52 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: For good reason and he would probably admit it to you in private. Probably messed up his bedroom mojo as well. 

His head is all kinds of messed up. 

The line didn't stink as bad yesterday. I'm sure they would accept that compliment.

At this rate, in three or four years, they  might be mediocre.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 06:23 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: This points out the bigger issue, which is coaching.  There is zero creativity in route design.  There are no crossing or "rub routes" that are supposedly illegal but every team does them and it isn't illegal if there isn't direct contact.  The DB usually has to adjust their route, though, causing the free running WR.  The Bengals made very few plays despite almost every catch being contested.  Dalton had maybe three designed waggles/bootlegs.  He is actually very good on the run, but he needs more than one shot doing it a game.

A strong coaching staff has this team contending overnight.  

If they go in-house, they will continue to flounder. 

Yes the offense seems to be poorly designed where players have to do extreme individual efforts to get open or score. It should be easier.

Some of it might be the lack of run game makes teams defend the pass more...but I don't know. Our offense isn't creative at all.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 08:19 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: The line was not good yesterday. Just because shit smells a little weaker after week 10. It’s still shit and they need disposed of like a bloody tampon! Just don’t flush them. The OL will clog the toilet.

This is by far the worst post ever, on this board. Disgusting and entirely unnecessary.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 09:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, you were so close to making a good funny. If you just would have said:

"Don't be afraid to flush them, cause this oline couldn't block anything." 

Yeah, I did miss my target a little.

(11-14-2017, 04:42 AM)Utts Wrote: This is by far the worst post ever, on this board. Disgusting and entirely unnecessary.

I agree. Damn Dog!

Reply/Quote
Yes, the looked better in Pass Protection, but the problem is we still can't run the ball. To me, it seems they run the ball much more effectively when Johnson is in at Center. If run blocking is the issue, and it is, freakin put Bodine on the bench and play Johnson. And I would love to see what Westerman would bring in a game situation....
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 03:44 PM)Au165 Wrote: Minnesota brought in 5 new starters this year and they are fine. 

Clearly this is illegal. They just got away with it somehow.  Ninja
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 01:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes, the looked better in Pass Protection, but the problem is we still can't run the ball. To me, it seems they run the ball much more effectively when Johnson is in at Center. If run blocking is the issue, and it is, freakin put Bodine on the bench and play Johnson. And I would love to see what Westerman would bring in a game situation....

Route design.  Boring, unimaginative, and predictable.  The defense knows exactly where to set up for each route.  Dalton will deliver the ball from the same spot 99% of the time.   When you watched Tennessee, you saw what a real scheme looks like.  The fact that Mariotta threw a really bad INT and the fumble through the end zone is the only thing that prevented this from being a blowout. 

Denver has no QB, no rushing attack, no offensive line, but a solid defense.  Sound familiar? They will beat the Bengals by 14 easily.  This is due to several simple differences in approach:

1.) The Denver defense will play press man and attack the line of scrimmage.  They won't allow the Bengals rushing attack (oxymoron) to get on track and they will harass Dalton all day because they know exactly where he will be standing.  

The Bengal defense will play off the line of scrimmage and off the receivers, hoping to avoid giving up a big play.  They will allow their QB to get settled with some easy 8 yard completions and will nickel-and-dime the defense down the field.

2.) On offense, they will roll their QB out on waggles and bootlegs, while the Bengals will leave Dalton a sitting duck in one spot.

3.) Also on offense, the Broncos will run short crossing routes to force the Bengal DBs to alter their coverage just long enough to make an easy completion and get some YAC.  The Bengals will not employ this incredibly simple strategy that every other team in the league makes a living on.  

4.) Lastly, if any of the above doesn't work for Denver, they will adjust.  If it doesn't (excuse me, WHEN it doesn't) they will simply continue to further slip in to the oblivion and just say things like "we need to do better". 
Reply/Quote